• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alarming comment of the weekend by Terry

Adam

Established Member
I think in the first-half we were all over them, I know they had a couple of chances but as a defender I didn't feel like they were going to score or break us down. Lamps and Makelele and Scott were working brilliantly in midfield, Jesper closing them down, putting a lot of pressure on them, not letting them turn and find the front men and that worked out brilliantly for us.

“The same second-half but they managed to get in. First goal was a great strike and then the second one he just got in behind Mario.

“As players we still thought we could go on and win the game, the confidence was still there. We were the better side until they scored. Then they got on top after that and they do it well here, to be fair. They get their goal and they slow their tempo down. We got sucked into that a little bit, we should've kept going at our tempo. As the manager was saying, we are a lot fitter than them and if we had kept going like that I'm sure they wouldn't have liked it.

“The lads were putting a lot of pressure on them and we could still do that second-half and they didn't like it. Especially the first-half, you could see that. Vieira didn't get on the ball; I thought Lamps was brilliant today.”

Ranieri trying to convince his players they are fitter than Arsène's army!

I've heard it all now.

We seemed the only team with energy in the last 20. Their fitness levels have no bearing when you run them ragged for 70 minutes with possesion. It's not like any team can keep that up for 90 minutes. Maybe they should learn to pass the ball properly too

Cudicini admits:

“It’s true. We completely lost our plan and they started to press us quite high and we just kicked some long balls. But it was difficult for our strikers to create something. I have to say well done to them because in the second-half they played very well.

Ranieri added...

“We must improve because Arsenal (could) suffer from this and I said this to my players; from corners, free-kicks, we can score but it was difficult today. But I want to see the next match on Saturday.”

Errr, which Arsenal have you been analysing this season?

and...

“Now I want to see my players show great will and a fantastic mentality, we need this now.”

How much does that cost to get Abramovich?

The Mini

Dont you sort of feel sorry for them. All that money but cant beat the shoe-string superstars. I dont.

Andrew

There's hardly a team fitter than us. Complete BS from Terry. He normally talks through his arse as if Chelsea's the greatest club in the world.

A

Anonymous

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :p :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :)
they have spent millions and millions and still cant beat a team with our most expensive player missing HAHAHAHAHA

130 million - 1
30 million - 2

The Mini

Andrew said:
He normally talks through his arse as if Chelsea's the greatest club in the world.

Proper fans of any club that about their club. It's how they feel about their club. But Chelski arnt the grreatest club in the world. Full Stop.

Mark

Established Member
Let him think they're better than us, and we can give them another footballing lesson on Saturday. :)

JazzG

Established Member
Those comments are hilarious, he says the spirit is still fine but you could see by the look on their face they were destroyed after that match.

In the first half they had us rocking but we dominated them in the 2nd half. He says Vieira didn't get a kick in the 1st half but he should point out it took Parker, Lampard and Makelele ganging up on 1 player to take him out of the first half! When we switched the ball to our left suddenly they looked all over the place. They really need to completely re-think their tactics against us imo.

Mark

Established Member
The worrying thing is about Chelski is that they can play a very different lineup against us in the league game. I suspect Crespo will start with Mutu this time and they might have Duff back which would be a huge bonus for them. It will be interesting to see how many changes he feels he needs to make, but it might mean different problems for us to deal with. Certainly Duff is a player i fear most from their team, hopefully he won't play.

Adam

Established Member
Their midfield were good off the ball and in stopping us playing, but useless in possesion when it came to showing that they can play - shown in the way set pieces or mistakes by us were their only chances. When you spend millions on talent - you'd think it's the other way!

Legend#1

Established Member
It's true in the first half their midfield was bossing Vieira and Gilberto

Gilberto wasn't doing much, Vieira's work rate was superb but he wasn't getting the decisions and was getting worked up

2nd half, Vieira proved wy he's 1 of the best midfielders and THE best defensive midfielder in the world, he RUN the show, Lampard, Parker and Makelele weren't even in the game at all

Our work rate in the 2nd half was workman like, we wasn't giving up, Ash Cole was still bombing up and down the left like a man posessed, Vieira was everywhere, once Reyes scored his magnificent first goal he dropped deep and does what he does best and run at the defenders and Chelsea didn't know what to do

This sat Chelsea will play a different team in my opinion, Crespo will definately start

But we will get some sort of positive result

JazzG

Established Member
I think Duff will be out of the match, he is struggling with an achillies injury. He is good but at Highbury was quite ineffective against us, probably coz he was played out of position though! As it is likely Gilberto will be playing down the right he won't get much space to work his magic.

Will Ranierigo with the same midfield he has now? They work hard but offer little creativity......

Taozhe

The Mini said:
Andrew said:
He normally talks through his arse as if Chelsea's the greatest club in the world.

Proper fans of any club that about their club. It's how they feel about their club. But Chelski arnt the grreatest club in the world. Full Stop.

wasnt he about to leave chelsea for a better offer the last time they were on financial crisis? ;D

patrick42uk

Established Member
yeah, the day before abramovic came in terry was a certainty to leave, maybe to us as a matter of fact. On abramovic's arrival, him and gallas who had been stalling on a contract too, were quick to sign on the dotted line for their blank cheques. Like every other chelsea player, he is a mercenary.

JazzG

Established Member
Exactly he is coming out and saying how he loves the club but they were stalling on giving him a deal. Terry even mentioned us by name in a press conference to get the Chelsea to hurry up, he never ruled out moving to us. Bates got quite upset and said when he came back from international he would have a new deal waiting for him. Only when Roman came then they all signed.

They wouldn't even give Zola a new deal thats how ****ed up they were, he gave his word to some italien club and even when Roman offered him big bucks he said he is a man of his word and couldn't come back. He was a classy guy that Zola.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Chelsea , what a game that will be.
It will be the game of the weekend saying that it likely to be dull game :wink:
We better play better on the left side.

lewdikris

Established Member
Ranieri is partly right about the crosses - we've conceded some bad goals (Leicester!) in that area. Crosses from the left to the back post are always gonna worry Ash, who ain't exactly a giant (and as for Clichy...). And Jimmy was gettin some joy out there.

AlexH

lewdikris said:
Ranieri is partly right about the crosses - we've conceded some bad goals (Leicester!) in that area. Crosses from the left to the back post are always gonna worry Ash, who ain't exactly a giant (and as for Clichy...). And Jimmy was gettin some joy out there.

Thing is, Jimmy is sh1te. I watched the game with my girlfriends flatmate who is a Chelsea fan and he spent a good portion of the match shouting at Ranieri to sub Hasslebaink, and what does he do? Subs Mutu! :lol: He is their Heskey...hope to God he plays him again on Saturday.

Taozhe

haha poor heskey is not touted as an example of a bad striker. Strange is that Heskey tends to do well vs us.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom