• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alarming comment of the weekend by Terry

Senght

lol, Terry is hilarious. He is lying to himself! Lets hope we beat them a second time and heat his ego once more. Viera was killing them in the 2nd half!

A

Anonymous

I detest that Terry more then anyone else,he's got such an ego its beyond a joke,even if he feels they were all over us in the first half,its not quite the thing to say.
Weve just beaten his lot for the umpteenth time,yet still the excuses flow.
World class players for the Arsenal are,Henry,Vieira,Pires Ljunberg,Reyes,Sol,Toure,Ashley,who have they got,Crespo possibly Mutu decent,Duff potential,Terry Thug,i am struggling to think of an Henry or a Vieira,a world class player,not one 130 million and not one.
Big club Chelsea,dont make me laugh,1 league title in your history,Terry your a sad loser.

lewdikris

Established Member
With the exception of either Lampard or Makelele coming in for Gilberto I wouldn't take one single player in their first 4000 possible starters over our first XI.

Terry over Toure? Last summer definitely; now, no chance. Same age, but Toure has so much more potential, however good Terry is.

And I think that tells its own story.

Alexone234

He would say these things being that he plays for Chelsea. I reality, they worked hard to contain us and took their one chance. Problem for Chelski was that they couldn't keep it up for 90mins. When we equalised they were broken, which is why we had more of the ball and played Reyes in for number two. If you are going to beat Arsenal you need to perform beyond you capacity for 90mins plus stoppage because otherwise you'll find the ball in the back of your net before you can say"maybe we'll get something out of this game"

seanconvey66

I would take Terry, Lampard and Gudjonnson. Terry in the middle, put Toure at right back, Lampard in the centre, and Gudjonnson as a sub

A

Anonymous

seanconvey66 said:
I would take Terry, Lampard and Gudjonnson. Terry in the middle, put Toure at right back, Lampard in the centre, and Gudjonnson as a sub
your mad,lampard got no pace,the antithisis of what wenger likes,as for Terry we dont need thugs,and gudjonnson,what one season he scored a few goals,nah ill keep with what we go

seanconvey66

Look mate ur lookin through red googles. If u cant see that Terry is an excellent defender ur mad, if hes such a thug how many times has he been sent off? Lampard no pace? Still got the engine to get into the box to score the goals! Gudjonnson not basing the decision on goals he is a class footballer, a link up man, like Dennis, who isnt exactly prolific is he!

JazzG

Established Member
Lampard is a good player but very over-rated, I'd take Scot Parker over him tbh. He has a good shot but not really that great in other departments.

Gudjohnson is a decent player.

AFCG7

Established Member
Parker as the extra ball winner in the middle gave us a lot of problems in the first half.
But to say they were all over us isnt quite right.
The two teams this season that were all over us in the first half of a game were Liverpool and .. beleive it or not but in my opinion .. Spuds.
Both teams missed their chances and we took them out in the second half both times.
Chelski werent all over us.. they probably shaded the first half because they go the goal..second half was ours and we made them pay.

A.M.A.G.

AFCG7 said:
Parker as the extra ball winner in the middle gave us a lot of problems in the first half.
But to say they were all over us isnt quite right.
The two teams this season that were all over us in the first half of a game were Liverpool and .. beleive it or not but in my opinion .. Spuds.
Both teams missed their chances and we took them out in the second half both times.
Chelski werent all over us.. they probably shaded the first half because they go the goal..second half was ours and we made them pay.

I agree with you... the game was relatively balanced, in fact a shade more in their favor... but the statement being made by Terry is very relative... compared to most games, Arsenal wasn't knocking the ball about as if it was theirs, and if the other team touched it then the Arsenal players were going to take up the ball and go home pouting... since we were not allowed to do what we usually do, some(like Terry) would see this as a team being all over us... which IS true, to an extent. However, preventing us from being at 100% of our usual Magnificent, Fluid, Poetic, Forceful selves is an accomplishment in itself... but it doesn't mean you will win... but Terry already understands this.

Jkreffer

Established Member
I think that Chelsae will start with the same team that played against us on Sunday. Also Cudicini may be out as well as Terry. Hopefully Duff will be injured too. Arsenal will need to show every bit of team spirit they have to get a result because I really think this is going to be the game of the season.

Laxness

The game will suck. I'm not setting my expectations too high, the 'showcase' games this season are usually not that great.

Very scrappy.

A

Anonymous

seanconvey66 said:
Look mate ur lookin through red googles. If u cant see that Terry is an excellent defender ur mad, if hes such a thug how many times has he been sent off? Lampard no pace? Still got the engine to get into the box to score the goals! Gudjonnson not basing the decision on goals he is a class footballer, a link up man, like Dennis, who isnt exactly prolific is he!
I was not talking about his sending off record more about the fights in nightclubs,catcher my drift mate

JazzG

Established Member
Adam said:
I'd take Glen Johnson in 5 years time....

That guy seriously doesn't have a clue how to defend, he should be used as a midfielder as he is good going forward but rubbish in defense.

AdamT

i would take damien duff their only really good signing, if they had him fit they might have a chance against us.but our best player was also out, plus freddie so we'll really roll them saturday.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom