• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
I love how he just keeps things simple. Always seems to make the right decision and release the ball as soon as possible. Can see why Wenger likes him in the no.10 role. He's barely made a mistake so far. Credit to the lad.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd prefer to see him bought on over Arteta/Gibbs if we need to see out a game.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I'd prefer to see him bought on over Arteta/Gibbs if we need to see out a game.

Guess We'll see El Neny brought on for that. Had another good game yesterday and will likely figure as Rozza's replacement next year if we don't sign/promote anyone for that position.

Can see us giving Toral or some other youngster the nod ahead of him so he can go on loan next season.

say yes

forum master baiter
Surprised at how much praise this guy is getting, I didn't see much to shout home about. Barely noticed him.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Surprised at how much praise this guy is getting, I didn't see much to shout home about. Barely noticed him.
That's weird because he was on the ball a lot. I wouldn't say he's a massive talent but he's got potential and hasn't really looked out of place in the first team.

say yes

forum master baiter
That's weird because he was on the ball a lot. I wouldn't say he's a massive talent but he's got potential and hasn't really looked out of place in the first team.

Yeah he didn't do much right or wrong for me. At a stretch all I really remember from him yesterday was thinking that he could have released the ball a bit quicker at times/he looks like a unit/first touch wasn't perfect.

Definitely wasn't a negative performance but I'm surprised to be reading in the Southampton thread that he should keep his place in the team. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Rosicky replacement long-term hopefully. I thought he did well in transition and kept the ball extremely well without being a serious threat in terms of goals or creating chances.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Think he looked the business again today. Rarely does anything ridiculous, but his decision making and technique is outstanding. impressed with the little I've seen so far.

Socks are old school.

Reyes

Yeah he didn't do much right or wrong for me. At a stretch all I really remember from him yesterday was thinking that he could have released the ball a bit quicker at times/he looks like a unit/first touch wasn't perfect.

Definitely wasn't a negative performance but I'm surprised to be reading in the Southampton thread that he should keep his place in the team. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

You name two of his best qualities, his first touch and his timing of the pass, as points you remember negatively. Seems strange to me.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
You name two of his best qualities, his first touch and his timing of the pass, as points you remember negatively. Seems strange to me.
As I said, it's a consequence of not having a noticeable standout attribute that one can point to and say "he's amazing at that!". Makes him look unspectacular to the naked eye.

Reyes

As I said, it's a consequence of not having a noticeable standout attribute that one can point to and say "he's amazing at that!". Makes him look unspectacular to the naked eye.

It's true, he's a player that's hard to judge. For me, from the moment he came on in the Emirates cup, I was interested. Such composure is hard to find. The kind of player that seems like he moves in slow motion but thinks in hyperdrive. He has a very old school game to me, which is refreshing, he is a different kind of youngster in style compared to other attacking players. Not flashy. His movement is great. I hope we keep playing him in the middle.

Aevi

Hale End FC
He doesn't shoot often.

So Özil, prefers to just pass in hope of a better opportunity.

Reyes

He doesn't shoot often.

So Özil, prefers to just pass in hope of a better opportunity.

The Hleb comparison makes sense. Awkward dribbling style? Check. Looking to pass? Check. Just so funny because they look so different. In his dribble and shooting technique I see some Solari. I think he is a better scorer than advertised. Just hasn't really had a big chance yet, and has focused on doing what's right for the team, not for him.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Didnt get to see the game, but really happy to hear the boy put in a good performance yet again.

He is a bright light in our youth setup, really excited to see where he goes with the team.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
With young players that's usually a good sign because it means they aren't making glaring errors. He basically linked midfield and attack yesterday. What I liked was that he pretty much always took the right decision. He offloaded the ball quickly when there was a better option and also drove forward before making the pass when that was the right decision. Maybe more impressive than that he was on the same wavelength as Alexis and Elneny whom he exchanged passes with the most. You could see he understood where and when they wanted the ball pretty much every time. That's not something that comes easily at such a young age. When I watch a young player I'm not really looking for anything spectacular. That means nothing. Flamini has done the spectacular(in this case I mean good) so that tells you nothing. What I think really tells you about a young player is how consistent they are at the basics. You can build from there. What I saw yesterday was a guy who does all of the basic things without thinking about them. It's those sorts of players that go on to be special rather than someone who can't control a ball but maybe hits the odd nice pass or a wonder strike.

Reyes

With young players that's usually a good sign because it means they aren't making glaring errors. He basically linked midfield and attack yesterday. What I liked was that he pretty much always took the right decision. He offloaded the ball quickly when there was a better option and also drove forward before making the pass when that was the right decision. Maybe more impressive than that he was on the same wavelength as Alexis and Elneny whom he exchanged passes with the most. You could see he understood where and when they wanted the ball pretty much every time. That's not something that comes easily at such a young age. When I watch a young player I'm not really looking for anything spectacular. That means nothing. Flamini has done the spectacular(in this case I mean good) so that tells you nothing. What I think really tells you about a young player is how consistent they are at the basics. You can build from there. What I saw yesterday was a guy wig does all of the basic things without thinking about them. It's those sorts of players that go on to be special rather than someone who can't control a ball but maybe hits the odd nice pass or a wonder strike.

This is so on point I wish I wrote it. This is what I look for in a player. I don't care of he can hit screamers and do trickery to crap on defenders if a player is terribly inconsistent, doesn't connect with his team and careless in possession and position. I want him to understand the game. Our game. And the technique necessary to match the brain.

say yes

forum master baiter
With young players that's usually a good sign because it means they aren't making glaring errors. He basically linked midfield and attack yesterday. What I liked was that he pretty much always took the right decision. He offloaded the ball quickly when there was a better option and also drove forward before making the pass when that was the right decision. Maybe more impressive than that he was on the same wavelength as Alexis and Elneny whom he exchanged passes with the most. You could see he understood where and when they wanted the ball pretty much every time. That's not something that comes easily at such a young age. When I watch a young player I'm not really looking for anything spectacular. That means nothing. Flamini has done the spectacular(in this case I mean good) so that tells you nothing. What I think really tells you about a young player is how consistent they are at the basics. You can build from there. What I saw yesterday was a guy who does all of the basic things without thinking about them. It's those sorts of players that go on to be special rather than someone who can't control a ball but maybe hits the odd nice pass or a wonder strike.

Genuinely don't disagree with anything much you've written there.

It's a credit to him that he didn't look particularly out of place. But at the same time, he's nothing to shout out about like Wilshere/Fabregas etc were at the same age. No-one likes to admit it but you've got to be really really special to make it at the top level.

Reyes

Genuinely don't disagree with anything much you've written there.

It's a credit to him that he didn't look particularly out of place. But at the same time, he's nothing to shout out about like Wilshere/Fabregas etc were at the same age. No-one likes to admit it but you've got to be really really special to make it at the top level.

I don't disagree. When I see him, I don't see superstar. There is an outside chance a la Muller, because he is remarkably similar to him if he starts developing as a goal threat, but he will never be 'special'. I just see a level of intelligence that I love in players. He could be the Pires to your Henry in a best case, probably. I value that as well. A very smart complimentary player, rarely makes mistakes and fits your style perfectly. I think I see it in him and I think Wenger does that too. Otherwise he's have loaned him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom