• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think him being here since he was nine is part of the reason why he's been so good here. He may have gone on loan and flopped for all we know but he's basically been molded into the exact kind of forward that Wenger wants.

Not a surprise that he fits in better than other players who may be more talented - such as Ox or Campbell. There are plenty more coming through the academy who have been educated in the same way as Iwobi but have a real x-factor to their game (Reiss Nelson comes to mind).

We could be seeing the resurgence of our academy.

dysphoria

Established Member
How ****ing cool is his celebration? Proper baller, him, Özil and cech have been my highlights in this clusterfuck of a season that promised so much more.

Wryer

I thought his celebration was cringeworthy. Haha. Almost looked like he ran out of time. But keep going and he can celebrate whatever he wants. Best of our Acedamy lot for a long long while.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I thought his celebration was cringeworthy. Haha. Almost looked like he ran out of time. But keep going and he can celebrate whatever he wants. Best of our Acedamy lot for a long long while.

Best since a certain guy who hurt us a lot.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I guess this is the magic formula, the turbo-boost needed by the top teams, like macheda with United back then.

In the end, our season might be turning around because of Iwobi and El-Nenny.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Really like how Bellerin came in last year and now its Iwobi making a huge impact. Hoping for Toral to be that guy next season.

illmatik

Established Member
Young players will go up and down with their development before they level out.

That said, sometimes it feels like I'm one of the few on the forum who takes things into consideration when judging young players.

Whats your ceiling for Iwobi?

illmatik

Established Member
Really like how Bellerin came in last year and now its Iwobi making a huge impact. Hoping for Toral to be that guy next season.

I've had a little prayer for Toral to breakthrough since him and Hector first signed, it just feels right for him to make it

illmatik

Established Member
And long live Iwobi I hope he never loses his place in the starting XI, hoping Reine Adeleide has similar impact next season

Lancelot

Established Member
My minute-by-minute contextual summary of his performance against Watford April 2, 2016:

Iwobi

Goal
  • 1 goal (37:09)
Assist
  • 1 assist (03:53 Alexis)
Positive Impact
  • Quick to react to the opposition's misplaced pass, recovered it and initiated a forward dribble charge in our counter-attacking play 1 occasion (13:27)
  • Nice curve shot from distance which forced the keeper to make a good save 1 occasion (13:36)
  • One-touch through-ball that released an unmarked teammate to make a successful cut-back pass 1 occasion (14:25 Özil)
  • Nice shot that unfortunately hit the bar 1 occasion (49:42)
Notable Credit
  • Nice overlapping run which allowed himself to force a corner kick from the opposition 1 occasion (24:51)
  • Quality ball out wide to unmarked player 1 occasion (59:24 Elneny)
Negative Impact
N/A

Notable Mistake
  • Misplaced a pass that allowed an opponent to initiate a failed counter-attack 1 occasion (00:49)
  • Made unnecessary difficult pass that went straight to the opposition 2 occasions (17:13, 17:20)
  • Heavy first touch that allowed an opponent to intercept the ball 1 occasion (72:35)
My rating: 9/10

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
England neglected Iwobi and they lost him to Nigeria.

****ing ****s, imagine Iwobi and Wele for England.

While that would be appealing to watch if I was English, the fact Iwobi isn't on the English team is great for Arsenal. Your media is **** for young talent. The hype goes to some players heads and the pressure from the media to perform is too heavy. It probably doesn't help that your media is infested with hundred of scousers who are delusional. If you don't perform straight away then you're not good enough.

tl:dr, joining Nigeria is the best choice he has made in his career since he was 8.

dysphoria

Established Member
While that would be appealing to watch if I was English, the fact Iwobi isn't on the English team is great for Arsenal. Your media is **** for young talent. The hype goes to some players heads and the pressure from the media to perform is too heavy. It probably doesn't help that your media is infested with hundred of scousers who are delusional. If you don't perform straight away then you're not good enough.

tl:dr, joining Nigeria is the best choice he has made in his career since he was 8.

Lets hope it goes to that **** deliboy's head, i cannot stand the sight of him. Average **** who think's he's the reincarnation of gazza, what a ******.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Only negative about him playing for Nigeria is AFCON but at least he is homegrown. Going to be a valuable piece moving forward if he keeps developing at this pace.

CJJ

Established Member
I'll hold my judgement. I like what i'm seeing, but i know from experience that i should not get carried away.

Now that Iwobi has proven he can play ball, the other teams will also be much better prepared for him. The real test will be in the last couple of games, hopefully he can cope with that.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I'm impressed by the fact that Wenger knew exactly whom to promote to the first team. As had been said before he's taken to this level like a duck to water. Many would have promoted a flashier player instead. For all Wenger's faults he still has that one thing going for him.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Just watched the highlights, its nice to see the game condensed after the weekend. I definitely like what I have seen so far. He has a far better touch than Walcott, Ox, & Welbeck, he also has a quick brain which enables him to link up well with others eg Alexis. I see no reason why he wont develop into a great player for us.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
I'm impressed by the fact that Wenger knew exactly whom to promote to the first team. As had been said before he's taken to this level like a duck to water. Many would have promoted a flashier player instead. For all Wenger's faults he still has that one thing going for him.

What i admire about Arsène: He did not throw him in to early!
He probably could already have started a few games early on in the season without adapting completely to the team/high level.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
He is such quality, I don't understand why we didn't use him from the get go, it's probably why we aren't winning the league this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom