• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: Less Ox, More Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatAFC

For 100K+ though? no thanks. He can walk. No way is he worth that much in wages for us.

But Özil is worth 3 times that amount? seriously, Ox is so under appreciated by some of you. When the rest of the team has gone through a bad slump he is one of the few shining lights that always put in a performance.[/QUOTE]
Well yeah, Özil has easily contributed 3 times more than ox has for this club. This is literally the first time in his entire Arsenal career where he's had a run of half decent form.

Özil was brilliant for Dortmund, integral to Real Madrid for a number of seasons, has won the World Cup & has been in the elite for assists every season for the last 5 or so. God knows why you chose to compare ox to Özil.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ramsey and Ox will sign bumper new deals. I always said if Ox stayed fit for any length of time he'll deliver performances.

One of my faves.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Well yeah, Özil has easily contributed 3 times more than ox has for this club. This is literally the first time in his entire Arsenal career where he's had a run of half decent form.

Özil was brilliant for Dortmund, integral to Real Madrid for a number of seasons, has won the World Cup & has been in the elite for assists every season for the last 5 or so. God knows why you chose to compare ox to Özil.

Schalke fans would like to have a word with you.

Disappointing on two levels. One because he seems perfect for the wing back role, and two it suggests going back to the old formation.
He's looked immense at RWB... But obviously Wenger isn't going to give up on Hector, who's also perfectly suited to the role. I thought the Spaniard was good last night.

Ox can cover both wings, and I don't see why he can't become a starting CM for us in the near future.

His driving qualities are extremely needed anywhere we can get them on the pitch.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
A decent run of games doesn't suddenly render his injury record or inconsistency invalid, nor should it make him a priority or the recipient of disproportionately high wages.

I'd wait and see for the remainder of the season, but as someone else also said, if forced to retain a British Core member, I'd rather it be him.

I think Wenger's constant tinkering with his positioning has also been a problem; though he seems to play decently whether put in at RW, CM or now RWB, we're still not sure what his best position is.*

*Not sure I'd put much stock in Wenger's words about playing as RWB benefiting him as a CM. See: Diaby deployed as an LM to 'improve him as a CM' and paired with a failed RB at RM/CM whom Wenger called 'Godfather' 'pass master'.

Last edited:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Needs to be in the final third ready to explode when the ball comes to him. Average in buildup & useless when knackered by the defensive duty at wing back.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Why dont we stop this uncertainty over who plays in RW or ST
ALways a toss up between Ox, Theo, Iwobi for the wing, and Welbeck, Giroud and Theo up front. JUst get rid of a few of them and bring in quality for gods sake , is it so hard? Its clear theyre all not good enough to win us anything apart from trophies such as FA cups
So if we wanna continue playing like we're Barcelona and throw caution to the wind in terms of defensive training or discipline, then at least have a good attack.
Im fed up of seeing donkeys like walcott welbeck giroud, we are meant to play sexy football, you may have your favourite but no matter how u sugar coat it these guys have mid table football ability

Aevi

Hale End FC
Thought he has some decent moments but he had some absolute shockers as well. I still believe in him but I can definitely see where the frustration and doubt comes from. Hard to put in good performances when the whole team looks toothless though.

BobP

Memri Fan
He looked confused as to what his exact role was.

There seemed to have been a poor delegation of responsibility between himself and Gabriel, or maybe issues with language.

The space between the wing back and the center back is critical when you play a back 3/5, can make or break a game.

Typical of Wenger, plays a player in role they've never played with minimal instructions. This is obscured by a few decent performances, and then when the inevitable slump comes the players confidence is shattered.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
it happens we can't expect he perform every game specially like yesterday game when the whole team was poor. he should training himself in this position and Central midfielder role and try to not get injured.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I would have let him play RWF yesterday. The guy was coming off the back of some really good performances and would have fancied doing some damage. Even Central. But no, play him in a position he still knows nothing about in a NLD, because we ponced our way past a couple of dodgy teams with him playing RWB. More desperate management of a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom