• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Song

leo_ense

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/382484/Barcelona-reject-Alex-Song-could-make-Arsenal-return" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... nal-return</a>

:lol:

Mudi

Hahaha, do not want him here! He's awareness and positioning are awful! He thinks too slow and runs too much with the ball. He will do a Hleb. Go play for several teams on loan to end up at the Turkish/Greece competition!

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I'd take him back on the cheap or on loan, we need midfield grit plus his through balls are nice.

I seriously doubt it happens

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Wasn't that bothered when he left so I wouldn't be that bothered to take him back unless it was for cheap.

I knew he'd fail at Barca, I predict he'll be playing in Turkey in about a year or two.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i will take him back he not world class but he is quality player in my opinion and we desperately need good Defensive midfielder. barca will sell him for 10m or under i think.

iced22

If we keep up with a 1-2 midfield and play Song as the CDM instead of as a B2B CM in a 2-1 setup, then he would be extremely useful to have around.

Unlike Capoue, Gonalons, Wanyama, or whoever we've been linked with, he'll need little to no bedding in. Historically, he's also performed very well in a more limited CDM role sweeping up behind two creative CMs (parts of 09/10 as well as the 1-0 win against United in May 2011 come to mind), and he's already shown he's too dumb and unresponsive to be given too much responsibility in midfield. Bottom line is, yes to CDM Song, gtfo to B2B CM Song.

Or who knows, maybe he's Wenger's idea of out savior at CB :lol:

glaveror

Haha,that's never going to happen. But it would be funny if we were to make a profit from all this. :)

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Not the droid we're looking for.

The midfield is unbalanced enough as it is, we need better forwards not more creative midfielders. Song isn't going to shield the defence well if at all, and there's no RvP to bury his through balls.

Do not want.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Not disciplined enough to play as a DM and not mobile enough to play as a box to box. A good player but not what we need in my opinion.

truth_hurts

Other than strength and the ability to stay fit what would he add to our team?

mo50

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
Other than strength and the ability to stay fit what would he add to our team?
You've seen him here before, you know exactly what you're getting. He's shown he's got the attributess to develop into a top class midfielder. He also gets the best out of Arteta. Oh, and Wenger wouldn't try to play Diaby at every opportunity.

He'd be my first choice defensive minded midfielder to be signed this summer. Give me Song over Capoue, Wanyama and the rest of the henchmen we're linked with.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think Wenger had deeper issues with Song, maybe his attitude, or the other theory that Song wasnt following instructions when stepping over the white line.

He isn't coming back, makes no mistakes, Wenger dumped/ditched Alex Song.

The problem here is that you sell Nasri and RvP with downgrade replacements, with no one even coming in for Song.

Never thought Song would leave so easily, he was Wengers baby, only Wenger saw Songs potential.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
From a footballing point of view, I see no reason to take him back, ever! On the other hand if we sell Gervinho in the summer we will be losing a ridiculously stupid hair style, on this basis there may be a place up for grabs and Song fits the bill ;)

truth_hurts

GDeep said:
I think Wenger had deeper issues with Song, maybe his attitude, or the other theory that Song wasnt following instructions when stepping over the white line.

He isn't coming back, makes no mistakes, Wenger dumped/ditched Alex Song.

The problem here is that you sell Nasri and RvP with downgrade replacements, with no one even coming in for Song.

Never thought Song would leave so easily, he was Wengers baby, only Wenger saw Songs potential.

QFT due to the circumstances in which he left he will not be returning I'm pretty sure.

Herbas

Exactly my thoughts as well.
Wenger has never easily sold a first team player, there would be always a looong drag in negotiations. On the other hand, Song was sold in basically the shortest time possible. Don't think it could be interpreted in any other way than "get the **** out" attitude.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom