• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He doesn't fit their requirements for a player anyway,

:- Over 6.2ft
:- Nasty, hard ****er.
:- Can throw ball long, if other 6 first choice chuckers are injured.
:- Will break opponents legs for the cause.
:- Play the Stoke way
:- Have Stoke DNA.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://thesun.mobi/sol/homepage/sport/football/3780728/Arsenal-go-in-for-Alex.html?mob=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://thesun.mobi/sol/homepage/sport/f ... html?mob=1</a>

If true just pay the ****ing 3m extra

OneProudGooner

Established Member
I don't see them selling as I've said earlier despite some people thinking otherwise, we've conceded 8 goals so linking us to any old CB seems a obvious rumour to make.
I'd imagine if they did decide to sell they would put that extra rival tax on the fee which would be more than £10m. I'm not sure he'd want to move here though, he'd like to play abroad but Chelsea have priced him out of a move to Juve atm and so they've been looking elsewhere.
Mind you he could still be in AVB's plans afterall.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
See him get shrugged off like a fly by Long last week? I don't watch much of Chelsea but perhaps there's a reason they're looking to sell him...

GOONER1991

Established Member
1macca1 said:
See him get shrugged off like a fly by Long last week? I don't watch much of Chelsea but perhaps there's a reason they're looking to sell him...

That's what I was thinking. I've always seen him as a strong, no nonsense defender, who won't fanny about with the ball like a lot of our centre backs, however that was really unimpressive the way Long shrugged him off. However, Chelsea's defensive system under Villas-Boas has been really suspect so far this season tbh.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
raidersoftheark said:
Would rather Alex than Cahill, to be honest. Beast in the air and hopefully will score a few with his rocket launcher free kicks.

We need both, and I'm serious. Vermaelen is far and away our best CB and cannot be depended on to stay fit yet.

Glovegun

Established Member
Vermaelen should be a left-back for the forseeable future. I'd take Alex in a heartbeat.

I think we will raid Chelsea, but I have a funny feeling we're going to sign Malouda.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
For some reason I've never rated him very highly as a defender. He has his moments but he's too inconsistent for me to take seriously. We need a rock in defence, not a new Djourou.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
He is a rock. He will be a great fit for us. I would take him over Cahill tbf

Beeney

Clrnc said:

He's a very good defender but his wages would too high and he's too old to pay a substancial transfer fee for. Cahill is hungry and looking to make a step up and he's English as well. Alex would be another Mercenary.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Sky Sports understands we might be interested in Alex because we need a CB but haven't actually made a move, just more speculation basically.
I can't see this happening still, he struggles with the high line especially.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Clrnc said:
Really? I don't get that impression watching him and neither apparently does Chelsea.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
patrick42uk said:
Alex? Last seen getting outpaced and outmuscled by Shane Long? No thanks.

Are we gonna pretend that Alex wouldn't be an improvement on Squillaci?

burnsjed

Established Member
That might be the case, but are we not looking for an improvement on our regular duo?
Not saying he is worse, but we need more than just depth right now, feels like we need a bloody miracle!
Wheres Bergkamp when you need him?!

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom