• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Genuinely think he’s got a lot worse from last year, as @Trilly said last year there was a debate over whether he was a good or great striker.

This year he looks such a plodder it’s unreal.

I think the injury after the Sp**s match affected him because he looked good before that but since he’s come back he’s looked a different player.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Wasn't he nicknamed the French Defoe or Bent? Think I'd take either over him right now. Even though bents been retired for years.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Funda you sold your story for $$$ and destroyed our sweet prince in the process. He is now just a shell. An empty husk.

I wish you great misfortune for the rest of your remaining days Funda. :mad:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Never forget his Olympiakos hat trick when we needed it to go through. Now we’re stuck with Lacazette who always goes missing in big games.

I guess that’s the difference between a WC champion and a serial bum

I think Laca needs to go and he hasn't been good enough but he has scored against most big teams we've played

Malky

Established Member
Never been a fan of him, took some stick on here for saying that he's just an average striker (at best) who's had a handful of good games, nothing spectacular. But now it's glaringly obvious that he's nowhere near good enough, he'll be easily replaced, he's basically just ****.

say yes

forum master baiter
Have tried to stay out of this thread because there’s so much nonsense written about Laca, but there’s no doubt he’s having an awful season.

He’s in comfortably the worst goalscoring form of his career, and has looked sluggish af ever since he’s returned from that injury. Just doesn’t look like himself at all.

Tricky one for Arteta because if we had a fully fit and firing Laca I’d fancy us for CL qualification this season, so the temptation must remain to play him back into form. Particularly given that the fundamentals (great work rate & above average link up play) are still there, and he’s clearly a popular player in the squad too.

Case for selling him this summer is becoming overwhelming though. His market value is simply too much above his value to the team at this point, particularly if we can convince Auba to renew. And there’s no point risking losing him on a free.

zilfy

Tricky one for Arteta because if we had a fully fit and firing Laca I’d fancy us for CL qualification this season, so the temptation must remain to play him back into form.
That is the big question with him: is he just horribly out of form or is he actually "past it" or finished? I think too many on here have written him off for good.

Either way I want him sold but if he can get some form before the end of the season he will sell for so much more. For that to happen he needs minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom