• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He is decent footballer you don't put him to elite because he not 25 goals season striker if he even call up for France he'd be on bench even with different management

But France don't need him because everything he does there's better players for it. Also his attitude stinks, always stroppy and a bit of a diva don't need those bad vibes around but tbf most French people are like that.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I am saying he doesn't have have great power or pace but he still makes it work, he was bashed for not having blistering speed or Drogba like strength but there is more to football than that.

Also, I disagree with the kids thing. Auba looked meady when playing infront of the kids, it didn't work. Laca had nobody to link up with for most of this season and he got the blame. The kids and Laca need each other.

The kids solely getting the credit because of agendas is kind of a shame, the majority of the team has stepped up a bit.

I just don't think he's exceptional/great at any aspects of football, good to decent all around.

Auba just looks poor in Arteta's set up, especially when playing out wide touching the line. I agree that Lacazette has been our best forward player this season. but I think he benefits from having runners around him so he doesn't have to do it as much because his stamina issues.

The kids give him less work to do which mean he can focus on what he's good at being in the box getting shots off or creating. He's looked bad when he's tasked to do more than that.

Lacazette getting credit because of agendas is a shame too, I think Xhaka has been one of our best players the last few months but won't get credit. It's all about who people are bias to/against.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Lacazette getting credit because of agendas is a shame too, I think Xhaka has been one of our best players the last few months but won't get credit. It's all about who people are bias to/against.
I was gonna dispute this cause I think Xhaka has been great since his red you'd have to be very negligent or hate him to say otherwise, but yeah you're probably right.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Well I’m just glad that he’s showing there’s more to it than having above average pace and power. He’s a good footballer who always tries and whilst the kids get all the plaudits - he’s the only reason they are working.

Looking up and down the league he is nowhere near as bad as people try and make out, even if he is admittedly declining physically.

I was so frustrated with Arteta for the role he had him play for most of the season. This guy had to firm all the corn for it as well. Can defo see him moving onto a better team for sure, would hate to see him go out like Auba.
Fanbase gonna be in a shock when any striker we realistically can bring in will be worse than Laca.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

But France don't need him because everything he does there's better players for it. Also his attitude stinks, always stroppy and a bit of a diva don't need those bad vibes around but tbf most French people are like that.

pogba-laugh.png

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I like Laca, and the French definitely have history with weird squad selections ( I'm pretty sure Raymond Domenech used astrology to help him pick his squad :lol:)

Giroud suits Deschamps style much more anyway. I don't think there's any conspiracy behind him not being in the squad. France just have a few more suitable forwards than Laca for their style they play.

We should be happy about it anyway, Laca not having international duty benefits us. We don't want him getting burnt out with his stamina issues.

Last edited:

Pop Tart

Established Member
If Laca was any good he would get picked for France. There is no conspiracy here. No hate against Laca. France pick the team that can win the tournaments. They won the last one and they came second before that. France made the right calls!
Mustafi was called up for wc 2014 and left with a winners medal. By your comments that makes him a good player.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Laca has always been a patchy player.

Hopefully we are not stupid to offer him an extension.

Just take it to his last year. Offer 1 year contract extension after next season if his play then justifies it.

akhil

Well I’m just glad that he’s showing there’s more to it than having above average pace and power. He’s a good footballer who always tries and whilst the kids get all the plaudits - he’s the only reason they are working.

Looking up and down the league he is nowhere near as bad as people try and make out, even if he is admittedly declining physically.

I was so frustrated with Arteta for the role he had him play for most of the season. This guy had to firm all the corn for it as well. Can defo see him moving onto a better team for sure, would hate to see him go out like Auba.

I actually wouldn't mind giving him an extension honestly, not an Auba kind of extension but at similar wages to what he is on now. Replacing him will be a lot harder considering he's pretty much the pivot around which the attack operates. Even if that's a 40-50 million commitment over 3-4 years, I'm not sure who we get for a lesser outlay without taking a massive gamble. We are close to being a CL team again with a couple of permanent midfield additions, I'd focus investment in those areas.

I'm not sure if he'd get a better deal anywhere outside of England, nobody pays 180k wages outside of a handful of clubs and those may not be interested in him apart from Juve.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
And risk losing him for free, like so many players? Surprisingly I'm not fond of that idea.

Then sell him this Summer.

Laca was never a 180 per week player anyways.

If he is a football mercenary, he will ride out his contract and go to the highest bidder like Wilian. If he loves this club, he sill wait for our offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom