<

Alexandre Lacazette: Alexandre The Grate

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Lady_Gooner, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

We could be seeing physical decline. I maintain at his best he was a top PL striker. A top 6 PL striker. But despite his goals this season some of his performances have been concerning.

Everything just seems like hard work for him. Sprinting, dribbling, controlling the ball, shooting. It’s like he has to squeeze every ounce of energy do so these basic things.

I hope he can continue to grab goals as we’re gonna need him this season. But it might be worth Arteta looking at a new sort of role for him.

2. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

If Laca’s ripped as ****, what are Hulk, Adama and Diego Carlos? :lol:

Trilly likes this.
  3. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

Totally agree with this, at one point he was great but he declined to a point where I would rather watch Eddie and Martinelli for the rest of the season.
    He is not too old to turn it around, but he probably doesn't have the motivation to push himself anymore.

4. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Well-Known Member

Was calling out for him to set auba up in the 2nd half. Real poor decision for him not to. Poor in general despite his goals this term which were standard striker goals

5. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

He genuinely looks upset at his own performances when he inevitably gets subbed off.

I hope he sorts it out and atleast gives a good account of himself for a decent move in the summer.

He still has a good first touch which you never lose but everything else after that is pretty bad.

Maybe and Trilly like this.
  6. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Did you see this from the match thread or were you picking up girls at the bar?

celestis, Tir Na Nog and Trilly like this.
  7. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

He's not fat but he plays like he is.

celestis likes this.
  8. Troopz

Troopz Established Member

He might aswell play in midfield. The lad is finished as a striker.

9. tcahill

tcahill Well-Known Member

Usually not a 'told you so' kind of guy but the past transfer window was the time to sell this guy. Even just 20 mill would have gotten us over the line with Aouar or been most of the fee for Edouard.

That being said, our chance creation has been absolute dogsh*te this season (and the last) and he's been feeding off scraps.

10. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

True but regardless, I've not seen anything from Eddie that leads me to believe he should be getting minutes for a team with real ambitions. I understand that he's young and he's got a great goalscoring record for the U-23s(so did Jeffers) but what does he actually do well? Saka and Martinelli show flashes of brilliance while typically at least putting in good performances. Maitland-Niles could be elite at fullback if he would accept it as his best role and dedicate himself completely to it. I just don't see anything special from Eddie ever. What is his stand out attribute? He isn't particularly quick, he's not aerially dominant, he's not a great dribbler, there's nothing spectacular about his technique, he's not amazing at working the lines. If he weren't English he wouldn't play. It's depressing watching those 2 compete for minutes because you feel it's almost a wasted spot.

Maybe, Stannis, mpower2540 and 3 others like this.
  11. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Oh lord, so he just has terrible natural fitness. Is what it is, some people are just born that way.

But then he plays in probably the most demanding role in our team, and when you're constantly knackered it negatively affects every single thing about your game, not just your running power which basically means we're not likely to see a good game for him in this pressing role. Yeah we need a new striker ASAP.:lol:

12. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

That Martinelli injury hurts man, the guy could have already been our starting CF.

Batman and Maybe like this.
  13. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

The thing that I can't get away from at this point is that a frail, injury plagued Theo looks better than Laca. Theo is also two years older. Laca was finished a year ago, assuming he ever really got started here.

Keplaz likes this.
  14. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

You remember Wenger used to sub him by 70 th come what may? maybe that's why . :lol:

Maybe, Trilly and Macho like this.
  15. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

He was fit and Arteta still played Nketiah/Laca over him at CF.

krengon, Trilly and Macho like this.
  16. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Shhh people aren't ready for that conversation yet. My guess is he's way too risky in possession for Mikel.

Big Poppa likes this.
  17. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Joel Campbell was the same, everything looked laboured for him. Difference was he had a more consistent touch than Laca.

18. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

When he and Auba were through and he messed it up...

It feels like he does a lot of messing up chances. Either his own or easy creation for others

19. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

20. Troopz

Troopz Established Member

Is Balogun ready? Rather give him the minutes than Lacazette.

Kinda feel sorry watching him out of his depth and struggling to run week in week out.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.