• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If ever there were two strikers not suited to play together, it's Laca and Auba. Both strongly prefer running the line and both are central strikers. One of them would have to change their game too much to remain worthy of a place, and then they wouldn't be good enough.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
So how does Laca get back in the first 11? I don't see any room for him other than Auba's understudy.
Understudy? Really?
First of all, Laca helps out more than Auba does, so he's better at pressing and he's pretty good on his feet when protecting the ball.
Second of all, you're talking as if Auba is scoring bags of goals and is undroppable, which is so not the case.
Laca needs to get minutes in order to regain his predatory instincts and help us go as far as possible in the EL and possibly get a better position in the league if we mentain our current form and other teams above us start to slip.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Both strongly prefer running the line and both are central strikers.
Not really. Both started to play as wingers, so they still know how to do a job there.
You can play them both, but one of them has to be a winger or a second striker, depending on the formation we're using.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Not really. Both started to play as wingers, so they still know how to do a job there.
You can play them both, but one of them has to be a winger or a second striker, depending on the formation we're using.
That's what I mean, none are real wingers though. I wouldn't waste someone like Auba on a winger any more than I would someone like Laca. You're asking them to be half the player they are for the sake of the other guy. Just like Laca being better suited to dropping deep than Auba--why would you ask him to play like that when his game is making little runs behind defenders and finishing?

In theory, you may think it could work because they may have performed that role at another club, but the reality is unless one of them is supremely talented like an Henry, Messi or Suarez, it isnt working and it usually ends up chaotic with both reverting to type as soon as things get tight, and start making the same runs.

All said, I'm sure we'll get the chance to see because Wenger will always try and shoehorn his most expensive players in. We never know for sure until we see it.

That's what I mean, none are real wingers though.

This is what I'm saying. I love Lacazette. But if the plan is to play him on the wing I just hope we rather buy a real wide forward and rotate Auba and Laca as spearhead in front three.

But you know Wenger. He will force his players into some weird tactic and we will see against better teams that we suffer for it. Laca or Auba on the wings against teams who have figured us out long time ago? Just forfeit the match ffs.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
That's what I mean, none are real wingers though. I wouldn't waste someone like Auba on a winger any more than I would someone like Laca. You're asking them to be half the player they are for the sake of the other guy. Just like Laca being better suited to dropping deep than Auba--why would you ask him to play like that when his game is making little runs behind defenders and finishing?
Uhm, Auba was a real winger at St. Etienne and managed to score 29 goals for them in the two years he played there. He also started out on the wing for Dortmund until Lewa left and he took the striker position.

The thing is that a lot of times he'll still be found with a pass when he's out wide, like when Iwobi gave him that through ball in his debut game or when Wenger moved him wide in the Tottenham game when he brought Laca on, so what you're saying about him simply isn't true, because he had and always will have moments where he's going to play from the wing depending on where he's caught on the field doing the pass and what the formation is being used.

Laca having less pace makes him to be not as efficient playing there, but the same can be said for Ramsey, who was used a lot in that position by Wenger and there are still people who say that in certain games we should put him there.

That's why I can see Auba on the wing to provide for Laca or Laca playing in a slightly deeper role if they're going for a 4-4-1-1, because he's got a decent pass in him and he can set up Auba for a goal with a quick one-two, but they can interchange in these positions in order to throw off the opponent.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I have nothing against Lacazette, I back him to have a wonderfull career with us. But him and Auba wouldn’t really fit together. How about using Lacazette in a deal with Griezmann, hmmm? He was going there anyway, and Griezmann is coming to the PL soon, why would he want to play for Mourinho? Auba with Griezmann close behind him, Mesut and Mkhi as attacking midfielders.. now that would be tasty.

say yes

forum master baiter
If ever there were two strikers not suited to play together, it's Laca and Auba. Both strongly prefer running the line and both are central strikers. One of them would have to change their game too much to remain worthy of a place, and then they wouldn't be good enough.

They may not be a prototypical strike partnership but I’m confident it can work.

Both players have typically benefited from having a strike partner and Lacazette in particular has very tidy link up play.

He’d have to drop a little deeper during our build up but two intelligent penalty box strikers would be an absolute nightmare for the opposition once we get into their final third.

They may not be a prototypical strike partnership but I’m confident it can work.

Both players have typically benefited from having a strike partner and Lacazette in particular has very tidy link up play.

He’d have to drop a little deeper during our build up but two intelligent penalty box strikers would be an absolute nightmare for the opposition once we get into their final third.

How do we compare Laca and Auba to Cole and Yorke? My memory is a bit unclear. Didn't they play together? Of course in the past when 4-4-2 was more used. But Maybe it could work somehow.

But because we are playing 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 I don't want to see either of them of the wing. The competition might benefit them both in the end and hopefully the team also!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Uhm, Auba was a real winger at St. Etienne and managed to score 29 goals for them in the two years he played there. He also started out on the wing for Dortmund until Lewa left and he took the striker position.

The thing is that a lot of times he'll still be found with a pass when he's out wide, like when Iwobi gave him that through ball in his debut game or when Wenger moved him wide in the Tottenham game when he brought Laca on, so what you're saying about him simply isn't true, because he had and always will have moments where he's going to play from the wing depending on where he's caught on the field doing the pass and what the formation is being used.

Laca having less pace makes him to be not as efficient playing there, but the same can be said for Ramsey, who was used a lot in that position by Wenger and there are still people who say that in certain games we should put him there.

That's why I can see Auba on the wing to provide for Laca or Laca playing in a slightly deeper role if they're going for a 4-4-1-1, because he's got a decent pass in him and he can set up Auba for a goal with a quick one-two, but they can interchange in these positions in order to throw off the opponent.
Well put it this way, if they're both to play in the same eleven, the likeliest scenario is Auba on the left wing, and I still think he'll be wasted there. It's not ideal.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Honestly from watching Laca here , seems to me he likes dropping deeper and linking . Whereas Auba cleverly refuses to come to the ball always stretching the play .

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
How do we compare Laca and Auba to Cole and Yorke? My memory is a bit unclear. Didn't they play together? Of course in the past when 4-4-2 was more used. But Maybe it could work somehow.

But because we are playing 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 I don't want to see either of them of the wing. The competition might benefit them both in the end and hopefully the team also!
Yorke made that partnership work imo. Auba and Laca are nothing like Yorke. Yorke roamed across the forward line finding space and causing trouble. They had a telepathic understanding.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
How about using Lacazette in a deal with Griezmann, hmmm? He was going there anyway, and Griezmann is coming to the PL soon, why would he want to play for Mourinho?
Griezmann is going to Barcelona. If you want to use Lacazette in a deal for an Atleti player, Oblak or Gimenez would be better imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom