• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He had a bad game, and it's not only about his miss, he fecked up two our counter attacks with his poor passes as well.

The two passes he messed up are a part of his game I would really like him to emulate Alexis with. In both those situations he could have used the runners as decoys with Chelsea back peddling and got at least two more shots on target.

He spoke about only shooting when he has a clear sight of goal when he signed for us and quite frankly that is complete rubbish. If he is in a shooting position around the box he should be pulling the trigger because he is fully capable. The extra pass to a right back who won't be able to shoot or cut the ball back is pointless.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Far from Laca's best game, but he is still getting used to the league.

The pace and physicality of the league are clearly new to him. As he gets stronger and more adjusted he'll be fine. He'll have fewer heavy touches.

His miss today was bad, but it was a tough shot. In France, he would have had more time and could have snatched at it and put it away. In this league, he's gonna have to throw his whole body at it and out muscle someone to score that goal.

Alexis and other South American players excel at those types of chances because they've made scoring ugly goals into an art form. Alexis probably would have taken a quick touch and then toe-poked it into the goal.

Laca's shown a lot of promise in his first handful of matches.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think we can forgive him about missing the chance the ball bounced quick and is was high

skip spence

I think Laca had a difficult game, had few chances and didn't really do that well with them. but that chance with the rebound was difficult too, wouldn't make much of that.

Think it's clear though that the pace and mobility that we've been missing with Giroud, well, Laca is quicker than Giroud, but he's not really that quick him either.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I never expected much playing in front of Welbeck and Iwobi and got exactly that. He can make goals for himself, so it's not like he's totally reliant on service to make an impact, but he never found himself in positions to do that either. Henry had games like these--I think Laca is allowed a few in his first season.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He was up against a league-winning back line and acquitted himself well IMO. People say his miss was bad but those type of chances are missed most weeks.

Came to him very quickly, but I suppose he does have the quality to put those away. Overall I thought he worked very hard (even more so than Welbeck) and his linkup play is underrated.

Thrilled with this signing.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I said this in the match thread, and I'll say it again in here... Wenger needs to STOP subbing him off. He's trying to accommodate our many forwards and is overthinking Lacazette's integration into the league, but I find it extremely unnecessary. He has a proven goalscoring record and has looked good for us thus far, and he'll improve as he keeps getting gametime. Giving him shorter spells on the field in the place of less talented players does both him and the team little good. Chelsea, Utd, Tottenham... they keep their premium strikers on the field because they'll reward you when they get that chance. We need to cut the bullsh*t and do the same.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I like him, a lot actually- just fear that he won't be utilised properly under Wenger.

Like the majority if not all of our bigger name signings (even Cech) he just reeks of an opportunist signing rather than someone we signed with a plan or cause Wenger really wanted him.

Flashbacks of the Podolski signing only younger with higher ceiling and a bit more of a buzz

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Alex is a small poacher those are bread and butter for those guys. Bad miss but they happen. Especially when a side is struggling.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Far from Laca's best game, but he is still getting used to the league.

The pace and physicality of the league are clearly new to him. As he gets stronger and more adjusted he'll be fine. He'll have fewer heavy touches.

His miss today was bad, but it was a tough shot. In France, he would have had more time and could have snatched at it and put it away. In this league, he's gonna have to throw his whole body at it and out muscle someone to score that goal.

Alexis and other South American players excel at those types of chances because they've made scoring ugly goals into an art form. Alexis probably would have taken a quick touch and then toe-poked it into the goal.

Laca's shown a lot of promise in his first handful of matches.
Told you guys the French league sucks.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I was told he puts away shots 1 out of 2 chances. Well...he hit one on target and fluffed the other.

Giroud would have got murdered. However, I love his hustling to win the ball back.

It'd be a successful season if he gets 20 goals for us in his 1st season. Anything less and questions will be raised. Or atleast score 1 goal ever 180 minutes. That would be a good ratio.

I would rather have a striker who can beat defenders in order to create goal scoring chances for himself.

If you rely on teammates' supply in a big game, you will have around 3 goal scoring chances to take.
Lacazette might be able to finish 2 of them on his day with a 66% conversion rate.

But imagine a striker who can make additional chances for himself (who can beat defenders by body strength or doing tricks), he could get 6 goal scoring chances in a game. And with only 50% conversion rate, he can score 3 goals out of the 6 chances.

And that's why we need a striker who is not just good at pace and finishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom