• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Can someone pull up my posts about him being injured? Think only me and one other was suggesting this. I hate being right.

Indeed it was , that may also explain the physical drop off and the 70 mins subs. Instead of the usual Wenga's pandering to Giroud :)

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
You are really and truly the #1 Laca cheerleader here mate. Any critic of Lacazette seems to be a personal insult to you.
I've criticised him plenty in this thread, because unlike you I'm actually objective. This team doesn't create chances regardless of who plays up front, there's a systemic problem in this team so I'm not going to blame someone who's been here for five months. People like you will go to any lengths to avoid blaming Wenger, even attacking a player who's been carrying an injury for some time.

You'll just keep posting the same garbage in here so you can remind us you posted about it in the summer.

BBF

Giroud would have months every season where he was one of our best players every game and looked as good as any striker in the world. That wasn't enough to prevent people from wanting an upgrade from him. So far I am not sure Lacazette has shown enough to justify him being an upgrade from Giroud.

No he didn't. The guy went missing in multiple title contending campaigns when we needed goals.

Giroud was rubbish, and Lacazette's going to beat his first seasons total despite being unfit and having an injury layoff.

giroud is the better player.
i hate our fans

I wasn't even fan of Giroud, sadly, but I think I can easily agree with this.

I was hoping Lacazette would make us better attacking team with being more mobile and clever movement than Giroud used to offer. But that hasn't happen for us at all. Our attack has regressed heavily this season and it did never look this bad with Giroud like it has been with Lacazette for this season.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

I was hoping Lacazette would make us better attacking team with being more mobile and clever movement than Giroud used to offer. But that hasn't happen for us at all. Our attack has regressed heavily this season and it did never look this bad with Giroud like it has been with Lacazette for this season.

There of course is the additional minor issue of our best attacking player couldn’t be asked all season and was eventually sold in the Jan transfer window.

May also have had an impact, you never know.

There of course is the additional minor issue of our best attacking player couldn’t be asked all season and was eventually sold in the Jan transfer window.

May also have had an impact, you never know.

That is an idea. But I think Sanchez gave his all until his last day here. What you then also ask if you feel like Sanchez was bad if that was because he didn't find chemistry with Lacazette. Özil has also been having very strong season imo but our attack has still regressed from previous seasons.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
That is an idea. But I think Sanchez gave his all until his last day here. What you then also ask if you feel like Sanchez was bad if that was because he didn't find chemistry with Lacazette. Özil has also been having very strong season imo but our attack has still regressed from previous seasons.

Mate. Sanchez was always my favourite player by virtue of his balls, guts, effort and the fact that even when performing at 60% he was still the best player in our squad.

But some games this season he didn’t give a rats ass and was super disruptive. I’d of been exactly the same.

I have zero issues with Sanchez anyway. You won’t get any “traitor” nonsense from me. Mans gotta feed his family

AVENTUS

His always been a quality player for Lyon even here in his few months his showed flashes of brilliance he just needs a run of games to find form again.

Wenger should really try two up top we have 2 very very good strikers surely you have to experiment.!

carlito'sway

Established Member
I've criticised him plenty in this thread, because unlike you I'm actually objective. This team doesn't create chances regardless of who plays up front, there's a systemic problem in this team so I'm not going to blame someone who's been here for five months. People like you will go to any lengths to avoid blaming Wenger, even attacking a player who's been carrying an injury for some time.

You'll just keep posting the same garbage in here so you can remind us you posted about it in the summer.

You may not like what I posted but i am not here to soothe your feelings. As I said, he is a decent striker but nowhere good enough to lead the line for Arsenal FC. It is no accident that PEA arrived last month. So I guess you are part of the physio team, how long has he been carrying his injury?

You can be more imaginative, you are coming back with the same old memes, "team doesn't create chances", "systemic problem" blah blah....
By the way, don't lose your cool, not pretty and try to stay classy dude. You are a mod, FFS.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Suarez can just do some tricks to send defender to the wrong side. Without the help of his teammates, he can create 3 to 4 extra golden chances per match for himself. It doesn’t matter if he missed 1 or 2 of them. For any striker, there are a lot other abilities that are also important, not just finishing.

Drogba was another example, he didn’t need teammates to create chances for him, just make a mindless long pass and then he could score with his individual ability.

Lacazette’s game is too one dimensional. He can’t create chances for himself. To just have great finishing ability and pace are not qualified enough to be a world class striker.

I would rather have a striker with poorer finishing ability, receiving 3 chances from teammates per match, creating 3 for himself, missing 3 and score 3.
And not have a striker like lacazette, receiving 3 chances from teammates per match, creating 0 and score 2 of them.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

Great post. Agree fully. Constantly blaming one cog when clearly the whole machine is broken is ridiculous. The fact Nacho is scoring goals and has more shots than any of our attacking players tells you all about the way we are setup, and it's not designed for a striker to thrive. Wenger is struggling to set up our team in a way that we create four/five clear cut chances for our striker. Watching Auba vs Tottenham will tell you everything that's wrong with our setup/tactics.

You may not like what I posted but i am not here to soothe your feelings. As I said, he is a decent striker but nowhere good enough to lead the line for Arsenal FC. It is no accident that PEA arrived last month. So I guess you are part of the physio team, how long has he been carrying his injury?

You can be more imaginative, you are coming back with the same old memes, "team doesn't create chances", "systemic problem" blah blah....
By the way, your true colors are showing, try to stay classy dude. You are a mod, FFS.

We have 97 through balls this season, highest of any team. City are second with 74. We are third in hitting the woodwork with 13 times. City are first with 16. We are third with goals inside the box with 48 times, City and Tottenham are above us. We have 287 key passes and City has 297.

But I mean... Lacazette team mates just need to try harder. Even if he refuse to attack the ball in the penalty box most of the times.

carlito'sway

Established Member
We have 97 through balls this season, highest of any team. City are second with 74. We are third in hitting the woodwork with 13 times. City are first with 16. We are third with goals inside the box with 48 times, City and Tottenham are above us. We have 287 key passes and City has 297.

But I mean... Lacazette team mates just need to try harder. Even if he refuse to attack the ball in the penalty box most of the times.

Exactly......But you can bet we will read again and again that the team does not create chances or similar nonsenses.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Our attack relies too much on moments of individual quality IMO. Personally I think it all stems from central midfield. Wenger hasn't been able to construct a top quality midfield since 07/08 and this is why we keep failing.

OSBK

Established Member

Thats down to sanchez.

Remember pre sanchez we were not tearing up the league with giroud. The best we have been in recent seasons is without giroud and sanchez up front.

I think a good thing to think about is that in the french national team giroud looks good because he has good players around him, same with laca he has been excellent for the national team. Its very easy to point at a striker and say you aint doing your part but logic would say its the calibre of players around those 2 players that determines how well they play. Giroud will do well at chelsea as he has much better players around him, if you put laca into chelsea he would bang goals in for fun.

But saying all that we just went out and got one of the top 5 strikers in europe in PEA and we have the same dribble feeding him.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Remember pre sanchez we were not tearing up the league with giroud. The best we have been in recent seasons is without giroud and sanchez up front.
I remember when Wenger first tried him as a striker and for 2-3 games it didn't quite click, but after that, oh brother, did it work! He was so dangerous and scoring quite a bit, but the old man decided to revert him back on the wing and that's all she wrote.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
By the way, don't lose your cool, not pretty and try to stay classy dude.
I've never lost my cool, but like you said:
You may not like what I posted but i am not here to soothe your feelings.
This is your whole M.O. Can't refute what someone says, so call them names like "cheerleader" and then play the victim when they respond similarly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom