• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus
MotM performance, easily his best since he's joined the club. Unlucky to not get another goal, but that was some impressive hang-time for his goal.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
My favorite thing from him today was watching him run back to midfield to put in a tackle in extra time to try to get us another chance to attack. That speaks volumes about the commitment and desire of a player. I know he can score goals. What I saw from him today is somebody that will fight until the end and that is something that is missing from some of our players. That is the sort of thing that wins you silverware.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yep 25 goals incoming next season this guy look beast after the injury 7 goals in 7 games now?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
King Laca

Been great since he’s come back

Should’ve had a hat-trick though

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

His work off the ball has gone up a few levels , unbelievably good header for a little bloke . Thought he probably should have scored another and maybe some of his passing was lacking composure , especially a simple one to put Ramsey through . A very good performance though .

Last edited:

HBL

Established Member
Think with the emergence of Nketiah and the signing of Aubameyang, it makes sense for us to go 2 up front next season. A front two of Aubameyang and Lacazette is scoring goals, simple as that.
Only problem then is where does Özil play?

But I agree that if Lacazette played like he did yesterday then both him and Aubameyang have to start.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Only problem then is where does Özil play?

But I agree that if Lacazette played like he did yesterday then both him and Aubameyang have to start.

On the wing? Just behind them? Auba slighty to the left? Plenty of options. Just pack the midfield behind them.

We've 2 incredible strikers who've scored over 100 goals in just a couple of seasons, I do not accept a manager who cannot make this work.
After 5 years with Giroud, this is a dream come true.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

On the wing? Just behind them? Auba slighty to the left? Plenty of options. Just pack the midfield behind them.

We've 2 incredible strikers who've scored over 100 goals in just a couple of seasons, I do not accept a manager who cannot make this work.
Yes we just need a solid back 5 to go with it

HBL

Established Member

I agree, I’d back them to score 50+ goals between them next season. I’m just not sure which formation would get the best out of our front 6. I think the front 6 we have at the minute has massive potential. I think I’d go with either a 442 diamond or a 4321.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
All teams with good defensive records defend as a team and not as individuals. Look at City playing Silva, de buryne, sterling, sane, augero. All of them by nature attacking. But defensively they all known their strategy and job.

We can definitely accomdate auba, laca, Özil, mikhi... Its how they all put in the graft off the ball which will be key, aside from Özil I've seen all those players graft hard without the ball.

HBL

Established Member
All teams with good defensive records defend as a team and not as individuals. Look at City playing Silva, de buryne, sterling, sane, augero. All of them by nature attacking. But defensively they all known their strategy and job.

We can definitely accomdate auba, laca, Özil, mikhi... Its how they all put in the graft off the ball which will be key, aside from Özil I've seen all those players graft hard without the ball.
Agreed, no reason why the new manager can’t get Özil, Mkhi and Ramsey working more efficiently. Pep said himself the key to City’ success this season has been getting Silva and De Bruyne to work as hard defensively as they do going forward.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Great game last night! Laca is an intelligent player, I like how he was talking to Welbeck before corners etc, this is why its so important to play Laca & Auba together. Both seem happy to go wide or in the middle, if the communication is good, which it seems to be, then we have a very fluid dynamic attack, with Özil behind it has huge potential. The next manager has to get the best out of this attack and obviously fix our defence.

IslingtonBornandbred

Looks a lot fitter, sharper and stronger than the games leading up to his surgery. After a good start, I was worried we signed a sulking fat little plodder who could barely move, but it turns out he was obviously carrying an injury in the games like Bournemouth away where he could barely move.

Great signs in recent weeks!

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

His partnership with Auba is going to be great next season, can't wait.

A flat 4-4-2 would do nicely, the days of Özil at 10 are over, no place for that anymore in modern football. We'll score plenty, just need to shore up the midfield and don't get caught on the break so often.

Aubameyang Lacazette
Özil Defensive Mid Xhaka Ramsey​

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Big critic of Lacazette, but I take it all back now. The dude was a pest for the Atheltico Madrid defense. He was so passionate too.

Keep going Lacazette...need that energy from you ever match. That performance yesterday changed my opinion of Lacazette. Looks like he is going to be a pain in the arse for defenders. Can't wait to see how he does next season. I hope he doesn't go to the World Cup as a squad player if selected. Rather him and PEA get the Summer off and ready for preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom