• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

I like Lacazette. Has a terrific set of feet (second only to Özil) and if we manage to get the majority of our attackers in form and if he gets the right service he will be absolutely banging them in this season.

Don't understand why he gets so much stick in all honesty. Played with an injury for the majority of last season.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I like Lacazette. Has a terrific set of feet (second only to Özil) and if we manage to get the majority of our attackers in form and if he gets the right service he will be absolutely banging them in this season.

Don't understand why he gets so much stick in all honesty. Played with an injury for the majority of last season.

New league, injury, the team out of form, the looming questions about Wenger...for any other player in any other team that would be more than enough excuses to say he'd surely kick on next season. But for one of our own it's deemed not sufficient and he should f*ck off to Azerbaijan.

He's been one of L1 best strikers in recent seaons, 39 games with an average of 71 minutes played per game with 17 goals and 5 assists is not to bad for having played the first half of the season with a knee injury and lay off after the surgery and he's shown great understanding with Auba. Don't know why people go off on him. Everything points to a great 18/19 for him.

Jae

New league, injury, the team out of form, the looming questions about Wenger...for any other player in any other team that would be more than enough excuses to say he'd surely kick on next season. But for one of our own it's deemed not sufficient and he should f*ck off to Azerbaijan.

He's been one of L1 best strikers in recent seaons, 39 games with an average of 71 minutes played per game with 17 goals and 5 assists is not to bad for having played the first half of the season with a knee injury and lay off after the surgery and he's shown great understanding with Auba. Don't know why people go off on him. Everything points to a great 18/19 for him.

Agreed mate. The logic on this board is backwards at times.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Agreed mate. The logic on this board is backwards at times.

At times? Wenger leaving has drowned it. Any summer has seen a rise in deluded new posters, but since Wenger is gone this whole thing has become madness. Almost any bump is fanboys or haters crying. Talking about Arsenal and football is so hard when every second post is subjective nonsense about singled out players these people are either fans or detractors of.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

What does that even mean?
His feet move so quick that he is as fast as Auba?
Or his feet can do magic, dribbling like ronaldinho?
If you mean finishing, then i will agree with you.

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!

Just a terrific set of feet is not good enough.

A good attacker knows how to use his arm to wrestle his way thro the defence. Just lift both arms to shoulder height and prevent players coming near you while dribbling/shuffling for ball will get you further. Lots of players do this. Eg Mo Salah, Lukaku, Rooney, Messi...

Laca is already quite short so he needs to be more aggressive in his plays. Otherwise, he will become another Theo who does not wrestle with others. Strikers seldom get red card anyway so there is little to lose by being rough.

And still managed 14 goals in 26 apps in the PL as a starter in his first season while carrying an injury! That's like approximately a goal every two games which I'd say is quite remarkable! Only a few players have managed that feat in their first season I think!

Jae

What does that even mean?
His feet move so quick that he is as fast as Auba?
Or his feet can do magic, dribbling like ronaldinho?
If you mean finishing, then i will agree with you.

Touch, close control, link up play, vision and finishing are all top class for me. Unfortunately he lacks a yard of pace and is a little on the short side.

Just a terrific set of feet is not good enough.

A good attacker knows how to use his arm to wrestle his way thro the defence. Just lift both arms to shoulder height and prevent players coming near you while dribbling/shuffling for ball will get you further. Lots of players do this. Eg Mo Salah, Lukaku, Rooney, Messi...

Laca is already quite short so he needs to be more aggressive in his plays. Otherwise, he will become another Theo who does not wrestle with others. Strikers seldom get red card anyway so there is little to lose by being rough.

See above. Also, I've seen him bully quite a few defenders whilst playing in L1. Not seen him do it as much for us, not sure why but I'd sumize that it's because he was playing with an injury.

Touch, close control, link up play, vision and finishing are all top class for me. Unfortunately he lacks a yard of pace and is a little on the short side.

See above. Also, I've seen him bully quite a few defenders whilst playing in L1. Not seen him do it as much for us, not sure why but I'd sumize that it's because he was playing with an injury.
IMO the level in L1 is not at par with the PL and that I think is the reason why decent strikers tear it up in other leagues and really struggle to replicate their form in the PL. To put it in perspective, Laca nearly scored 40 in a season for Lyon, something that even the elite players could not accomplish in the PL!
He's also said in a recent interview that the main difference in L1 and PL is power of defenders, which basically means a striker is more under pressure in the PL! He should however adapt in the second term and so I expect more goals from him, around 25 in the PL I think if he'll be injury free.

Reactions: Jae

Jae

IMO the level in L1 is not at par with the PL and that I think is the reason why decent strikers tear it up in other leagues and really struggle to replicate their form in the PL. To put it in perspective, Laca nearly scored 40 in a season for Lyon, something that even the elite players could not accomplish in the PL!
He's also said in a recent interview that the main difference in L1 and PL is power of defenders, which basically means a striker is more under pressure in the PL! He should however adapt in the second term and so I expect more goals from him, around 25 in the PL I think if he'll be injury free.

Nah I agree mate, was just trying to show that he can and has done it in the past. I'd be happy with 20+ in the PL to be honest. A goal every other game is nothing to be sniffed at.

TheArsenalis

We were a better team with Alexis just like Barce a better team with Neymar. They are elite talented winners.

The 'happy' squad thing is a load of **** losing teams just bring up. Give me a squad with cliques, jealousy & inner competition any day.

The best dont get on as need that killer mentality to get to the top & stay there.
There will alway be cliques
At times? Wenger leaving has drowned it. Any summer has seen a rise in deluded new posters, but since Wenger is gone this whole thing has become madness. Almost any bump is fanboys or haters crying. Talking about Arsenal and football is so hard when every second post is subjective nonsense about singled out players these people are either fans or detractors of.
It almost hurt, to see your fellow fans not supporting their own players. All this sell him, he is not good enough. He is over rated needs to get binned. These are our players man. Get behind them or stfu

TheArsenalis

Funny how its tge foreigners from abroad tgat makes this league though. How man English players are ripping it up here in england?

Funny how its tge foreigners from abroad tgat makes this league though. How man English players are ripping it up here in england?
Well, that's a good question. I think England and the greater Britain as a whole hasn't been producing enough world class quality in recent times like it used to in the past. Could it be that other countries have caught up with early age football development? Something that was a preserve of a few European countries in the past, is it the concentration in certain aspects of the game such as passing and neglect of others such as focusing on scoring, beating your man, or even defending for instance? Maybe a Brit would be better placed to answer that

Jae

We actually only have 10% more foreign players than all of the other top leagues (60% to 50%) although these figures are from last year so admittedly are outdated....

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/engl...st-reliant-on-foreign-players-in-europe-study

For me it's a combination of things:

1. We've been overtaken in terms of our grass roots coaching and scouting systems.
  2. The other top leagues have competitive B Leagues where their reserves play at a higher standard.
  3. Football especially in the PL has changed drastically over the past 10 years. Where as managers used to get 2 years to get results, it can now be less than 2 months. Managers need instant results and instant success and youth isn't always the answer in that respect.
  4. British talent is overpriced.
In all honesty it seems mentality and attitude are the main reasons why most youth players don't make it these days. Think that's indicative of how our society has become though.

Jae

Agree with all of the post except this, this surely has nothing to do with how good english players are.

I think it's relevant buddy. Some clubs won't and can't afford to take a gamble on an overpriced British talent when you can find a foreign one for peanuts (or an already established player for that matter).

Guendozi is a perfect example of this. I reckon a British player with his skill set goes for at least double his 8m fee in the current market. It doesn't have any actual effect on the talent level per se, it just means that there are naturally less opportunities for British players at the top level.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I think it's relevant buddy. Some clubs won't and can't afford to take a gamble on an overpriced British talent when you can find a foreign one for peanuts (or an already established player for that matter).

Guendozi is a perfect example of this. I reckon a British player with his skill set goes for at least double his 8m fee in the current market. It doesn't have any actual effect on the talent level per se, it just means that there are naturally less opportunities for British players at the top level.
Its not like talent becomes **** when a big team doesnt buy them lol. Should mean most brittish players stay here as well.

Reactions: Jae

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Its not like talent becomes **** when a big team doesnt buy them lol. Should mean most brittish players stay here as well.

But a bigger team gives them the chance to get even better, by playing bigger games (CL), by training with top class player every day, by getting better under pressure.

We actually only have 10% more foreign players than all of the other top leagues (60% to 50%) although these figures are from last year so admittedly are outdated....

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/engl...st-reliant-on-foreign-players-in-europe-study

For me it's a combination of things:

1. We've been overtaken in terms of our grass roots coaching and scouting systems.
  2. The other top leagues have competitive B Leagues where their reserves play at a higher standard.
  3. Football especially in the PL has changed drastically over the past 10 years. Where as managers used to get 2 years to get results, it can now be less than 2 months. Managers need instant results and instant success and youth isn't always the answer in that respect.
  4. British talent is overpriced.
In all honesty it seems mentality and attitude are the main reasons why most youth players don't make it these days. Think that's indicative of how our society has become though.

I think there's also a money issue. There's too much money in the PL if you compare with the other championships.

For instance, in la Ligue 1, smaller clubs have to develop young talents to sell them at the highest fee possible (they sell most of them to premiership clubs btw) in order to survive financially.
Any british club in the PL can afford a 10/15/20M player. Which isn't the case in italy, France, Germany, England.

So youngsters get more playing time and that's why we develop so much young players in France.

The fact that 99% of the british players don't play outside England is a problem too imo.

Jae

But a bigger team gives them the chance to get even better, by playing bigger games (CL), by training with top class player every day, by getting better under pressure.

I think there's also a money issue. There's too much money in the PL if you compare with the other championships.

For instance, in la Ligue 1, smaller clubs have to develop young talents to sell them at the highest fee possible (they sell most of them to premiership clubs btw) in order to survive financially.
Any british club in the PL can afford a 10/15/20M player. Which isn't the case in italy, France, Germany, England.

So youngsters get more playing time and that's why we develop so much young players in France.

The fact that 99% of the british players don't play outside England is a problem too imo.

100% agree mate with all of that mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom