• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I walked past him in NY in Oct 2016. Didn't realise it was him until it was too late and he'd crossed the road. This fat dude just laughed as I cried to my misso telling her it was Ronnie and missed out on a photo opportunity... Sad times.

I once sat fairly close to Kluivert in Costa at Heathrow without realising it until it was too late. He was one of my idols growing up and from that day on, I've decided that I'd rather approach a look alike than miss the real one.

PS. I have seen few Sp**s players and ignored them including Musa Dembele & Eriksen...F*ck them.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Ok.

Hleb overrated for me, good but not great. Proof being his ill-advised move to Barcelona and its total failure - in his own words.

The problem with most football fans is that they are irrational. They don’t judge with their brain, and instead, they let their emotions interfere their decision.
Sanchez was a great player at arsenal, and when he left, people don’t rate him anymore.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
The problem with most football fans is that they are irrational. They don’t judge with their brain, and instead, they let their emotions interfere their decision.
Sanchez was a great player at arsenal, and when he left, people don’t rate him anymore.
To be fair he had a very poor season last year, perhaps the worst of his career.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Sanchez was good but not great either too....... he was a key player for us and did his job but there were good reasons why Barca was willing to let him leave for the cheap. He absolutely committed daylight robbery on Utd by getting them to pay 500k per week on him.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hleb, Nasri, Alexis...call out everyone who ever played for Arsenal, and doesn't play in Lacazette's position.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He was a prolific goal scorer but he was NEVER a great player. If his goals didn't so brilliantly mask how destructive he was to our play he'd be in Turkey right now. Magical little player who is selfish and arrogant in possession. One of the least wenger-like players in the Wenger era who cost us possession in countless games and offered very little defensively a part from that bizarre one man press we saw him trying to intiate even when we were on the back foot.. His dip in form was more to do with our system being tweaked correctly than it did his contract situation.
I loved Sanchez but that is how it is.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Sanchez was good but not great either too....... he was a key player for us and did his job but there were good reasons why Barca was willing to let him leave for the cheap. He absolutely committed daylight robbery on Utd by getting them to pay 500k per week on him.
Yeah because Neymar is a monster. He performed at Barca as well contrary to popular belief. He just wasn't good enough to play ahead of Neymar and he was too good to sit and steal a wage on the bench. I think he's a little wankstain for the way he left but I do feel people are being a tad bitter and revisionist about the kind of player he was.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Yeah because Neymar is a monster. He performed at Barca as well contrary to popular belief. He just wasn't good enough to play ahead of Neymar and he was too good to sit and steal a wage on the bench. I think he's a little wankstain for the way he left but I do feel people are being a tad bitter and revisionist about the kind of player he was.
Plenty of us haven't really changed our viewpoints. They just stand out now that he is gone.

TheArsenalis

Some great player actually destroy team cohesiveness. The team never adopted ti him. As good as he was. And while the fans loved his determination and would like the rest of the team to follow suit. It just wasnt arsenal at the time.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
We were a better team with Alexis just like Barce a better team with Neymar. They are elite talented winners.

The 'happy' squad thing is a load of **** losing teams just bring up. Give me a squad with cliques, jealousy & inner competition any day.

The best dont get on as need that killer mentality to get to the top & stay there.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I didn’t ment to talk about Sanchez.
I just want to make an example to show that, in general, people tends to change their perspectives on a player’s ability irrationally, especially when the player has left the club in a way that they don’t like to.

Zaza

Sanchez was world class for us. Hleb fitted more into Wenger's style though. I honestly think Wenger bought Alexis to be our Suarez. Saw him more as a CF than a LW. Same with Podolski which also didn't work out. It's sad because I think Alexis would've been a great CF if he put his mind to it.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
We were a better team with Alexis just like Barce a better team with Neymar. They are elite talented winners.

The 'happy' squad thing is a load of **** losing teams just bring up. Give me a squad with cliques, jealousy & inner competition any day.

The best dont get on as need that killer mentality to get to the top & stay there.

You really don't want cliques and jealousy in your squad.

Players don't need to be friends, no colleagues in any field need to, but through various mechanism they all should be happy/satisfied to work within that group - and cliques and jealousy kill positive group dynamics. A splintered and divided group will never achieve anything. Look at Alexis that little cvnt: The moment he became unhappy to be a part of the team 'cause he thought he was too good he became a disruptive influence on and off the pitch - and you could tell from the outside. His antics were sheer egoism and childishness - not competetiveness or winning mentality.

You can have a lot of big egos but who are aware that success is found through the group in football and are brought to work together by their individual will to succeed, without them having to really "get on" on a personal/private level. Or you have a group which has great personal relationships and forge a collective will and positive dynamics through that. But in no successfull team will you find cliques, jealousy or malevolence.

I think the statements of one of the Invincibles - can't remember who it was - who said no one was friends and they were all just winners is a bit overhyped. It sometimes sounds as if these guys hated each other and mistrusted each other etc etc. I guarantee you even if they weren't friends and were highly competitive, they all had fun during training working with so many other determined, professional and talented players and worked great as a collective unit.

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Plenty of us haven't really changed our viewpoints. They just stand out now that he is gone.
There were enough people criticial of him while he was here. My thoughts are he was brilliant for us a top tier talent. About midway through his third season fatigue , his overall mood, the contract situation and the perceived relationship with his team mates went against him and impacted his form and display. We will never know if it was all connected but he wasn't the same Alexis then as he was when he first arrived.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I have said it plenty of times and I'll say it again, One of the biggest regrets I have is that we never got the opportunity to have Cesc, RVP and Nasri play together in one full season.

Whenever we had them together it was absolutely beautiful to watch, Wengerball at it's supreme best.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Sanchez was world class for us. Hleb fitted more into Wenger's style though. I honestly think Wenger bought Alexis to be our Suarez. Saw him more as a CF than a LW. Same with Podolski which also didn't work out. It's sad because I think Alexis would've been a great CF if he put his mind to it.
Hleb made me so sad when he left. He was magnificent here. HIs only problem was that he was allergic to shooting. He was absolutely brilliant for Wengerball though. He's maybe the only guy we've had in recent memory who was better at retaining the ball than Santi. He was one of the greatest dribblers I have ever seen in my life and he had a hell of a pass on him as well. Poor dumb sod ruined his legacy and career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom