• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Sanchez or Mkhi are not bad, but I wouldn’t compare their technical ability to the above three.
I meant further back. Of the guys you are naming, Hleb was a decent dribbler and could pass the ball but wasn't much of a crosser and had no finish. If he had been one of the most technically gifted players in our history we wouldn't have had much of a history.

To put the 5 guys you've mentioned above Bergkamp, for example, is simply not serious.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I meant further back. Of the guys you are naming, Hleb was a decent dribbler and could pass the ball but wasn't much of a crosser and had no finish. If he had been one of the most technically gifted players in our history we wouldn't have had much of a history.

To put the 5 guys you've mentioned above Bergkamp, for example, is simply not serious.
Rvp was mentioned, so I gave example of players from the Rvp era.

And Hleb was so good on the ball, no defender can even touch him. I agree Bergkamp is a better player in many aspect. But if you talk about technically gifted/skills, then Hleb is the one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

And Hleb was so good on the ball, no defender can even touch him. I agree Bergkamp is a better player in many aspect. But if you talk about technically gifted/skills, then Hleb is the one.
Ok.

Hleb overrated for me, good but not great. Proof being his ill-advised move to Barcelona and its total failure - in his own words.

IslingtonBornandbred

Not sure exactly what you are getting at, but Bergkamp was more technically gifted than Hleb. Hleb had good close control and the ability to dribble in tight areas but I don't think it's even debatable that Hleb was more technically gifted than Bergkamp. In fact, I think if you ask players that played alongside both, they'd probably laugh if you tried to compare them.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Not sure exactly what you are getting at, but Bergkamp was more technically gifted than Hleb. Hleb had good close control and the ability to dribble in tight areas but I don't think it's even debatable that Hleb was more technically gifted than Bergkamp. In fact, I think if you ask players that played alongside both, they'd probably laugh if you tried to compare them.
As I’ve said, Bergkamp was clearly a much better player, better in many attributes. But hleb’s skills and dribbling are better.

Song Billong

Hleb was an all time level dribbler

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Yes and not much more than that.
The through passes, one touch pass, and one twos were great. And he had amazing skills, good acceleration and pace.
It’s not that his crossing was bad, he just didn’t like to cross the ball like a traditional British winger would do. He played those short through passes into the box instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Never?
Hleb, Rvp and Nasri were the most technically gifted player we had.

firstly, that is not dribbling. this is dribbling:

200.gif

secondly, I only compared his finishing to RvP.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The through passes, one touch pass, and one twos were great. And he had amazing skills, good acceleration and pace.
It’s not that his crossing was bad, he just didn’t like to cross the ball like a traditional British winger would do. He played those short through passes into the box instead.

Who the fvck is going round mentioning Hleb in every thread? The guy was fairly good, no more no less. We’ve had countless better players in the time I’ve been supporting Arsenal. Being a great dribbler in isolation counts for nothing in my opinion.

Let me tell you about Mr. Hleb. When his transfer to Barca was confirmed he deliberately got himself sent off for Arsenal with about 3 games to go of the season. Wasn’t even clever about hiding it. Not the best behaviour in my opinion.....so let’s all stop talking about him :)

Song Billong

firstly, that is not dribbling. this is dribbling:

200.gif

secondly, I only compared his finishing to RvP.

I walked past him in NY in Oct 2016. Didn't realise it was him until it was too late and he'd crossed the road. This fat dude just laughed as I cried to my misso telling her it was Ronnie and missed out on a photo opportunity... Sad times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakub Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom