• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Again, we don't literally have exactly 40M to spend on the dot. Forget that.

It won't be easy shifting those players but it's not impossible they need to be first on our priority list rather than sell a player who's our player of the season.

Selling Lacazette means we have 1 proper first team striker, we'd need to then replace him anyway, and get a winger, I don't see the point in that.

We wouldn't be spending a lot more than 40M, you are delusional if you expect us to be spending 100M in the summer. Sell Lacazette, play Nketiah as second choice striker. That's what I would do.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We wouldn't be spending a lot more than 40M, you are delusional if you expect us to be spending 100M in the summer. Sell Lacazette, play Nketiah as second choice striker. That's what I would do.
Its fairly obvious at this stage we need to consider selling one of him or Aubameyang.

Only way we will get enough money to rebuild the squad.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Never said we'd spend 100M, we don't need to. Yeah and if Auba gets injured then what? Nketiah isn't ready.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
didn't we read that same last season and we end up spending 70M? this season only difference is we need to get rid of many players before buying.

OSBK

Established Member
Selling Lacazette allows us to raise funds to strengthen other areas, be it defense midfield or attack. If we don't make bode decisions how are we going to rebuild our squad with only 40 million to spend?

You said buy a winger who scores 15-20 goals, so we are talking salah sterling or sane level. Selling laca we will maybe £60mill and that money doesnt buy that level if player. So looking at that now we can only strenthen defense or midfield by selling laca, so where are the 13 goals coming from in the team now once we sell laca?

I do see your point but if it aint broke dont fix it

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Remember when I was bullied, threatened and beaten in this thread when I suggested we needed to sell one of our strikers to fund our move for a winger? Remember when I said sell Laca and buy Zaha, a year ago?

What is dead may never die.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
What's the point in selling our best player for 70m just to buy 2 average players at 35m each.

The problem we have is we have too many average players. Its time to get rid of those and keep our better ones.

When Liverpool sold Countinho they didn't go and buy 4 30m players. They bought one of the best centre backs in the league and Brazil's number one keeper.

Any sale we make should be because we are going to make a better signing. Not a worse one.

Also we are talking about 70m which in today's market doesn't buy anything. Its like saying ok we will sell Laca and sign James Maddison. If we are selling are best players it needs to be for 100m and if the don't pay forget it.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
What's the point in selling our best player for 70m just to buy 2 average players at 35m each.

The problem we have is we have too many average players. Its time to get rid of those and keep our better ones.

When Liverpool sold Countinho they didn't go and buy 4 30m players. They bought one of the best centre backs in the league and Brazil's number one keeper.

Any sale we make should be because we are going to make a better signing. Not a worse one.

Also we are talking about 70m which in today's market doesn't buy anything. Its like saying ok we will sell Laca and sign James Maddison. If we are selling are best players it needs to be for 100m and if the don't pay forget it.

Lacazette is one of those average players though.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Lacazette is one of those average players though.

No mate your wrong. Lacazette isn't an average player. And if he was why would we even be taking about Barcelona buying him.

He's not world class but he is a good enough player to have in a team that can challenge. In the same way Firmino is. He isn't world class and never will be but he's an important player.

And if, just if Lacazette is average that would put the rest of our players as complete and utter garbage which a lot of them our but not all of them

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
No mate your wrong. Lacazette isn't an average player. And if he was why would we even be taking about Barcelona buying him.

He's not world class but he is a good enough player to have in a team that can challenge. In the same way Firmino is. He isn't world class and never will be but he's an important player.

And if, just if Lacazette is average that would put the rest of our players as complete and utter garbage which a lot of them our but not all of them

1. Barcelona bought Alex Song, they long Arsenal players.

2. The team is utter garbage where you been the last 2 seasons.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
1. Barcelona bought Alex Song, they long Arsenal players.

2. The team is utter garbage where you been the last 2 seasons.

There's a difference buying Alex Song for about 15m and Lacazette for 70m.

As for your garbage the last 2 seasons. We've been crap for about 10 years. A few fa cups and top 4 when it was a 4 team race more or less.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It’s not about if he’s good enough or not. You can’t have two £50m+ strikers when you have **** all elsewhere and no funds to improve those other areas.

Lacazette will have to be our Bale/Coutinho. We obviously won’t get a fee close to what they went for but I reckon we could get £60m maybe.

The only other team out of the top six that have two big money strikers are City, we need to get a ****ing grip here.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It’s not about if he’s good enough or not. You can’t have two £50m+ strikers when you have **** all elsewhere and no funds to improve those other areas.

Lacazette will have to be our Bale/Coutinho. We obviously won’t get a fee close to what they went for but I reckon we could get £60m maybe.

The only other team out of the top six that have two top strikers are City, we need to get a ****ing grip here.

So we sell Lacazette for 65m. We spend that on a back up striker who will cost 25m. We spend the other on a winger for example. In the end we have sold one player and bought 1 first team player.

When Bale and Countinho left those clubs where able to buy 2-3 top first team players. So in theory selling one world class player for 2 or 3 very good players made sense. But not if your only getting 65m in today's market. We have already said in other threads that someone like Nicolas Pepe would cost that alone.

There's plenty of other players that could be shifted to sign players. While they may not generate that money it would be enough to reinvest.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So we sell Lacazette for 65m. We spend that on a back up striker who will cost 25m. We spend the other on a winger for example. In the end we have sold one player and bought 1 first team player.

When Bale and Countinho left those clubs where able to buy 2-3 top first team players. So in theory selling one world class player for 2 or 3 very good players made sense. But not if your only getting 65m in today's market. We have already said in other threads that someone like Nicolas Pepe would cost that alone.

There's plenty of other players that could be shifted to sign players. While they may not generate that money it would be enough to reinvest.

Or you buy a winger who can also double up as a striker. Say hypothetically we bought Zaha or Pepe. If Auba got injured either one could play centre forward.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Or you buy a winger who can also double up as a striker. Say hypothetically we bought Zaha or Pepe. If Auba got injured either one could play centre forward.
Exactly, Sp**s play Son if Kane is out, their backup ST after that is ****ing Llorente. Liverpool have a finished Sturridge, United a kid in Rashford. Chelsea have a kebab muncher in on loan.

Arsenal fans wanting both Aubameyang and Lacazette to stay think we’re City.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

The only other team out of the top six that have two big money strikers are City, we need to get a ****ing grip here.
What we get from Laca is not even close to Bale/Coutinho. As usual, if we are going to sell him, all the clubs will try to fleece us.
Auba turns 30 this month. Very soon, we will be looking for another striker. Good strikers have been hard to get in recent years. Do you think we will be able to buy a good striker with those exorbitant prices?

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
the problem is at the back...not upfront. We need to get world class CB, LB, DM.

These cutprice options like sokratis, lichsteiner, kolasinac, torreira, guendouzi etc are no use if you want to build a team to challenge.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
What we get from Laca is not even close to Bale/Coutinho. As usual, if we are going to sell him, all the clubs will try to fleece us.
Auba turns 30 this month. Very soon, we will be looking for another striker. Good strikers have been hard to get in recent years. Do you think we will be able to buy a good striker with those exorbitant prices?

Doesn't matter that he's not Bale money, we will sign at least one good winger with the money.

That's enough to be able to do something different tactically at the very least.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Doesn't matter that he's not Bale money, we will sign at least one good winger with the money.

That's enough to be able to do something different tactically at the very least.
Ok. But what do we do when you need to replace Auba? The problem is that quality strikers are the hardest to find than any other position. We of all people should know that. When you get a good one, you don't throw him away for 50m. If you take this route, we will fix one headache and end with another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom