• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Is there actually any evidence that Lacazette is an upgrade from Giroud?

What is "enough there" to tell you that he will score more? Lacazette is just like Giroud, he goes on hot streaks then dry runs. Where was Lacazette during our Crystal Palace and beyond meltdown?
I posted this in this thread. When adding assists and goals count, Laca's numbers in his second seasons were one up than Giroud's second season while Laca played 700 minutes lesser than Giroud. That too when sharing the spoils with Auba. That too in a year where our number of chances created has come down drastically. So stop this Giroud comparisons please.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Hmm...Imagine selling Lacazette to Barca to get the funds to land Pepe...Auba upfront with Pepe and Iwobi/another on the wings?

OSBK

Established Member
Is there actually any evidence that Lacazette is an upgrade from Giroud?

What is "enough there" to tell you that he will score more? Lacazette is just like Giroud, he goes on hot streaks then dry runs. Where was Lacazette during our Crystal Palace and beyond meltdown?

Did we lose against palace? Oh yeah thats right our midfield and defence went missing. I assume your on the lets outscore everyone team and blame the forwards whenever we lose a game. IBut as you asked about why i think laca will score more i will answer. His overall play has improved as the season has gone on, he is showing much more tech ability than last season. His goal scoring tally is better than firminho and he has outscored so called top strikers like lukaku/rashford/higuain/giroud/son this season. He only finished 3 goals behind so called world class harry kane and 2 behind golden boy hazard who is apparantly on messi level. He is missing chances and whilst that is frustrating its a good thing he is in the positions and trying to score. Alan shearer many a time has commented on strikers and said that the time to worry is when they are not getting in positions to score.

So i will throw this back to you now. 35 premier league goals auba and laca scored this season and we conceeded 51 premier league goals. Now harry kane and son scored 29 goals premier league goals but Sp**s conceeded just 39 goals and finished 1 point ahead of us. Please explain now how laca is a problem in this team and how based on the information there how many goals do you expect him to score to overturn our conceeded goals.

Debre-Zeyit

Sell for around 70-85mil and get Pepe, having 2 strikers on the pitch isn't helping if they can't perform regularly in big matches.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Physically not the best is he? He's a similar size to Aguero, but Aguero's strength on the ball is insane. Laca's a good player and would excel in a system built around him, but the most feared attacking players now are actually wide forwards with insane speed/skill/technique - Son, Sterling, Mane, Lucas, Salah, Ronaldo.

Our lack of investment in this area over the last 10/15 years - relying on the likes of Theo or using it as a parking station for creative CMs like Cazorla/Rosicky/Wilshere/Ox etc has really held us back.

If we improve in this area, Laca will get more space and opportunities to
do his thing.

? We had the best striker/winger in the league for 3 years .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

This really stood out when someone like Christensen was bullying him all game.

Rest of the post spot on too, unfortunately I don’t see us getting someone like that this summer either.

Think it was at Everton that just about everyone clued on if you go tight to Laca when he especially up the field he's out of the game and you basically laucnch counters because of where he loses the ball .He's good technically but not good enough technically to make up for the rest .

scytheavatar

Established Member
So i will throw this back to you now. 35 premier league goals auba and laca scored this season and we conceeded 51 premier league goals. Now harry kane and son scored 29 goals premier league goals but Sp**s conceeded just 39 goals and finished 1 point ahead of us. Please explain now how laca is a problem in this team and how based on the information there how many goals do you expect him to score to overturn our conceeded goals.

I do not think Lacazette is the problem, I just don't think he is good enough to be considered an irreplaceable assert that can't be sold. A strong case can be made that 2 so called world class strikers barely outperform Kane, so why not replace one of those strikers with a winger who can score 15-20 goals a season and lead us to be far more balance team?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
If we're playing 3-5-2 just because we have two very good strikers, he's gotta go imo. I'm not sure that's what's best for us.
That's the point. If the manager feels that one of the strikers have to go because he could not come up with a strategy to accommodate the two, then I am fine with it. But some posters here pushing their hatred on Laca by calling him a bad player and comparing him with Giroud is too agenda-driven.

That's the point. If the manager feels that one of the strikers have to go because he could not come up with a strategy to accommodate the two, then I am fine with it. But some posters here pushing their hatred on Laca by calling him a bad player and comparing him with Giroud is too agenda-driven.
They are the same ones who would complain if we were offered 20 mil for him cos I believe that's Giroud level fees!

OSBK

Established Member
I do not think Lacazette is the problem, I just don't think he is good enough to be considered an irreplaceable assert that can't be sold. A strong case can be made that 2 so called world class strikers barely outperform Kane, so why not replace one of those strikers with a winger who can score 15-20 goals a season and lead us to be far more balance team?

So your saying sell laca 13 goals and replace with a winger who can score 15 goals and we will be a better team??? Even if the winger scored 20 goals then how does it make us a better team when we leak so many goals. So another one for you, replace laca in the team with your winger in the el final and do they score 5 goals to beat chelseas 4?

Laca and auba scored more than chelsea and Sp**s front 2 and we missed out on cl. Can we improve on scoring, of course we can but our failure this season every season since we last won the league is that we have a shocking defence. Replace laca with a winger who scores 20 but the facts are nothing with change until the actual problem is resolved.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I think we really should be building the team again but with Lacazette & Auba.

We can sell enough dross to make a decent amount of funds for other transfers and that's what we should be doing first and foremost, not selling our player of the year.

And, in my opinion, there's no point selling Lacazette if we can't attract the top players anyway, Zaha for example, we'd have to smash his wages up because we're not in the CL to even make him think.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
So your saying sell laca 13 goals and replace with a winger who can score 15 goals and we will be a better team??? Even if the winger scored 20 goals then how does it make us a better team when we leak so many goals. So another one for you, replace laca in the team with your winger in the el final and do they score 5 goals to beat chelseas 4?

Laca and auba scored more than chelsea and Sp**s front 2 and we missed out on cl. Can we improve on scoring, of course we can but our failure this season every season since we last won the league is that we have a shocking defence. Replace laca with a winger who scores 20 but the facts are nothing with change until the actual problem is resolved.
In fact, buying good defenders and mid-fielders will only increase our scoring. We have been piss poor in creating chances in recent years. That boils down to the inability and lack of pace of our defenders and mid-fielders. If we fix that, everything else will take care of itself.

OSBK

Established Member
In fact, buying good defenders and mid-fielders will only increase our scoring. We have been piss poor in creating chances in recent years. That boils down to the inability and lack of pace of our defenders and mid-fielders. If we fix that, everything else will take care of itself.

Exactly, we look at city in awe currently but the strength of that team is the unreal defence and midfield they have. The forwards are free to express themselves knowing they have a strong group of guys ready to defend what they have.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I genuinely like both although, I think Emery would prefer to play one striker. Both are just too good for the bench long term.

Lacazette’s moments of class along with his goal celebrations were pretty much the only thing I enjoyed this season. Seems like he’s most likely to head out of the door which makes sense but it’s a massive shame.

The comparisons to Giroud are laughable btw Lacazette is hands down the superior player. His physical attributes (lack of them) is what has held him back and although he’s technically sublime, it’s not at a level where it makes up for his short comings to the point where he’s indispensable. Wish he came years ago tbh.

scytheavatar

Established Member
So your saying sell laca 13 goals and replace with a winger who can score 15 goals and we will be a better team??? Even if the winger scored 20 goals then how does it make us a better team when we leak so many goals.

Selling Lacazette allows us to raise funds to strengthen other areas, be it defense midfield or attack. If we don't make bode decisions how are we going to rebuild our squad with only 40 million to spend?

We can sell enough dross to make a decent amount of funds for other transfers and that's what we should be doing first and foremost, not selling our player of the year.

Who can we sell to raise money? You think it will be that easy to move guys like Özil/Mkhi/Kola/Xhaka/Mustafi out of the club?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Selling Lacazette allows us to raise funds to strengthen other areas, be it defense midfield or attack. If we don't make bode decisions how are we going to rebuild our squad with only 40 million to spend?

Who can we sell to raise money? You think it will be that easy to move guys like Özil/Mkhi/Kola/Xhaka/Mustafi out of the club?

Again, we don't literally have exactly 40M to spend on the dot. Forget that.

It won't be easy shifting those players but it's not impossible they need to be first on our priority list rather than sell a player who's our player of the season.

Selling Lacazette means we have 1 proper first team striker, we'd need to then replace him anyway, and get a winger, I don't see the point in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom