• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSBK

Established Member
Where was Lacazette yesterday?

I think your question should be is where was our defence. Laca couldve scored 3 and we wouldve still lost, same for auba. Finals are won by the odd goal and we got embarassed again in europe because of the utter shambles that is our defence.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Tbh, this question should be asked about every player except Willock and Iwobi. It is a fair question, but no one should be singled out.

But no tears will be shed for guys like Xhaka if he gets sold in the summer. Lacazette is supposedly one of the star of the team and irreplaceable according to a lot of Arsenal fans.

Ashybashy86

But no tears will be shed for guys like Xhaka if he gets sold in the summer. Lacazette is supposedly one of the star of the team and irreplaceable according to a lot of Arsenal fans.
We don’t have a single player like Van Persie or Alexis who could single-handedly change a game. I personally wouldn’t feel or see the loss of any of the current players.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We don’t have a single player like Van Persie or Alexis who could single-handedly change a game. I personally wouldn’t feel or see the loss of any of the current players.

Agree and it is depressing. I thought Mkhi was going to be this player for us.

OSBK

Established Member
I find the Laca criticism strange. Nearly got a penalty, but missed a golden opportunity. Worked his arse off. Player of the season. Why sell him?

I do get where you coming from pal but i have to say that aside from him and auba there wasnt a single player who even worked their ass off.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Physically not the best is he? He's a similar size to Aguero, but Aguero's strength on the ball is insane. Laca's a good player and would excel in a system built around him, but the most feared attacking players now are actually wide forwards with insane speed/skill/technique - Son, Sterling, Mane, Lucas, Salah, Ronaldo.

Our lack of investment in this area over the last 10/15 years - relying on the likes of Theo or using it as a parking station for creative CMs like Cazorla/Rosicky/Wilshere/Ox etc has really held us back.

If we improve in this area, Laca will get more space and opportunities to do his thing.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Physically not the best is he? He's a similar size to Aguero, but Aguero's strength on the ball is insane. Laca's a good player and would excel in a system built around him, but the most feared attacking players now are actually wide forwards with insane speed/skill/technique - Son, Sterling, Mane, Lucas, Salah, Ronaldo.

Our lack of investment in this area over the last 10/15 years - relying on the likes of Theo or using it as a parking station for creative CMs like Cazorla/Rosicky/Wilshere/Ox etc has really held us back.

If we improve in this area, Laca will get more space and opportunities to do his thing.
I confuse you with the other Big Poppa. You're the quality poster.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
My biggest critique of him is probably that he often overcomplicates things. Instead of taking the shot right away or maybe having one touch, then shoot he often fickles around with the ball a lot when the goal's already right in front of him. In the EL Final there was one situation where it was almost comical.

Other than that I think he's a valuable asset and it makes sense to keep him, if only to have two quality strikers and not fall back into the times of having exactly one striker of starting quality and then no one else. And it's not like both Auba and Laca are Luis Suárez/Lewandowski quality and robust so they actually had a decent case of starting every single game.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This really stood out when someone like Christensen was bullying him all game.

Rest of the post spot on too, unfortunately I don’t see us getting someone like that this summer either.

Malcom on the right has been criminally underused by Barca. Douglas Costa is explosive but can be erratic. Unfortunately I agree with you that it's unlikely.

Mata on a free transfer will be too hard for Emery to resist :(

juice man

Can't make his mind up
As a striker you live and die by your goals. He doesn’t score enough, and the things he does well will never be enough to cover up the lack of scoring at times. He’s a good option for us to have, but feel like we massively overpaid for him. He should only be sold if we can get a materially higher fee than we paid for him, which I doubt we could.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
If there were so many chances which Laca and Auba missed, people here have been fair in criticizing both Laca and Auba. In fact, they have been harsh on both of them. In the final, they didn't even receive the ball mostly and leaked four goals. Then obviously the blame is on defense and midfield. Xhaka deserves all the slack he gets purely for his brainfart moments.

OSBK

Established Member
This really stood out when someone like Christensen was bullying him all game.

Rest of the post spot on too, unfortunately I don’t see us getting someone like that this summer either.

Christensen is a top top cb and will go on to be world class. Not many strikers in world football with get much change out of him. You had top players going against each other and christensen won the battle but thats european finals and we should expect the best against the best. Vvd bullied suarez at anfield, and bullied lewondski but they are still elite players. On the flip side giroud bullied 2 very mediocre cb's all game with ease. Giroud looked like a world beater against the clowns in our defence.

I dont see an issue with laca at all aside from his goal record this season. There is enough there to tell me that he will score more. But saying that auba and laca together have scored a obscene amount of goals this year, if we had only conceeded the 22 goals pool did this season then where would we finish.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I find the Laca criticism strange. Nearly got a penalty, but missed a golden opportunity. Worked his arse off. Player of the season. Why sell him?

Is there actually any evidence that Lacazette is an upgrade from Giroud?

I dont see an issue with laca at all aside from his goal record this season. There is enough there to tell me that he will score more.

What is "enough there" to tell you that he will score more? Lacazette is just like Giroud, he goes on hot streaks then dry runs. Where was Lacazette during our Crystal Palace and beyond meltdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom