• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would be a good peice of buisness. He just isn't suited to the PL, especially as a lone striker. He'll benefit from a slower league and a team that plays 2 central strikers.

Replacing Lacazette with Eduoard at no real extra cost would be great buisness for the club. Auba-Eduoard-Pepe would be so good up top.

benjamin86

Established Member
Would be a good peice of buisness. He just isn't suited to the PL, especially as a lone striker. He'll benefit from a slower league and a team that plays 2 central strikers.

Replacing Lacazette with Eduoard at no real extra cost would be great buisness for the club. Auba-Eduoard-Pepe would be so good up top.
At Lyon didnt they play 4-2-1-3? with Fekir as the CAM? I think Lacazette would do fine in Premiership if played on the shoulder of the defender in the width of the penalty box. I think he was initially played there before we signed Aubameyang? (although even in his first season he got shifted to RW sometimes.)

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Daily Star links are banned on here...

4auunu.jpg

Me, posting BERNARD exclusives.

DennisTheLegend

Makes me laugh how our well known members have absolutely no clue about football.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Laca 30m out, Zaha 30m in would be beautiful though.

But really does not look like as if we were still interested.
No idea where he'd go now - just please don't join the Spuds.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We should not be selling this guy - We create zero chance for him most games. His work rate is 9/10 every game. And his last 3-4 goals show his all round ability.

I’d be pissed selling a player of his calibre before he’s entered his prime.

So having 9/10 workrate makes you good enough for Arsenal, let's just sign Ashley Barnes and be done with it. At least he can go for the whole game and isn't blowing out of his a*se after 60 mins.

He doesn't get any chances because he has no pace and never makes good runs in behind. The team has to play perfect football to get him the ball in goalscoring positions because of these limitations.

Also, often when he does get the ball to fit around the box he takes an unessecary extra touch, giving the defender time to block the shot.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We should not be selling this guy - We create zero chance for him most games. His work rate is 9/10 every game. And his last 3-4 goals show his all round ability.

I’d be pissed selling a player of his calibre before he’s entered his prime.

Before he entered his prime? He's in a physical decline. One minor injury like an ankle sprain and he basically is out of form for the whole season.

You are highlighting his recent contribution. What about before covid? When teams were sharp and he looked like he was running in sand.

He doesn't bring the best out of the two wide players. We need someone more mobile, better at attacking crosses, better sat holding the ball up, better at dribbling, stronger and able to run I behind with pace.

The only thing moving out wide players infield is our full backs pushing up. We need two midfielders who can go outside our wingers and also a Cf who can drift into wide spaces and take men on.

Iceman10

Established Member
I’m only open to selling Laca based on Auba signing a new contract and a valuation upwards of 35m, closer to 40m, to help raise money for incomings. 30m seems to be an undervaluation even with COVID circumstances. I would prefer to keep Laca if that’s all we can sell him for this summer.

Fantasy football: Squeezing 35-40m from Atletico, with Partey headed the other way (45m release).

DennisTheLegend

So having 9/10 workrate makes you good enough for Arsenal, let's just sign Ashley Barnes and be done with it. At least he can go for the whole game and isn't blowing out of his a*se after 60 mins.

He doesn't get any chances because he has no pace and never makes good runs in behind. The team has to play perfect football to get him the ball in goalscoring positions because of these limitations.

Also, often when he does get the ball to fit around the box he takes an unessecary extra touch, giving the defender time to block the shot.

Trust me you have no clue - We don’t create any chances for him, he is always making runs and trying to play one twos. The lack of chances created is in the stats 19th in the Prem for chance creation. Don’t dig out a player before analysing the true problems.

Also, comparing him to Ashley Barnes is another reason why you’re clueless.

Let’s look at his last 3 goals

Wolves - Great moment, excelling first touch and good finish

Liverpool - Great anticipation and rounding the best keeper in the world

Sp**s - Ridiculous hit, if that were your Edouard you’d be creaming your pants.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’m only open to selling Laca based on Auba signing a new contract and a valuation upwards of 35m, closer to 40m, to help raise money for incomings. 30m seems to be an undervaluation even with COVID circumstances. I would prefer to keep Laca if that’s all we can sell him for this summer.

Fantasy football: Squeezing 35-40m from Atletico, with Partey headed the other way (45m release).

He has two years left. You either sell for 30 million or you extend and basically wipe out any chance of selling him after he has extended and make him our main Cf signing. We will have an aging Auba on 300k a week, and an aging Laca on over 150k a week. They will both need to be replaced at the same time and we won't have money to do it.

Better off extending Auba and signing Edouard. At least you would have spent 30 million on a 22 year old wo could potentially double or treble in value.

Reactions: JCB

DennisTheLegend

Before he entered his prime? He's in a physical decline. One minor injury like an ankle sprain and he basically is out of form for the whole season.

You are highlighting his recent contribution. What about before covid? When teams were sharp and he looked like he was running in sand.

He doesn't bring the best out of the two wide players. We need someone more mobile, better at attacking crosses, better sat holding the ball up, better at dribbling, stronger and able to run I behind with pace.

The only thing moving out wide players infield is our full backs pushing up. We need two midfielders who can go outside our wingers and also a Cf who can drift into wide spaces and take men on.

Why are we talking about before Covid - we have a new manager who is trying to implement a new style of play. What is the point of talking about the past. Why not give this guy a proper run in the team....Also, not sure why everyone is avoiding the question of of chances created - It’s facts we create nothing and then like to blame it on one player....I can guarantee with a WC amc this guy would smash it in a 4-2-3-1.

DennisTheLegend

If you think Lacazette is good enough to start for Arsenal then you're the one that really doesn't have a clue mate.

You also mention "before he enters his prime". He's 29 ffs.

So would you say Auba is in his prime ? At 31? Players careers are peaking at different ages - Most the top players gonna go to 35/36. Doesn’t mean anything that he’s 29, we certainly not seen the best of him.

Please can we address the chance creation issues because we can bring in Kun Aguero quality and they would struggle in our team. Let’s not blame one player when our midfield has been absolutely shocking for 3/4 of the season.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The fact that we'll probably have to take a massive loss on this transfer tells you all you need to know.

Laca out and someone like Edouard in would be absolutely terrific business, even if it was for a similar price you'd be getting a younger and crucially more well rounded player in Edouard.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom