• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I'd take Lacazette over Aubameyang. I like both but Auba is 2 years older. Lacazette is just entering his prime now. Also think Lacazette offers more when he's not scoring than Auba does, but neither really excel in that area.

It's really the age that's the difference for me. Auba is all about pace and he's 28, Lacazette is 26. Auba will become significantly worse as he slows down.

AVENTUS

If giroud is allowed to leave then someone 100% is coming in.

I'd think so also. But then you'd need somebody to back the new striker if Giroud goes and his clearly not happy to do that.

This is where you need a prospect a young talented striker who's happy to climb the ranks and pay his duos just like Rashford is doing at Utd.

Akpom/Asano ect

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I'd think so also. But then you'd need somebody to back the new striker if Giroud goes and his clearly not happy to do that.

This is where you need a prospect a young talented striker who's happy to climb the ranks and pay his duos just like Rashford is doing at Utd.

Akpom/Asano ect
Funny you mention Asano i think he would do better than people think, he just needs a chance plenty of games this season to prove it

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Giroud just signed a contract. He ain't leaving unless Wenger thinks so and there is stupid money on the table. Not at least this summer. We are going to need him too whoever else we sign too.

For once, I want us to keep all our productive players with a role to play to stay for next season along with top quality coming in. Just buy 3/4 top players and get rid of deadwood that have nothing to do at Arsenal.

skummm

Arsenal make 'very nice' bid for Alexandre Lacazette, Lyon president confirms....

Shots fired!

Still no top quality striker though :/

Traore is fine but he is mostly a winger these days. I think Lyon will end up with Traore-Fekir-Depay if Lacazette does leave and no striker. Fekir as false#9 is something I would like to see.

No way Lyon won't search for a good striker if/when lacaz' leave.

It won't be a top one but somepne like chicharito or carlos bacca.

Fekir is not good as a striker.

no he is not, he is the most 1 dimensional striker of the ones we are being linked.
its like people moaning Giroud and asking for Bony.
People moan about walcott and want lacazzete.
hilarious.

The funniest is you speaking about lacaz' whereas you obviously didn't watch of lot of Lyon games to call him 1 dimensional striker.
He may be not the best one, ok. But he has everything needed for a striker except the head game (1 Metre 75)

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
The funniest is you speaking about lacaz' whereas you obviously didn't watch of lot of Lyon games to call him 1 dimensional striker.
He may be not the best one, ok. But he has everything needed for a striker except the head game (1 Metre 75)
i watched plenty of him.
i dont talk about players i dont watch.
he is average.
Ligue 1 is free on my country, watch it a lot, i actually followed Bielsa tenure in OM like a freak, so yes, i know lacazette a lot.
we need a much more complete player than him, and if we are going to pay that sort of money for a player on his level i would go for PEA or Ben Yedder.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
No way Lyon won't search for a good striker if/when lacaz' leave.

It won't be a top one but somepne like chicharito or carlos bacca.

Fekir is not good as a striker.
Hmm, seems logical to go for a proper striker instead of experimenting I suppose.

Fekir did really well as a striker/shadow striker when he broke through, right? As far as I can remember. I can personally imagine him doing well as a false9ish free role with two wingers cutting inside.

Btw, I have a few questions. Why don't Lyon invest? They had a great line of young players and a new stadium but they went into the seasons under strength. Also the manager thing. You really should have hired someone like Bielsa or another top rated manager with a record for developing players when they were available. Imagine what they could make out of a bunch of quality young players and shrewd purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom