• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'd rather sign a goal scoring winger eg Mahrez/Mkhi than go for an average striker just because we can.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Need to pay at least 35m to get this guy that the only problem i got with this transfer he is good player still young but no way he is 35M striker.
Unfortunately we can't keep thinking like this anymore. £35 mil is the going rate for any half decent striker nowadays.

If we're going for anyone at Lyon it should be Fekir imo, but I'd take Lacazette as a last resort if we can't get guys like Higuain, Benzema, Morata, Sturridge etc

Charisma

People are fooling themselves once again. Lacazette is no better than Giroud, he had the same numbers that he had at Montpellier.

I second that, I would rather sign nobody than spend 35-45M on Lacazette.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
People are fooling themselves once again. Lacazette is no better than Giroud, he had the same numbers that he had at Montpellier.

I second that, I would rather sign nobody than spend 35-45M on Lacazette.

Good for you bro!

In other news, even the fans have no ambition left.

Lyrix7z-x

How is that related to ambition?
Lacazette is mediocre at best, can't get ahead someone like Martial who barely anyone knew before his move to Manure, or Gignac who plays in Mexico.

Would you sacrifice our only marquee-attacking signing for the sake of having him play on the left with Giroud up front?

Yeah thought so.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He scores 27 goals in 14/15 then everyone said it was all because of Fekir. Fekir missed pretty much all of 15/16 and after a slow start Lacazette managed to get 21 goals. There's goal scoring potential there I think.

I've barely watched him but at the bare minimum he's going to give us what we had with Theo upfront. He might struggle to adapt to the league but if we can create clear cut chances for him (like the sitters Theo has missed) then he should be putting them away.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Also why was he not picked for France, he's scored more goals than any other French player in the past three years or something?

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Also why was he not picked for France, he's scored more goals than any other French player in the past three years or something?

That's because Didier Deschamps values stability of his group & dressing room more than talent and abilities.
He has chosen Gignac ahead of Lacazette because he knew him when they worked together at Marseille and knew that Gignac would accept to be Giroud's backup.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
How is that related to ambition?
Lacazette is mediocre at best, can't get ahead someone like Martial who barely anyone knew before his move to Manure, or Gignac who plays in Mexico.

Would you sacrifice our only marquee-attacking signing for the sake of having him play on the left with Giroud up front?

Yeah thought so.

Benzema didn't go to the Euros..does that make him **** too? Stupid logic to take that into account.

We do not have a plethora of striking options in front of us to choose from and Lacazette has produced the numbers in the last few years. Do you think having Theo as the only other alternative to Giroud would win us the league?

Yeah thought so!

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

That's because Didier Deschamps values stability of his group & dressing room more than talent and abilities.
He has chosen Gignac ahead of Lacazette because he knew him when they worked together at Marseille and knew that Gignac would accept to be Giroud's backup.
Exactly, not sure why it should be so important what one guy thinks of a player.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Actually lacazette is way better in la ligue 1 than aubam nerver was.
In a team like ours I'm 100% sure he will score a lot of goals.

His biggest weakness is that when Lyon doesn't play well he is **** too. He won't make a team play better.

(I'm french & I watch lacazette almost every weekend).

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Lacazette and Vardy are very different strikers to Giroud, perhaps suggesting a slight tweak in style. Maybe because we now have height coming from our DM, Xhaka?

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

He isn't a world-beater, but the entire team would look much better with someone with pace up front. Theo was good in that role at the start of the season and he isn't even experienced in that role.

Would be like signing a better version of the Theo from back then, with a more rounded skill set and more know-how on how to play up front.

Sykes

Better finisher than what we have here. Like him, but 40m is a lot. If we can't get morata, Higuain, aubamayeng, this guy is the best bet. Don't care what anyone says about Ligue 1, it's not the Dutch league or something. We need goals and with our setup, this guy will score goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom