• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'm not turning on Sanchez but surely the questions exist with him that do with Özil. He scored last night but didn't perform. I don't blame him I blame the mentality of our directors and manager.

What motive does he really have to stay? Nothing about current Arsenal screams out winners.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He's not leaving. He's fed up and a new manager will convince him of his new plans.

Have some faith guys. Also, I expect the board not to sell him if he doesn't want to extend yet. We are not doing an RVP again.

I really hope that you're right. A top manager could keep on top of course a hefty pay rise.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
He's not leaving. He's fed up and a new manager will convince him of his new plans.

Have some faith guys. Also, I expect the board not to sell him if he doesn't want to extend yet. We are not doing an RVP again.

Not exactly a great plan. £50 million + lost. Plus another season ruined by speculation. And he'd be able to start talking to Premier League rivals in January. If he doesn't sign a contract this summer he has to go to the highest bidder from another league for whom he wants to sign.

Lilwizzle

Established Member
I'm not turning on Sanchez but surely the questions exist with him that do with Özil. He scored last night but didn't perform. I don't blame him I blame the mentality of our directors and manager.

What motive does he really have to stay? Nothing about current Arsenal screams out winners.
There's a limit to the performance you can demand from your striker when your team has 30% possession. And when you look at what he actually did; winning the freekick for Özil, playing in Ox for Xhaka's chance, playing in Özil for his chance, and putting the ball in the bottom corner when surrounded by 5 red shirts, its hard to ask for more.

It's almost impossible to see an Arsenal highlight these days without Sanchez being heavily involved. Sad.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

...and comes back with a shiny new contract from Juventus.
Aaaaand-Its-Gone.jpg

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Not exactly a great plan. £50 million + lost. Plus another season ruined by speculation. And he'd be able to start talking to Premier League rivals in January. If he doesn't sign a contract this summer he has to go to the highest bidder from another league for whom he wants to sign.

**** those millions, we have plenty. We can't keep selling our best players. Financially irresponsible, maybe. But we're a laughing stock if we sell our star player again! We are not Southampton ffs. Yes he has one year left, but if a great manager comes in and we perform next year there is no need to leave for Chelsea, City or whatever other team.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Why the christ would he stay? Our only chance of keeping this genuine world class player is if Wenger leaves and someone comes in who can sell him another dream that they're capable of delivering on.

Rocky

**** those millions, we have plenty. We can't keep selling our best players. Financially irresponsible, maybe. But we're a laughing stock if we sell our star player again! We are not Southampton ffs. Yes he has one year left, but if a great manager comes in and we perform next year there is no need to leave for Chelsea, City or whatever other team.

I'm afraid you're dreaming. It will take a lot longer to turn this around. Arsenal are not winning the league for several years, by which time Alexis and Özil are well past their peak.

Arsenal have plenty hey? How come Man City and Man Utd spend £150 million each summer transfer window then? And how much are Arsenal going to have when they miss out on the CL? They have more debt than any of their rivals bar Man Utd - who have a brand that is a licence to print money. Good job Arsenal have built up cash reserves. Mend the roof while it's sunny.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Not sure how many CL clubs would play him centrally & afford his wages. That's probably our best hope.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I'm afraid you're dreaming. It will take a lot longer to turn this around. Arsenal are not winning the league for several years, by which time Alexis and Özil are well past their peak.

Arsenal have plenty hey? How come Man City and Man Utd spend £150 million each summer transfer window then? And how much are Arsenal going to have when they miss out on the CL? They have more debt than any of their rivals bar Man Utd - who have a brand that is a licence to print money. Good job Arsenal have built up cash reserves. Mend the roof while it's sunny.

Unless you're giving me some actual numbers to work with, I won't agree with you. Selling your star player after you're supposed to be on a level with Bayern :lol:

We could anyone bar Messi and Ronaldo is what Wenger said 2 years back.

Rocky

Unless you're giving me some actual numbers to work with, I won't agree with you. Selling your star player after you're supposed to be on a level with Bayern :lol:

We could anyone bar Messi and Ronaldo is what Wenger said 2 years back.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that it was controversial to suggest that Man City and Man Utd have more money than Arsenal. I'm obviously not going to start quoting stats when we all know that it's true.

It may be possible to get to a level with Bayern but it hasn't happened yet and it would take time.

As for your dreams that some manager is going to come in and convince Alexis and buy loads of top class players and turn things around quickly - well just look at Man Utd post-Fergie. It isn't going to happen.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Rumours in Italy are that Alexis is considering his future. He wants to win things and that performance destroyed his hope of doing so with us. Looks like we'll be in for Lacazette again.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Can see Pep and Conte all over that bootey. Hopefully he goes to Bayern with his mate Vidal.
Yeah, Bayern makes a lot of sense. Big club that can offer him big wages and they have aging wingers so he will be guaranteed a starting spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom