• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Genuinely love our new leadership structure, first time in about a decade it feels like we’re not being run by clowns.

We're all over the place. While I like Mkhi, this is all being forced on us. It's pure panic stations. The only reason people aren't really giving a sh!t about the panic is because the names being mentioned and the fact that we're familiar with the drill: Sell your best player and get whoever's available. Shades of my doomed dreamteam effort this year, when I picked a team with 10 minutes left until the cut-off. It's the only reason I didn't pick ****ing Salah.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's not been that great by my standards either. Been seriously annoyed with his performances many times. Gets away with a lot by running around like a terrier and flailing his arms a lot.
I haven't been watching his arms tbh. I've been watching the passes, goals and assists.

halfvolley

I haven't been watching his arms tbh. I've been watching the passes, goals and assists.

He's not delivered enough of them and haven't led the team to enough victories. He clearly thinks he's a real superstar but for all his industry he often fails to deliver. He's no Messi, just has similar salary expectations.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's not delivered enough of them and haven't led the team to enough victories. He clearly thinks he's a real superstar but for all his industry he often fails to deliver. He's no Messi, just has similar salary expectations.
I dont get it. He's a sensational player. No point in telling yourself anything different because he's gone. His numbers this season despite being under par by his standards, are good by good standards. He's not a GK, a CB or a MF'er. He wont ensure we win games. It's a team game. He played his part. Twist it any way you wish.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
Mental figures, he'll be a good signing for them, I think, unfortunately.

Wish he'd have come to us but no way were we going to pay a player twice what our top earners are on, gone are the days we pay out ridiculous base salaries. Now ours are smaller base payments with heavily incentivised bonuses.

Wonder what united fans think now, after spending ten years slating City for having to pay crazy money to attract the top talent.

and you are still doing it, lets not get all holier than thou at Man Untd after your team spent over 400 million in the last two seasons alone on new players :lol: They are not playing there for pennies.

MkhiMagic

and you are still doing it, lets not get all holier than thou at Man Untd after your team spent over 400 million in the last two seasons alone on new players :lol: They are not playing there for pennies.
What's your opinion on auba and mkhi reuniting at Arsenal? How do you think they'll do and how do you rate their 15/16 season together? Would like some insight from a dortmund fan if possible.

MNUS

Its especially hypocritical when according to GDM they agreed with Sanchez to pay him 13m net after tax.

People are pretending like united just came along and blew city out of the water by doubling their salary offer for the fun of it. The difference between £13m and £14m after tax is 20k a week.

Manchester City is ready to welcome Alexis Sanchez to the club. An agreement has been reached between the club and the player for a contract worth 13 million pounds per season net, plus a 30 million signing bonus. The only question is whether they will close the deal now during the winter market or if it will happen in June. If they were to close it now, Arsenal would receive 20 million pounds while the player would receive the same annual contract but his signing bonus would be reduced to 15 million.

Borussin

What's your opinion on auba and mkhi reuniting at Arsenal? How do you think they'll do and how do you rate their 15/16 season together? Would like some insight from a dortmund fan if possible.

I am convinced they will do well.

Mkhi gets a raw deal I think, cos of his time at United has not been so good. But like I say here before, it was always a really odd move for him. Mkhi is a player who needs an arm round the shoulder and support, Mourinho is the worst manager he could have got. Plus the style at Arsenal will suit him much more than at United.

At Dortmund, yes he had a bad 2nd season, but he actually settled very well in Dortmund his first season and did well, and then the 3rd season of course he was fantastic. So when people say 'oh he only had one good season ever', it's not true. His 3rd season wasnt some lucky season, the talent was there for all to see in his very first season with BVB.

He really is a talent, and he linked up really well with Auba. A good supply line for typical Auba goals really - getting on the end of his passes and crosses!

MkhiMagic

I am convinced they will do well.

Mkhi gets a raw deal I think, cos of his time at United has not been so good. But like I say here before, it was always a really odd move for him. Mkhi is a player who needs an arm round the shoulder and support, Mourinho is the worst manager he could have got. Plus the style at Arsenal will suit him much more than at United.

At Dortmund, yes he had a bad 2nd season, but he actually settled very well in Dortmund his first season and did well, and then the 3rd season of course he was fantastic. So when people say 'oh he only had one good season ever', it's not true. His 3rd season wasnt some lucky season, the talent was there for all to see in his very first season with BVB.

He really is a talent, and he linked up really well with Auba. A good supply line for typical Auba goals really - getting on the end of his passes and crosses!
Totally agree, mourinho was an awful choice by him and the writing was on the wall.

Also IIRC the second season was just a freak season for dortmund in general. Can't remember a team having that many injuries ever, they were playing with a makeshift defense for months and the general play wasn't awful. They would still mostly dominate teams and a combination of bad luck/terrible finishing coupled with the bad defense saw them go on a terrible run. I remember a game against gladbach where they dominated 23-3 shots and ended up losing 0-2. Mkhi improved in the last 2 months of that season as did the whole team and they scraped a El qualifier spot.

9 goals and 10 assists in 29 bundesliga games is pretty solid though for your first season in a top league.

Borussin

Totally agree, mourinho was an awful choice by him and the writing was on the wall.

Also IIRC the second season was just a freak season for dortmund in general. Can't remember a team having that many injuries ever, they were playing with a makeshift defense for months and the general play wasn't awful. They would still mostly dominate teams and a combination of bad luck/terrible finishing coupled with the bad defense saw them go on a terrible run. I remember a game against gladbach where they dominated 23-3 shots and ended up losing 0-2. Mkhi improved in the last 2 months of that season as did the whole team and they scraped a El qualifier spot.

9 goals and 10 assists in 29 bundesliga games is pretty solid though for your first season in a top league.

yes you are totally right about everything there :) Peoeple always look a the results from that season, but unless you saw it you would have had no idea of what actually went on, it was riduclous, just everything that could go wrong went wrong! Then the 2nd half things got better and the team started getting better results and it was quite the turnaround in the end. And yes Mkhi ended the season better.

My only concern was and I have said this here before as well, was in that 2nd season he really sort of dissapeared in the first half of the season when the going got hard. This is where the 'mentality' side of things come from with him really, the doubts some will always have. That he tends to hide, and doesn't handle bad times well.

But that doesn't change the fact that he is very talented player, and at the right club, will flourish.

say yes

forum master baiter
We're all over the place. While I like Mkhi, this is all being forced on us. It's pure panic stations. The only reason people aren't really giving a sh!t about the panic is because the names being mentioned and the fact that we're familiar with the drill: Sell your best player and get whoever's available. Shades of my doomed dreamteam effort this year, when I picked a team with 10 minutes left until the cut-off. It's the only reason I didn't pick ****ing Salah.

Usual Arsenal would be to act tough all window and then sell Sanchez on deadline day to City for £18m without getting any replacement. Only time will tell but this one feels very different to me.

At the moment it looks like we’re not only going to replace Sanchez but actually improve our squad despite losing him. All in the same transfer window. The whole thing reeks of competency.

Alexit means Alexit and Sven is gonna make a success of it.

AmberHawk

The whole thing reeks of competency.
And thats why i dont belive it. So far zero players signed. Unless you count a greek kid defender.
How many times are we linked with people who would improve us? And how many times did it actually happen?

Özil was out of nowhere. So basicly Sanchez. If we do get our bussines done am ****ing thrilled. But untill it happends im being sceptic.

GearOnToast

Usual Arsenal would be to act tough all window and then sell Sanchez on deadline day to City for £18m without getting any replacement. Only time will tell but this one feels very different to me.

At the moment it looks like we’re not only going to replace Sanchez but actually improve our squad despite losing him. All in the same transfer window. The whole thing reeks of competency.

We are the master deceivers when it comes to transfers, so I wouldn't invest your feelings in it just yet. It would be typical Arsenal for Aubameyang to ping a Hat-Trick on his next outing and pledge his allegiance to Dortmund haha.

We are indeed paying a lot for the players, but their salaries are a lot less as basic now. Put it like this, De Bruyne is on roughly the same amount as Walcott was getting at Arsenal, who would you rather have?

As for acting holier than thou, your club and supporters are the worst for it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

You're looking at it from an angle that I don't think I have the flexibility to see. I'd have been glad to see him go to City for £18m on deadline day. That wouldn't have stopped us getting Auber and possibly Mhki in the meantime...

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
We are indeed paying a lot for the players, but their salaries are a lot less as basic now. Put it like this, De Bruyne is on roughly the same amount as Walcott was getting at Arsenal, who would you rather have?

As for acting holier than thou, your club and supporters are the worst for it.

Not sure, think Man United and Liverpool fans are much worse. They feel entitled to being the best.

Liverpool specially.

we've won 3 fa cups and still have accepted that we're sliding into kid table territory.

HBL

Established Member
Feel like this deal hasn’t really moved in the last 48 hours. Doubt it will be done by the weekend.

Feel like this deal hasn’t really moved in the last 48 hours. Doubt it will be done by the weekend.

I reckon will be announced tomorrow.

United definitely getting the better of the deal, unfortunately. Despite the amount they are having to pay to get it over the line.

Hopefully Mkhitaryan will do really well for you, if only to show how poor Maureen is at using quality players ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Mikayil Faye ‘has in his mind’ to leave Barcelona this summer. Liverpool, Manchester United, Inter Milan & Bayern Munich are all showing a lot of interest in the player, however, Arsenal have ‘burst strongly’ onto the case in recent hours [Mundo Deportivo]

Latest posts

Top Bottom