• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aliadiere coming back

Will he ever make it at Arsenal

• Probably

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Spike

Established Member
I would like to give this kid a chance, although he always seem to be injury prone. He came on in the Community Shield and lasted only 5 minutes. As for a regular place in the squad, I don't think he will be, we'll probably end up selling him, but there's some prospect there.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
this boy got very good movement off the ball to pull away from defenders. He just needs to keep fit. With the season almost gone..this would have been his time to get more playing time..where there is less pressure. Oh well..we will see.

praghisa

sadly no for me, IF he ever got FIT there are RVP, Lupoli, Quincy linning up for 1st team ... i can't imagine such talent playing in reserved his entire life

Biggus

Established Member
In Ali's defence, he was thrown into games against Liverpool away,

Errr Oneteam unfortunately on the Job advertisment form to be a member of the Arsenal squad -and I Quote- "Players may be on occasion be asked to play againest Liverpool away" well there you have it :?
I think he's missed the boat..There are others now who deserve a chance... :|

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I personally don't think its fair to say his chance is over when he clearly never had much of a chance to begin with. He was getting injured consistantly to such an extent that he never really got a chance to show us what he can do over half a season or more.

Really feel for the bloke, but Im sure he'll get another chance to prove himself at Arsenal.

jeremiesgirl

I think Ali has a chance to make it - just really hope he can stay away from his injuries. He is very talented and Wenger rates him highly so I'm sure he will show us why Wenger has so much faith in him. Lets hope he's given a few good chances before the end of season and all support him in his combeack! :)

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Biggus said:
In Ali's defence, he was thrown into games against Liverpool away,

Errr Oneteam unfortunately on the Job advertisment form to be a member of the Arsenal squad -and I Quote- "Players may be on occasion be asked to play againest Liverpool away" well there you have it :?
I think he's missed the boat..There are others now who deserve a chance... :|
Of course part of the "job application" you talk about might say he needs to play Liverpool but the fact remains that is not the sort of games to blooding in youngsters. Imagine we did that with Cesc and he had a bad match and got injured and on his comeback had to play Ma U in the FA Cup semi's? Would we be saying "oh this kid hasn't impressed me and I don't think he is going to make it"? Probably would but most would understand that you can not neccessarily judge a player on a game against the top teams or even just one game against anyone. He needs a run of games and only then can we make judgements about how he will cope for us. That said I don't think he will make it just because of the sheer number of injuries he gets and nothing to do with talent, which he has in abundance.

MightyArsenal

Ali was impressive in some of the carling cup games last year, but when I saw him in the U21 french team I thought he was very poor and in the end he became an unused sub. I think Byran Bergonoux replaced him in the U21 games and is now already scoring goals for Lyon in the first team in big games.

beyondforever

Players who keep getting injuried won't make it. One fine example is darren anderson. Another is francis jeffers. Look where they are now. He is so young and yet he keeps getting injuried. This does not look like a good sign for a player.

Mostarac

Established Member
I do not think that Aliadiere is good enough for Arsenal right now, Lupoli though is a very big talent which has a good chance to become a first-team player for Arsenal.

gooner#1

I dont think he can make it .Too many injuries and look at the players ahead of him -Henry, Van Persie, Reyes and the form and play of Bergkamp wont help him much either .The up and coming Arturo Lupoli who is a much better finisher than Aliladiere will also mean, that Ali wont be able to get a place here.

I dont really think he suits our style of play either .He dosn't have that much pace, and is more of a poacher type of player such as Owen or RAT-IN-THE-BOX Franny "Glass ankles" Jeffers.

#Our play is based around pace and he hasn't got that.He would be better in a team like where Pennat is playing-Midtable.

Biggus

Established Member
Imagine we did that with Cesc and he had a bad match and got injured and on his comeback had to play Ma U in the FA Cup semi's?

But Loyan-were not talking about Cesc and Nan U.....different player-different game...Cesc has shown a lot more promise than Ali, Premership football is highly competitive especially at places like Arsenal who have hundreds of players. Yes hes been unlucky with injuries, but that is also a job hazard, and like Senderos I think he is too injury prone to make it...How long should you persist with a player like that?...Arsène knows. I was going to mention Jeffers but Beyondforever and Gooner#1 have beaten me to the punch 8)

godfather

No, i dont think he will make it here :cry:

It's true, he is a tremendous talent but i think hes best place to play perhaps is Spain

Chips&CurrySauce

I don't think anyone knows for sure if he'll make it here... Next season though obviously is his last chance. He has to remain injury free for the rest of this season, complete pre season training and remain fit next season.. If he does then we will be able to judge him.. If not then obvioulsy he doesn't have the strength for top flight football... I'm prepared to reserve my judgement on this one! You can only judge a player once he has had a run of games and to write him off without even seeing him in action is harsh!

ChelseaFan

Bit early to start talking about selling him isn't it?. How old is he? (i was under the impression he was still quite young).

Chips&CurrySauce

He's just turned 22 chelsea fan.. The thing is he ruptured his cruciate knee ligament this season, last year he had injury problems and the year before that he had 2 hernia operations, so he has pretty much missed 3 entire seasons..

So Chelsea fan, whats going to happen with Forsell. I think he is a class act and a much better player than Kezman and possibly Gudjohsne aswell.. Not sure if he'll stay atChelsea though, I reckon Jose has his sights on the Adriano's of this world

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom