• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Álvaro Morata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don't think he'll be moving this window regardless, his contract is filled with clauses so that Madrid more or less control the transfer.
  • He can't be sold by Juve until after June 2017 or they have to pay Real 80m euros.
  • Madrid have first option and can buy back for 30m.
We'd have to go through Madrid who would buy him back, never heard of transfer that's been pulled off like this.

Anyway his goal record this season is rubbish, if we take minutes rather than appearances he's still done worse than Giroud in an arguably worse league.

Giroud: 52 appearances, 21 goals, 2729 minutes, ~130 mins per goal.

Morata: 45 appearances, 11 goals, 1967 minutes, ~180 mins per goal.

I'd pass, not good enough, pain in the backside to buy logistically and way overpriced. If you want anyone from Serie A look at Higuain or Dybala imo.

Closest I could think of would be a couple of years ago when Sociedad paid us to write out the buy back clause.

TopGunner81

Don't think he'll be moving this window regardless, his contract is filled with clauses so that Madrid more or less control the transfer.
  • He can't be sold by Juve until after June 2017 or they have to pay Real 80m euros.
  • Madrid have first option and can buy back for 30m.
We'd have to go through Madrid who would buy him back, never heard of transfer that's been pulled off like this.

Anyway his goal record this season is rubbish, if we take minutes rather than appearances he's still done worse than Giroud in an arguably worse league.

Giroud: 52 appearances, 21 goals, 2729 minutes, ~130 mins per goal.

Morata: 45 appearances, 11 goals, 1967 minutes, ~180 mins per goal.

I'd pass, not good enough, pain in the backside to buy logistically and way overpriced. If you want anyone from Serie A look at Higuain or Dybala imo.
Higuain would cost silly money and at 29 we all know that's not gonna happen, Dybala would be great but juve will not be selling him for a few more years when his price sky rockets

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Not convinced by Morata and for silly money, 30M+, it's definitely not worth it.

Rather take Bacca. Solid player and has had a good season at Milan, despite how **** they are.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not convinced by Morata and for silly money, 30M+, it's definitely not worth it.

Rather take Bacca. Solid player and has had a good season at Milan, despite how **** they are.

He's a great finisher, think he's scored 16 goals from 32 chances.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Kid seriously scares me. Appears to have everything on paper but can't score to save his life in a league where fat boy Gonzalo is banging them in.

If someone can show that he at least has a good conversion rate then I might be convinced. If not I would stay clear. One more season with a poor striker and I might just risk it all...

Last edited:

Aevi

Hale End FC
Kid seriously scares me. Appears to have everything on paper but can't score to save his life in a league where fat boy Gonzalo is banging them in.

If someone can show that he at least has a good conversion rate then I might be convinced. If not I would stay clear one more season with a poor striker and I might just risk it all...
He takes the odd longshot, so that'll skew all his shooting stats the wrong way. The only method you can really use to understand this kid's game is by watching him, he's too diverse a player so stats go in all directions.

Watch any of the videos on the OP or bottom of page 8.

Toast

Established Member

If someone can show that he at least has a good conversion rate then I might be convinced. If not I would stay clear one more season with a poor striker and I might just risk it all...

35 shots, 21 on target, 14 off target, 7 goals in 33 games according to squawka.

Charisma

34662254.jpg

Morata is good but Higuain is what we need. He'll rack up the goals here and end Giroud's Arsenal career. That's enough for me.

Aevi

Hale End FC
35 shots, 21 on target, 14 off target, 7 goals in 33 games according to squawka.
20% conversion rate then.

Giroud has a 8.9% conversion rate, so he's more than doubled our current striker's efficiency. Pretty decent.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Seen us linked with so many strikers over the years and AM has rejected them all. FFS you deserve to have to put up with Giroud for another four seasons.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

34662254.jpg

Morata is good but Higuain is what we need. He'll rack up the goals here and end Giroud's Arsenal career. That's enough for me.

Isn't he going to Chelsea?

I'm with Trilly, Morata seriously worries me. I'd love him at 10M but you're paying top bracket numbers for him.

At least with Studge you know if he gets on the field he'll bang in the goals.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Seen us linked with so many strikers over the years and AM has rejected them all. FFS you deserve to have to put up with Giroud for another four seasons.
I ain't rejecting him, I would just take other targets ahead of him. His numbers worry me, that is all. Remember what old age Tevez did to this same league?

Potential is there though, maybe he just needs that one spark. I'll gamble on that because nobody deserves another four years of Giroud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom