• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Anatoliy Tymoshchuk

burnsjed

Established Member
Something we lack.
When you look at teh double team in 98 we had
Dixon, Keown, Adams, Winterburn, Vieira, Petit & Grimandi when he was 'deployed' who could all mix it up. What do we have now?
Explains why teams like Bolton , Blackburn & Man U kick us off the pitchh.
Ofcourse on the flip side we have a lot more flair now. :)

malagar

Sounds highly interesting - a player who likes the physical play , but erm what position does he play ?

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i was talking to my manc friend and he said what arsenal are missing is a truely fearsom player. i mean someone who strikes genuine fear into opponents and physically abuses them. we've been blessed with some awesome hardmen in the past. one of gilberto's strengths is that he is very neat in his "dirty work", perhaps too neat sometimes if you ask me. while he is as formidable a bareer as one could ask for in defensive midfield, he's not exactly scary. he has that nice guy look about him and never gets sent off. thats why this tymoschuck talk is so encouraging. i grab every chance i get to watch shakhtar because julius aghahowa is one of my favourite nigerian players and from the little i have seen, he's the real deal. he can be downright evil at times. i would love someone like that at highbury.

longrufus

Established Member
Sounds like a decent player, havnt seen him much though. Would much rather have M. Diarra from Lyon, i think he is amazing and there most important midfielder, without him, essian or juninho would not look as good.

Gurgen

Established Member
Tymoschuk is a defensive midfielder and is very hard working. He is probably one of the hardest working players I've ever seen. He is a good tackler and has a good shot, and adequate passing. And yes he looks like and ox :lol:

dsurg

Midfield bruiser? exactly what we need I believe problem is where will he play, ahead of PV4 or Gilberto?

AFCG7

Established Member
He's a bruiser alright.. seen him play on 3 or 4 occasions and the most impressive thing about him those times was his abilty to ride tackles .. i've seen players have 3 or 4 hacks at him and the brute still tries to keep going.

AFCG7

Established Member
He's a bruiser alright.. seen him play on 3 or 4 occasions and the most impressive thing about him those times was his abilty to ride tackles .. i've seen players have 3 or 4 hacks at him and the brute still tries to keep going.

seanconvey66

gunnertilldeath said:
i was talking to my manc friend and he said what arsenal are missing is a truely fearsom player. i mean someone who strikes genuine fear into opponents and physically abuses them. we've been blessed with some awesome hardmen in the past.

Thats what ive been saying for years, Gattusso or Van Bommel would be my ideals but they are non starters!

JGooner

We don't need fearsome players, just big, powerful, athletic ones in every area of the pitch. Bionic rather than thuggish. Vieira, Henry, Gilbert, and Campbell are good examples but a couple more would be good. One of our great advantages over the Wenger years has been the sheer size and power of our players - we sometimes look like some kind of master-race compared to the opposition.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom