• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Andre Onana

AeNwT

I don’t know what to make of him. Statistically he’s been the top keep for the past two seasons in champions league. He has good distribution but I just don’t like sweeper keepers. I think he’s a better shot stopper than Leno & even if he doesn’t command the box he’s authorstive in clearing. Something we’ve missed. I would fear for our own defenders safety as well. Gabriel, Saliba & Onana could be intimidating. But let’s not get carried away

For 7 mil it’s a risk worth taking even if Leno stays. Okwonko coming through maybe Hein he’s definitely fit into that timeline and provide competition

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Is he only provisionally allowed to play right now due to a temporary injunction or something?
He's not even allowed at their training ground under this current ban. I read if the appeal is successful the length will be reduced to 8 months from the original 12.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Supposedly Nos are seen as the BBC of the Netherlands?

I like Onana a lot. This would mean Leno is absolutely leaving. But it would also mean we need to sign Ryan up ASAP as Onana won't be here for a few months due to the ban. Am I right in saying that?

Malky

Established Member
We should sign him if his ban is overturned, he'd only miss a couple months of the season anyway! Even if his appeal is rejected we should still consider it at the right price, he's an excellent keeper

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We should sign him if his ban is overturned, he'd only miss a couple months of the season anyway! Even if his appeal is rejected we should still consider it at the right price, he's an excellent keeper

Price is supposedly £7M which is incredible.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Great goalkeeper, top notch reflexes and very good with his feet. Commanding in the box and calm presence.

However, he hasn't played in five months and his ban has cost Ajax the tie against Roma basically. If the ban stands he will have missed an entire year of professional football as he isn't even allowed to train at the moment. Think it will be a very difficult road for him to get back to the top level if the ban isn't overturned in June.

Seems like the doping situation was an accident as he took his wife's prescription drugs which aren't even performing enhancing. Such a bummer for him and for Ajax. Missing out on the AFCON in his own country as well.

I'd steer clear until the hearing in June. If it gets overturned I'd take a chance at €15m (Ajax asking price) and just work him hard all summer to get back to match fitness. Of course assuming that Leno is sold.

I imagine he will be training, obviously not with the club but any top professional will be putting work in and if it were me I would employ a GK coach.

Yes its not the same as training at Ajax but I think he will just need to improve his sharpness at the top end and in game situations, I'd be more worried if he wasnt a GK.

But I dont know **** about top level training..

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
NOS are like BBC in Dutch media so yeah they are reliable that's mean we likely selling Leno.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Onana suits what we want to do a lot better I will say that. That African spine we're bringing to the carpet looking spicy -

Onana
Tapsoba
Partey
Auba

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom