• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Andrei Arshavin (Out)

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/05/03/1906691/andrey-arshavin-i-will-leave-arsenal-for-barcelona-in-the" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... ona-in-the</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=andrey-arshavin-i-m-on-my-way-to-barca%26method=full%26objectid=22227489%26siteid=93463-name_page.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/ ... _page.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Andrey Arshavin: I Will Leave Arsenal For Barcelona In The Summer
Arsenal forward Andrey Arshavin has claimed that he is set to sensationally depart the Emirates in the summer and join Barcelona.

The Russian recently claimed that it would be the pinnacle of any player's career to feature for the Catalan giants, prompting his manager Arsène Wenger to express disappointment that the player seemed to want to move.

And Arshavin also claims that Gael Clichy will be joining him in swapping London for Catalonia.

"I am going to Barcelona in the summer," said the Russian, according to The People.
"I have always dreamed about going to Spain and playing for the best team in the world.

''They were unsure about me when I was playing in Russia but I have shown them that I'm the real deal and I know they are ready to talk to me.

"I want to play for the top team and be trying to win every competition, I don't think you can rate one better than the other, it is all about winning. I want to play for them and that is never going to change.

"I know Gael Clichy would love to play out there as well, and he would work well in their team."

Arshavin is also unfazed by the competition for places he would face at Camp Nou.

"It would be tough trying to compete with Xavi and Iniesta but that is the competition I want, I don't want to walk into a team," he added.

Hardly a reputable source but wtf???

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Re: Arshavin to Barca?

The only truth to that story is the fact that they correctly identified that Arshavins nationality is Russian.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

**** off then,
I dont want players who think they are bigger then the club

taylor314gh

didn't he just say he is happy here and his quote was mistranslated? Surely he wouldn't say that and then say this a few hours later. Smells of **** journalism to me.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'm not sure Barca would want him anyways, he's too lazy for them.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member

No thanks. I'm not in the habit of letting our best players go. Player swap for Messi or back the hell off.

asajoseph

Established Member

It's getting to about that time of year when the club bend over and present themselves like a cat in heat to whatever big club wants to take a few of our stars off our hands.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Arsahvin go.

Lord Dula

Established Member

Nope I can see him and a few others going. We're a strange sort of selling club now, with a weird belief that we can offset such things with internal solutions.

As a club under Wenger, we were the aggressive cool hotshot teenager, who's now mellowed as he's hit his mid to late twenties. I'm waiting for the midlife crisis to kick in, where the panny drops and Arsène says "'ang about, we're becoming a bit of a soft touch laughing stock 'ere. I'ma do something about that" when he goes out and buys the footballling equivolent of a new flash car, a swish leather jacket, and starts to overly gel his hair again wearing oversized Ray Bans.

qs

Established Member

Even I don't believe he said that. If he did he should be straight out the door though, but I don't think he did, did he? I want to see him force them to apologize, if he can't manage that then its true.

GoonerAG

qs, I wouldn't put it past him for saying something like that despite all the recent furore!

He can f**k off!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

im REALLY thinking he said nothing of the sort.. everything that is said in the article is just plain wrong..

"They were unsure about me when I was playing in Russia but I have shown them that I'm the real deal and I know they are ready to talk to me"

LOL, ok, on what evidence?

"It would be tough trying to compete with Xavi and Iniesta but that is the competition I want, I don't want to walk into a team"

<cough>bullshit<cough> (no one wants to sit bench at 29 years old)

this is a load of sht=*t, and if its not, oh well, he can and will be replaced.. hardly like he set the world alight this year.. just cant see on what form or manner Barca would want him.. he's lazy and out of shape, he's a whinger, and largely unproven on the big stage (no matter what people think, he hasn't exactly bee great in the bigger games, other than a goal against Liverpool and one against ManU - which we lost that game).. im sure getting subbed for an injury after doing absolutely nothing for 20 minutes against Barca has REALLY convinced them of his quality...

outlaw_member

Established Member

This smells like the Reyes saga to me. Comments have been reported to be made, but they've all been subsequently put down as fabrication on the reporters part. Only for the player to leave in the summer, anyway.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

thegame24 said:
Arshavin is quality.
he is, but he certainly hasnt done enough to make Barca want him..

and he's out of shape.. just think how much more effective an "in shape" AA would be...

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom