• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

answer to England's holding midfield problem.

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 676
A

Anonymous

the answer is simple, with so many awesome center backs, im sure u can just move one up the field a little and put him on the park as a holding midfielder!
England have to play the 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 system. they have the TWO BEST CENTER MIDFIELDERS in the world. you must build a team around them to accomdate them. just see what mourinho would have done. he wanted gerrard and lampard to play with a holding midfielder behind them. im sure that would have worked out well. england should employ this too and start giving them a formation to work with. with so many awesome center backs, im sure one of them can convert. if not, give BUTT a go.

-----------------Robinson

Neville-----Terry-------Campell-----Cole

-----------------Ferdinand
--------Lampard--------Gerrard

---Cole-----------------------Rooney
----------------Crouch

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
wtf? Why is Ferdinand playing at DMF? Put Joey Barton there, he's work rate is awesome. He can defend, pass, dribble, shoot from long range. He is what England need

Ps- I am still stunned as why you putted Ferdinand at DMF

qs

Established Member
Carricks the man for the job. Ferdinands too lazy for the position.

agnishevchenko

scott parker is a better man than carrick!
he has more experince playing in better clubs compared to carrick, though he was nvr a regular!

rashin

-----------------------------Robinson--------------------
-----Neville---------Terry----------Campbell------cole
-----------------------------Parker-----------------------
---------------Gerrard----------------Lampard----------
----Beckham--------------------------------------Rooney
-----------------------------Owen-------------------------

rashin

-----------------------------------Robinson--------------------------------------
----Neville------------Terry-------------------Campbell-------------Cole------
----------------------------------Carragher--------------------------------------
----Beckham---------Gerrard---------------Lampard-----------Richardson---
------------------------------------Rooney---------------------------------------

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
rashin said:
-----------------------------Robinson--------------------
-----Neville---------Terry----------Campbell------cole
-----------------------------Parker-----------------------
---------------Gerrard----------------Lampard----------
----Beckham--------------------------------------Rooney
-----------------------------Owen-------------------------

this one i could agree with.. even swapping out Carrick for Parker.. Ferdinand is NOT a CDM...

invisibleman18

Established Member
this is sort of being discussed in the england v austria thread too.
hargreaves, parker or carrick should be given a chance in that role.

ferdinand in the midfield? lol.
if you are gonna play the 3 CB's together, then play a 3-5-2 with those 3 at the back, and swp and cole as the wing backs. not one of the cb's in midfield.

Wenger14

Established Member
innovision11 said:
the answer is simple, with so many awesome center backs, im sure u can just move one up the field a little and put him on the park as a holding midfielder!
England have to play the 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 system. they have the TWO BEST CENTER MIDFIELDERS in the world. you must build a team around them to accomdate them. just see what mourinho would have done. he wanted gerrard and lampard to play with a holding midfielder behind them. im sure that would have worked out well. england should employ this too and start giving them a formation to work with. with so many awesome center backs, im sure one of them can convert. if not, give BUTT a go.

-----------------Robinson

Neville-----Terry-------Campell-----Cole

-----------------Ferdinand
--------Lampard--------Gerrard

---Cole-----------------------Rooney
----------------Crouch

Honestly all you do is make up imaginary teams isn't it? :roll:

I agree with your point on accomadating the team around Lampard and Gerrard although Ferdinand isn't the man for the holding midfielder role, especially with players like Carrick, Parker and King who could do a much better job. My preferred option would be Parker tbh.

Crouch ahead of Owen? or am I missing something?

J. Cole ahead of both Beckham and SWP?

A midfield trio of Gerrard Lampard and Parker would be devasting IMO, with Beckham on the right, Rooney on the left and Owen upfront. Cambell and Terry in defense would be my choice as well.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom