• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arda Turan

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Good player, a step down from Santi but not a huge step down, at least as good as Bernard if not better.

My only issue with him is productivity - he is brilliant technically but doesn't score or assist enough it will be like replacing Nasri when we need a better version of Gervinho for our forward line.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I'm not sure he's realistic, I've heard him priced at 25m, Chelsea were in for him and I think for the level he is at that's pretty expensive for someone not ripping his league apart.

FinnGooner said:
Poor man's Cazorla. Why would we want him?

So we can play Ticatacatastic, we need a creative player on 1 wing to balance a forward on the other wing.

k24bfan

Turan is a good player. Not the DM we need but I don't expect Jack and Rosicky to stay fit the whole year. He would be a good buy for us.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He wont' add too much to the quality of starting XI except making up the numbers. There are still handful of good AM in La Liga and Bundesliga.

k24bfan

Turan is a good player but we will have to pay 26 mil for. I rather buy Herrera who is superior but we will have to may more(basque premium).

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
jmsmtthw28 said:
GoonRambler
According to @TRT3SPOR we've agreed a £19m deal for winger Arda Turan. Great signing if true. Not sure how reliable the source is. #afc
So we are signing Turan, have already agreed a deal with Zaha, tabled a bid for Adrian and are considering signing Henry on loan
This transfer window is going to be insane

P.S M'Villa to Arsenal is 99.999% done

Old post but an absolute stinker from Jimmy Smith here :lol:

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
English media picking up on the 'he's moving to the Premier League' story from earlier:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/423019/Liverpool-and-Chelsea-target-Arda-Turan-bound-for-Premier-League-says-agent" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... says-agent</a>

I'm only posting this so we can all bask in the glory of his Daniel Bryan-esque beard.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
i wont profess to be a la liga expert or say ive watched him play 50 times. from what ive seen, hes an excellent dribbler and can pick out a pass. but he seems pretty slow (languid, if you will) and isn't a big goal threat. hes scored 10 and made 20 in 86 total appearances for atletico.

everyone is calling out for players who can beat a man in the final third, i think hes capable, but i dont see how he'd be deployed here.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Similar to MD, I will admit that I haven't seen much of him outside of a brief look during January when we were linked and YouTube highlights. What I've learnt about him is he's a lovely dribbler of the ball with good close control. I would compare him to Nasri is several ways. Nasri (outside of his brief purple patch) isn't much of a goal threat, but has the ability to score amazing goals, similar to Turan. He's very difficult to take the ball off, and has a decent range of passing. Like Nasri, I don't find Turan to be very dynamic, while he has the ability, you won't see him exposing players and going past them several times in a game.

I would be disappointed to an extent if we sign Turan (which I expect that we will), simply because I would prefer a more dynamic winger. I'm not a big fan of this AM on the wing nonsense, as it has shown over the past...9...years that it simply causes the team to keep meaningless possession, rather than actively breaking teams down = and now we don't have Fabregas!

Outside of that, I think he's a good player who will improve our starting 11. We'll probably begin to maintain possession and pressure a lot better. If bringing him in means Cazorla shifting into the middle, then we will probably see our system move closer to the 2010 system, rather than our current counterattacking one. I will say again though, in order for this system to work, you need a WC striker to provide the movement to break down teams that sit back, unfortunately we don't have that and so we are likely to struggle.

-------Arteta - Ramsey

Walcott----Cazorla------Turan

-----------Giroud

trunks206

Established Member
Turan's agent has talked up a move to Arsenal.

Agent Confirms Arsenal and Liverpool Interest In £29m Winger Target
Atletico Madrid star Arda Turan's agent has confirmed LIverpool and Arsenal are interested

The agent of Atletico Madrid winger Arda Turan has confirmed that Arsenal and Liverpool are in talks over signing the star but insists they would need to meet his exit clause to confirm a deal.

Turan has starred for Atletico over the last two seasons after sealing a successful move from Galatasaray in 2011. Last campaign he scored five goals in 34 appearances for the club and as they look to recoup as much cash as possible this summer the Spanish outfit may reluctantly sell for the right price.

Arsenal and Liverpool have both been connected to Turan in the past and should either side be willing to meet his buyout clause, agent Ahmet Bulut believes a deal could be done.

"The club does not want to sell Arda. However, if we were to get an offer equal to his £29m buy-out clause Atletico should listen to such a proposal," he told Tuttomercatoweb.

"Arsenal and Liverpool? A destination in the Premier League would be to the liking of the player and I can confirm there are clubs interested, like the two mentioned.

"At the moment there are no concrete offers, only preliminary contacts."

Liverpool had hoped to sign Brazilian winger Willian in recent weeks but the now-Chelsea star received offers that trumped the Reds in terms of both money and European football on offer.

Brendan Rodgers has said that the club are still on the lookout for more players before deadline day on Monday night, but whether the club could afford Turan is another issue after the manager has spent the summer on a tight budget.

Arsenal meanwhile are yet to sign a senior player in the transfer window and will be looking to improve across the board in the coming days. Money has been made available to Arsène Wenger and should he choose to spend it on more attacking players Turan could become more than just a potential target for the Frenchman.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/502247/20130829/liverpool-arsenal-transfer-news-interest-arda-turan.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/50224 ... -turan.htm</a>

...£29m :lol:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Watched him last night against Barcelona and he was very good, similar to Mata I thought but does his defensive duties well as well.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arda is very good player but i doubt we will pay 29M for him and i don't think A.Madrid will sell.

Mudi

His agent also added that there had been interest from Turkey, though he stressed: "No team has come close to offering the €24m [£20m] stated in his contract, but there has been a lot of activity this summer."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2013/08/19/4197976/arda-turan-likely-to-leave-atletico-madrid-for-premier" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/20 ... or-premier</a>

Do agents say anything correct nowadays? It's always something else with them!

Goon_si

After Lamela just went for 30, why spend 29m on Turan?

Instead of hoping that Bale finnaly goes to RM and we can MAYBE MAYBE get di Maria, would be safer to hijack the Lamela deal from Sp**s and screw them like Chelsea in stead of letting them screw us.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom