• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
My heart breaks. But I'll save my tears for when he leaves.

I've never been more certain that he has to go. I can't even get angry anymore, that's the sad thing about it. I was pretty happy for the equalizer. But when goal two, three, four and five entered my reaction was non-existent, unfortunately.

Gervais

Established Member
Hopefully we get through about 2-3 new Managers in the next few years, bouncing around 4th and 6th place whilst making some big money signings, before finding #theone. Would be a storyline of epic proportions.

Nicolas Cage will play the main role in the inevitable biopic.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
I don't see much point in wasting energy here. Everyone knew bayern were winning this game. The title was bottled in early November. Better focus your efforts on the life after Wenger thread.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Rocky, we're not in the mood for your bullshit tonight.

I am gutted and feel really bad for Arsène. He does not deserves the abuse and the vile insults being thrown at them. All the good things have an end but that is a pity if it has to end that way.
Arsène made his share of mistakes but he was also let down today by most of those on the field today. That was abject. One of his mistakes was not being ruthless enough and keeping around a bunch of average to mediocre players and he paid the price today.

Preacher

Always Crying
Wenger is top4 expert, but I have a feeling, that our place in top4 is in real danger this time. We're playing poorly for months now. Some players lack motivation and fight, others are not good enough. To me looks like some players gave up on Wenger(?). Mood around club is toxic. All those Wenger, Özil, Alexis contracts situations won't help. We have a lot of tough away games left.
Maybe Alexis will carry us to the top 4 glory, but unlike last season our opponents will give more serious trouble to us.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I am gutted and feel really bad for Arsène. He does not deserves the abuse and the vile insults being thrown at them. All the good things have an end but that is a pity if it has to end that way.
Arsène made his share of mistakes but he was also let down today by most of those on the field today. That was abject. One of his mistakes was not being ruthless enough and keeping around a bunch of average to mediocre players and he paid the price today.
I feel sorry for Arsène but this is all of his own making.

Anyway, my first contribution to the ITK secret society is that I've been told by someone who knows someone who is an ITK that he's gone in summer.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
I think even Wenger knows he's not good enough anymore. He's not even bothering with excuses after this result. Its sad that its come to this, but he needs to leave for the good of the club.

cloista

I don't want Wenger to leave, but no way in hell do I want him as manager anymore. Move him upstairs as a Director of Football, and get a modern manager with a clear plan in.

happyhappy

This is really heartbreaking. This man is class and Arsenal through and through. Even if he does call it a day at the end of the season he will be forever in gunners hearts. It really hurts very much to see things getting to this stage. What he has done for this club is exceptional and if he comes out and ask the fans for one last season to go all out for a all guns blazing challenge with the full support of the board, i will be 100% supporting him even if it means us finishing out of the top 4. People can go on about Merson talking ****z on tv but he's one of our few flair players at that time who can go on a mazy run and float those lovely crosses in. Same for George Graham whatever wrong he's done, he gave our backline a solid foundation. Wenger is an absolute legend for this club, and it hurts the most if he is to bow out in this manner.

Come'on Professeur Wenger, give it a final push, if you need full support for a final challenge, just say it and the fans will be behind you 100%.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I really hope he announces he'll leave after this season sometime soon. Not because I have anything against him, but because at that moment there will be no reason to be frustrated with him any longer. All fans will be able to enjoy our final games with him in unity, backing him 100%. If he goes and wins the league, then he'll leave on a high and as an undisputed legend. If he doesn't, then we'll still be happy for him. No rants, no anger, we'll all wallow in our memories of him and our sadness to see him go, while also being excited for what's to come.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
The only way wenger is leaving is if the emirates seats begin to empty. As long as fans are PAYING to go in and protest, the club is making money and as long as the club makes money wenger stays.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It is a sad ending, but I hope Arsène can find the right decision, which is to call it a day.

I think it is hard to see when a twenty year tenure is over, not at least for the man himself, but I think it is getting clear that the club needs change.

Like many others, I had hoped it would end differently, but prolonging things beyond next season would only serve to tarnish Arsenes legacy with unsavory scenes.

The board as usual is nowhere to be seen....

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The only way wenger is leaving is if the emirates seats begin to empty. As long as fans are PAYING to go in and protest, the club is making money and as long as the club makes money wenger stays.
The club would make money anyway. Granted it would be damaging but they would make money.

BobP

Memri Fan
I really hope he announces he'll leave after this season sometime soon. Not because I have anything against him, but because at that moment there will be no reason to be frustrated with him any longer. All fans will be able to enjoy our final games with him in unity, backing him 100%. If he goes and wins the league, then he'll leave on a high and as an undisputed legend. If he doesn't, then we'll still be happy for him. No rants, no anger, we'll all wallow in our memories of him and our sadness to see him go, while also being excited for what's to come.

I agree, but you'd have to be worried about a form downturn.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom