• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

STYLEZ

Come on...

He HAS to walk now surely

His signed Muset Özil, Alex Sanchez & Mustafi all 3 for then £100.000.000 and were still seeing no progress the team look dire and are being man handled by Europes elite like a Chihuahua vs Pitbull.

Wenger just go man you can't do this to yourself no more but more importantly you can't do this to us anymore.

Thank you sir.

Goodbye

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'll try and summarise the next ten pages.

Yes Bayern are a much better side than us but we're not that much worse than them to be conceding four goals in a half, Kos or not.

Wenger might not be that terrible, the players might not be either. But the combination of a manager on the wane who believes in players who aren't good enough is a toxic one.

Let's try not to get into the petty arguments and name calling again.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The time under Wenger has been like a TV show that reached its zenith around seasons 3-5 but they kept stretching it out until season 20 because although the quality was a distant shadow of its former self, it kept making money.

This show should not be renewed next season in my opinion.

Hunter Zolomon

The time under Wenger has been like a TV show that reached its zenith around seasons 3-5 but they kept stretching it out until season 20 because although the quality was a distant shadow of its former self, it kept making money.

Best analogy ever, Lol wengers regime is like the tv show supernatural. I love those winchesters but at some time you just have to call it a day.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
His interview and press conference tonight is the clearest indication yet that this is it.

(Although Keown said it often changes game by game)

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
No deal Wenger. As Keown said we need to save you from yourself. Step down for your own mental health. It will only get worse otherwise.

nick gould

No surprises again tonight. Same old same old. Team can't even put 4 passes together. Reminds me of the Sunday league football that I used to play in. The motto was hit it hard and long. Just clear your lines. No attempt to play passing football at all.

That Bayern Munich team is quite old. Alonso, Robin but our boys were clueless. They bottled big time. I used to think Özil was the only bottler when it comes to big matches. How wrong was I. The whole lot including the board are bottlers. Some fans are bottlers too.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan

Reboot with new showrunner.

Preacher

Always Crying
Yeah, look few post above:lol:

On serious note, we need new blood in our club, it's time. We need shake things up. New manager will come with new ideas and clear some deadwood.
Let's hope our board won't hire some muppet. We need high class manager with big stage experience.

After Watford defeat I was angry, today I'm just sad.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
It's all very sad but unfortunately predictable & the club have nobody but themselves to blame for this fiasco. They had umpteen years to transition and make change but haven't had the balls or foresight to do it - we're walking into an abyss here.

redanddread

Yeah, look few post above:lol:

On serious note, we need new blood in our club, it's time. We need shake things up. New manager will come with new ideas and clear some deadwood.
Let's hope our board won't hire some muppet. We need high class manager with big stage experience.

After Watford defeat I was angry, today I'm just sad.
I've just been weary & worn down - the Everton match did it for me really. No longer angry, just bitterly disappointed.

redanddread

I understand some things are out of a managers control but lets look back.
  • Leaving us short at CB when TV5 left
  • Not bringing in a DM from Gilberto leaving to Elneny joining (Xhaka if you dont class Elneny as DM)
  • Keeping faith with Giroud year after year when you know he's too slow.
  • Keeping fingers crossed that Coq will stay fit last season (he didnt, we bought Elneny Jan 2016
  • Buying Sanogo, Jenks & Foo Man Choo (cant remember his name but pointless signing)
  • Following Kante in France but letting him go to Leicester.
  • Paying players far too much thus leaving them stuck to us for years eg Denilson, Gibbs, Jenks,
  • Giving new contracts to geriatrics :)
These are just some things that were completely and totally in Wengers control. He's been a great manager, our best manager but we mustn't over look the negative things and only focus on the positives.
- not being able to organize a defense

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Seventh FA Cup and a sneaky last day toppling of Sp**s and he'll sign a new deal.

The same old season doesn't end in February folks.

Aevi

Hale End FC
It's hard not to blame him for tonight, our players just looked so lost and out of their depth. They're demanded to create and think too much on their own; we're in desperate need of a defined system that the players can follow. Otherwise when we're remotely overwhelmed, chaos ensues.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Does anyone think Wenger can call it a day though? Football and by extension Arsenal is basically his whole life or close enough. I can't see him walking away and leaving unless we drop out of top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom