• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Finances

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You are correct. That means we have £150m net to play with. I'm not sure why we need to show such inflated cash reserves. Cash sitting in the bank is an unproductive asset and loses value due to inflationary pressures. We knew transfer fees were going to rise exponentially, we should have invested every dollar we had available to protect ourselves from that inflation. Liverpool have played it brilliantly - we have shot ourselves in the foot.

There must be a reason when not looking through a financial lens? Does it provide insurance for other Kroenke dealings?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Wow i thought it was less than 100m, i wonder how long the stadium loans were taken over because they went back for more money in 2004.

Table-one.jpg

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Gross debt is £227m per 16/17 accounts.
Since my last post I've done a bit of digging. 25 and 23 year bonds as recorded in our 06/07 accounts. Using the fixed rates the overall debt outstanding for the stadium at the end of 16/17 should be 182,014,104. So we must have accumulated other debt (player amortisation potentially?)or other debt that was in place already and prior to the stadium move and not fully repaid. Which reading early accounts seems to be the case.

It's actually interesting reading old articles here is one I enjoyed
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-will-not-threaten-wengers-budget-310638.html particularly not needing extra money and the playing budget being there. And that's from 2005 :lol:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

If this is true - what is it for exactly then? Arsenal have generated ~£90-100M in net cash from operations for the past three seasons. This means that we've banked £100M in excess cash before we take away investing (capital assets, transfer spending) and financing (servicing debt).

Think Zig when we look at Arsenal financials we have to look at it as a part of the Kroenke sport franchise . Think his big focus is that shiny new stadium in LA .

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The fact is that we could spend significantly more than what we have outlaid in the past couple of seasons. You only need to look at our accounts which are public to figure it out. Whatever the Board say about "not all the cash is there for transfers" is just rubbish. As I said before, a more daring (polite way of saying ambitious) board would not allow that cash balance to be as high it is.

Obviously I've looked at the accounts, thats why I know what cash we have and that it went down :) My point is our cash reserves are always high and I think (my guess) that Kroenke has a reason for that, maybe to use as leverage in the future? Who knows! As I said we'll see at the end of the window but I'd be amazed if the cash reserves drop much at all.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Obviously I've looked at the accounts, thats why I know what cash we have and that it went down :) My point is our cash reserves are always high and I think (my guess) that Kroenke has a reason for that, maybe to use as leverage in the future? Who knows! As I said we'll see at the end of the window but I'd be amazed if the cash reserves drop much at all.

Sorry I meant "you" as in the collective not you personally! I should have said "one only needs to look at the accounts"

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Think Zig when we look at Arsenal financials we have to look at it as a part of the Kroenke sport franchise . Think his big focus is that shiny new stadium in LA .

Yeah I think you're right but I really don't want to believe that. I really want to believe that it's just our Board being complete dinosaurs and completely risk averse. I mean look at the age composition of our directors ffs.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah I think you're right but I really don't want to believe that. I really want to believe that it's just our Board being complete dinosaurs and completely risk averse. I mean look at the age composition of our directors ffs.

They are dinosaurs and judging the responses at the last AGM pompous twits .

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

We're in kind of a unique situation in terms of our ownership. You could make an argument that we're maybe the only club of our size for whom there is even a debate about whether we are the biggest sporting priority for our owner. I suppose maybe the same argument could be made with Liverpool's owners and the Red Sox but they seem more engaged than Stan. But you look at all of the other big clubs and they are very much the crown jewel of their owners' portfolios and are treated as such. We are arguably 2nd fiddle to a stadium which is disgusting to think about.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Levy combines more than one job.

Interesting to see that the next highest-paid director is employed not at moneybag teams like Man City or Chelsea or even Man Utd but at.... Arsenal!!! 5th in the table (now 6th), 5th in the wage league Arsenal.

Gazidis out.

Masta Don

Sp**s pay Levy 6M? He seems to be doing a very good job but that`s a huge amount of money

I thought he was on closer to 10m? He’s done a fabulous job at Sp**s deserves every penny of it. He’s been the main man in their rise unto a top 4 club. Their improvement despite spending next to nothing over the last 5 years has been amazing.

Saving grace is they have yet to win a pot.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom