• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal in for Van

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 233
  • Views 7,223

Legend#1

Established Member
He is more of a Pires type player

VERY quick, VERY skillfull, could be very handy, like Ronaldo is at United

If there's any substance to this story i'm very excited, this boy is quality

Legend#1

Established Member
Feyenoord seem sure that they've RECIEVED a bid for him already

It probably not true, but only player that there club have come out and openly said they've recieved a bid

lewdikris

Established Member
It's on the Feyenoord website www.feyenoord.nl - anyone speak dutch who can translate??

He was linked before.... I doubt they would have announced it officially if there wasn't SOME substance.

Interesting development...

patrick42uk

Established Member
this kid is quality, second choice for me behind robben, but still quality. i dont think he is pires like, more of a by-line type winger like robben overmars e.t.c. but can play up front. he is quite tempramental, i rmeber last season he was dropped to the reserves for arguing with his coach. If this is true, which looks likely, i'd be quite happy. If he comes in january though, cant see him in the team straight away.

Legend#1

Established Member
They say he's controlled his temperement and he's dream is to play for Arsenal, it's looking very good

Also Owusu-Abieye starts tonight :)

jc8gooner

This is so exciting. It is even more exciting in my opinion to sign a player that people don't know all that much about. If we could get him for under 6 million, it might be a good bit of business. Plus, if we could get him in this transfer window I would be well chuffed. I'm not sure where he would play though, but he is still young and would be a valuable squad member. He could play in the FA cup and Carling Cup games against lower teams and then he can play in a few of our easier home games even. Man this would be good. I can just see Wenger coming out and denying this though. :cry:

jc8gooner

Also Owusu-Abieye starts tonight
For definite? Where did you hear that? I was so impressed with him against Rotherham and would love to see him play again, esp in front of the SkySports cameras.

Legend#1

Established Member
jc8gooner said:
Also Owusu-Abieye starts tonight
For definite? Where did you hear that? I was so impressed with him against Rotherham and would love to see him play again, esp in front of the SkySports cameras.

On the evening standard site right at the bottom

lewdikris

Established Member
Well, he's the left-footed player who's type has been missing from the Arsenal attacking line for a longtime - hence the Kewell/Reyes stories. We missed Kewell, Reyes is prohibitively expensive. It WOULD make sense ... but we'll see if this second offer comes back. I'd think they'd have offered 5-6 and Feyenoord may want more like 7-8..

We'll see.

Sammer

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
They say he's controlled his temperement and he's dream is to play for Arsenal, it's looking very good

Also Owusu-Abieye starts tonight :)

Maybe him and MadJens can open up a "how-to-control-my-temper" group after team practise.

Sammer

Established Member
I remember him playing him against Borussia Dortmund, he seems to be very agile and fast. Promising.

But thats about it. It would be Wenger-style to bring in a youngster like Van Persie.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom