• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal in for Van

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 233
  • Views 7,224

reggiepaul

lewdikris said:
Stop misreading others intentions in their comments!

So wait a minute it's ok for some people to talk about poor people turning into social misfits?

Stating background is just a cop out to appear credible when a player goes off the rails but this doesn't give ANYONE a one way ticket to analysing a player especially insulting their background.

I don't find that view feasible or acceptable and I can't see how anyone else can because like I said - you wouldn't like it when it's done to you the same way no one likes it when you do it to them.

How do you think this guy would feel if you went up to him and said "well you look like you're a gypsy and people say you're stupid (hello? at the age of only 20?) so I reckon you can't hack it in the city but you will also turn out to be a bad influence in football and cause everyone problem - also you wont become a great footballer as well."

Sound nice?

This can go on and on - i'll pm you the rest.

A

Anonymous

Don't put Diouf in with those players, esp our Wright. Diouf is a crap player and I've been saying this since the first game of the World Cup, and now I'm being proved right.

JazzG

Established Member
Well said lewdikris.

I can understand where JGooner is coming from but I don't think it will be a problem. However you never know and when making such a big purchase these things have to be considered.

Adam

Established Member
I concur with that too. You must consider all factors whether they are footballing or socialogical as they inter-relate.

Instead of arguing over Jgooner rightly mentioning them - discuss how they relate to peformance on the pitch as Lewdikris has.

This is what matters. Reggiepaul is attacking Jgooner the person for considering these factors, and has failed to acknowledge the footballing side himself. He is being overly righteous, and holding unrealistic ideals about the nature of footy.

Overall, he is winding users up by selecting certain comments while not acknowledging what else Lewd has said (as seen above), not even bothering to challenge the footballing side which Lewd has mentioned.

Ultimate technique of acting like your farts don't smell and beint ultra-defensive - selective quoting and then distorting and misreading the person intentionally.

Wise up, please. It's ruining alot of threads.

reggiepaul

Adam said:
I concur with that too. You must consider all factors whether they are footballing or socialogical as they inter-relate.

Instead of arguing over Jgooner rightly mentioning them - discuss how they relate to peformance on the pitch as Lewdikris has.

This is what matters. Reggiepaul is attacking Jgooner the person for considering these factors, and has failed to acknowledge the footballing side himself. He is being overly righteous, and i sincerely doubt he realistically practices what he preaches.

Overall, he is winding users up by selecting certain comments while not acknowledging what else Lewd has said (as seen above), not even bothering to challenge the footballing side which Lewd has mentioned.

Ultimate technique of acting like your farts don't smell and beint ultra-defensive - selective quoting and then distorting and misreading the person intentionally.

Wise up, please. It's ruining alot of threads.

:lol:

I've replied to Lewdikris' comments in a PM Adam as I stated above but also applied in part to him. Thus acknowledging Lewdikris' comments.

I don't think the comments made by JGooner were credible. The same way if someone were saying the same to you Adam, you wouldn't like it.

I'll pm you Adam.

A

Anonymous

Guys, i think we should have all realised by now that Reggiepaul is a wind up merchant. Take everything he says with a pinch of salt :wink:

reggiepaul

I aint on a wind up and the fact that I passionately went over this on many long pm's with Lewdikris and Adam highlights this. Also the fact I "personally" took this off the forum again highlights I am not on a wind up.

No one can just run around and play the "i was misunderstood" card all the time. If you are offensive you are. You may be blunt but that doesn't excuse you from being offensive. Tact is nessecary.

Go up to a whole group of gypsies and tell them your view, let's see how they retaliate. In fact this time it wasn't "he was a gypsy" but "basically a gypsy". So not highlighting gypsy culture but gypsy traits. I know a few of the mods took offence but this was after it was even settled and I wasn't the only one who took offence at what Jgooner said - others did but not as passionately as I did.

I stand by it - I think it's wrong to address someones background and say they can't cut it. That isn't sociological because if it's sociological most players from dirt poor backgrounds make it and they make it big. Only 0.001% hit the headlines and those situations are unforeseen and circumstantial. No player who lives breathes and eats football would want such circumstances to fall upon them. Of course they want the best and want to succeed at the highest level. Believing anything else and stating that a person from a poor background is incapable is unfair, naive and insulting.

As much as I know the less fortunate people I know make it big and work extremely hard to build themselves up from nothing and most are like this. They are extremely motivated. If this wasn't the case society (sociologically) would be totally in a mess. The fact this trait is human thus psychological highlights how much these people fight to become something. This is the same for anyone which takes me back to the fact the post is nothing more than a "perception of someones reality". Not mine thankfully.

This isn't a wind up but if we're going to talk football we stick to football and footballing merits because the law of averages states these players will be a marketable commodity upon improvement not depreciation. Only that is why so many people see such greatness in them. If it was otherwise why are so many clubs after him - which then asks why, if he is so highly rated would anyone wnat to to think otherwise. Don't managers clubs journalists - who basically work in football 24/7 consider this as well?

I stand by the fact I found it discriminatory and the fact it isn't a wind up with the way I took it off forum and privately.

and my farts do smell, sometimes, but that doesn't mean just like anyone else I don't see something wrong when someone else isn't here to fight their corner.

A

Anonymous

reggiepaul said:
I aint on a wind up and the fact that I passionately went over this on many long pm's with Lewdikris and Adam highlights this. Also the fact I "personally" took this off the forum again highlights I am not on a wind up.

No one can just run around and play the "i was misunderstood" card all the time. If you are offensive you are. You may be blunt but that doesn't excuse you from being offensive. Tact is nessecary.

Go up to a whole group of gypsies and tell them your view, let's see how they retaliate. In fact this time it wasn't "he was a gypsy" but "basically a gypsy". So not highlighting gypsy culture but gypsy traits. I know a few of the mods took offence but this was after it was even settled and I wasn't the only one who took offence at what Jgooner said - others did but not as passionately as I did.

I stand by it - I think it's wrong to address someones background and say they can't cut it. That isn't sociological because if it's sociological most players from dirt poor backgrounds make it and they make it big. Only 0.001% hit the headlines and those situations are unforeseen and circumstantial. No player who lives breathes and eats football would want such circumstances to fall upon them. Of course they want the best and want to succeed at the highest level. Believing anything else and stating that a person from a poor background is incapable is unfair, naive and insulting.

As much as I know the less fortunate people I know make it big and work extremely hard to build themselves up from nothing and most are like this. They are extremely motivated. If this wasn't the case society (sociologically) would be totally in a mess. The fact this trait is human thus psychological highlights how much these people fight to become something. This is the same for anyone which takes me back to the fact the post is nothing more than a "perception of someones reality". Not mine thankfully.

This isn't a wind up but if we're going to talk football we stick to football and footballing merits because the law of averages states these players will be a marketable commodity upon improvement not depreciation. Only that is why so many people see such greatness in them. If it was otherwise why are so many clubs after him - which then asks why, if he is so highly rated would anyone wnat to to think otherwise. Don't managers clubs journalists - who basically work in football 24/7 consider this as well?

I stand by the fact I found it discriminatory and the fact it isn't a wind up with the way I took it off forum and privately.

and my farts do smell, sometimes, but that doesn't mean just like anyone else I don't see something wrong when someone else isn't here to fight their corner.

Ok, i guess i was wrong!
I dont know what you took off the forum, but surely you understand the logic of a young player, with 'learning difficulties' finding it hard to settle in a foreign country with a totally different culture? even if you dont agree with it?

thegame24

Established Member
the two best players in football history

maradona being number 1
pele 2

were poor, very very poor.

why is this argument still going?

it doesnt matter if you are rich it doesnt matter if you are poor the only thing that matters is playing football, and thats the bottom line.

infact players with a poorer backround are likeley to be the best cause they want it that much more and all they probably did when they were younger was PLAY football.

reyes is only 20 and he tore apart madrid, imagine him at the age of 25 after hes matured and settled at ashburton grove.

reggiepaul

Sol said:
Ok, i guess i was wrong!
I dont know what you took off the forum, but surely you understand the logic of a young player, with 'learning difficulties' finding it hard to settle in a foreign country with a totally different culture? even if you dont agree with it?

Sol - i'll pm ya. You know and I know I'll go on and on here so I guess I had better pm you instead - since, being me, I have a problem with the logic and what it relates to... :D

A

Anonymous

thegame24 said:
the two best players in football history

maradona being number 1
pele 2

were poor, very very poor.

why is this argument still going?

it doesnt matter if you are rich it doesnt matter if you are poor the only thing that matters is playing football, and thats the bottom line.

infact players with a poorer backround are likeley to be the best cause they want it that much more and all they probably did when they were younger was PLAY football.

reyes is only 20 and he tore apart madrid, imagine him at the age of 25 after hes matured and settled at ashburton grove.

I agree with that you are saying, but your arguemnt is slightly different.

Maradona played in Spain and Italy. Similar cultures to Argentina.
Pele never left Brazil, untill he went to America.

I have not read all of this thread but i think the gist of it is Reyes having problems settleing in a very different country. I personally think he would be ok, but i understand the logic of people thinking he may not.

Mark

Established Member
http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 30,00.html

well i think we knew this already, but here's confirmation. he did make a bid and i don't think we're getting him since feyenoord just seem to be playing strange games, and i watched him on dutch football the other night and although i didn't watch the whole game he didn't look all that good and the commentator mentioned that he's been rather inconsistent this season, so if he comes here he's really going to have to improve on that, but if anyone can help him with that it's wenger.

orion

Well he seams like a player Arsène could mould into a striker in a true Henry fashion. But as he is now angry at Feyenoord for leaking this out in order to raise his price, I doubt we're going to make another bid.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom