• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal lacking firepower upfront?

A.Hussain

nnaife said:
beanz said:
Iv'e got just one word to say on this subject; Jose Antonio Reyes is the new king (hey, is'nt Reyes Spanish for king anyway?)
Alright I know there's more than one word, but I got a bit carried away :mrgreen:

could be true but who will be our third king cause as the story goes there were always 3 kings. :)

van persie is the third king, the King of the Cage, remember?

Arnie

eerrrmm wats the guy who created this thread on? we have 4 strikers and you are judging it on two preseason matches. You forget that a couple weeks ago we won 10-1!!

and it'sw not just strikers, pires was the highest scorin midfielder in the history of the prem last year and you want more fire power.

A.Hussain

10-1 against barnet!

bro when jeffers scores a hatrick against any team, u can bet ur bottom rupee that the opposition is crap 8)

Gooner83

i think Ali deserves credit for sticking around and now deserves his chance...

i think hes a very good player in the making and has only had a handful of league starts so maybe its his time.

Taozhe

I am sure if Manutd were to lose Ruud and Saha, where will be their fire power as well?

The same thing if we lose Henry and Reyes. Our club will always have the main firepower and the second string of attack should injuries come. Thats part of football. fortunately Henry is not injury prone :)

Mark

Established Member
I think we will cope fine. Henry, Bergkamp, Reyes, Van Persie, Aliadiere are our main strikers and even Freddie can fill in upfront as he did at one point last year. Pires could also move up there I imagine. I'm not even including Jeffers who may yet stay even though I think we will sell him.

weelip

I thought we will be just right with Reyes and Henry with players like Van Persie and Bergkamp as support. We will not want to create a situation like Chelsea last season whereby they have an over supply of strikers.

Moreover the younger players need the chances to prove themselves. If we were to buy some proven strikers as sub, not only we will more conflicts within the team, the youngsters will be disillusioned about their chances and seek their chances else were. A good example of this is Mikeal Forssell.

Hopefully we will have an injury free season by Henry like last season and like Taozhe has state, any team without 2 of their top strikers will be weakened significantly. Look at Real Madrid last season, They practical cannot score without Ronaldo.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i think now more than ever, we are absolutely oozing class upfront. last season, we were not as strong as we should have been in the final third but now there are so many top players leading the line that we are actually spoilt for choice. henry, bergkamp, pires, freddie, reyes, van persie, aliadiere. great mix of experience and youth upfront. we will be the top scorers in the league once again next season.

kin4ever

Henry & Reyes doesn't get injured quite so often! And don't underestimate the power of Ali & Persie! And even Bergkamp~ he showed us that he can still score goals

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Latest posts

Top Bottom