• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,157,735

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Wouldn't be surprised, if Amaechi will leave us in summer.
He doesn't look close to the first team so far and Nelson and Saka are ahead of him on the wings.

Not everyone will make it here.

Even though it might be quite realistic, getting more things to worry about are hard to handle right now. Especially loosing our own bright talents, probably the only thing left to get excited about.

Would much rather you lie to me there. Just tell me about an imminent contract extension please.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn't be surprised, if Amaechi will leave us in summer.
He doesn't look close to the first team so far and Nelson and Saka are ahead of him on the wings.

Not everyone will make it here.
His proximity to the first team was pulled back by his injury, otherwise he would have appeared. He only returned from his metatarsal injury a few weeks ago and has simply hit the ground running in the space of 2-3 games. There's still time for him, and he's not even a year older than Saka.

In any event, if Arsenal are smart we will keep all 3 of them.

Love this picture.

Sounds like Amaechi has been involved in almost everything for us tonight in an attacking sense & Saka with another two goals. Ballers.
The commentators gave MOTM to Balogun but I'd have thought Amaechi was. He seemed to be involved in all our good attacks.

Vanfrothan

I wish we had an Arsenal B team like Real do in Spain, that was an actual professional team but a division or so further down.

Then I could just support Arsenal's youth team and not have to watch the first team!

They really seem to be our only bright spark at the moment.

HBL

Established Member
The lack of coverage is certainly frustrating. Restricted to one off games that are occasionally streamed, otherwise it's just highlights and reading player reports from a few reliable people on twitter.

I'm going to say that Amaechi could make his first team debut this season, will likely depend on what teams we draw in the cups though if we advance. I think players can be added to the Europa League squads if they weren't in the initial one?

Amiechi might still get his debut with the first team this season. Mind you, that he has already debut Saka at very young age in PL. Emery seems to acknowledge our lack in true goal threat wide-forwards so there is chance to get into Emerys mind for Amiechi. Still half season left to play!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The lack of coverage is certainly frustrating. Restricted to one off games that are occasionally streamed, otherwise it's just highlights and reading player reports from a few reliable people on twitter.

I'm going to say that Amaechi could make his first team debut this season, will likely depend on what teams we draw in the cups though if we advance. I think players can be added to the Europa League squads if they weren't in the initial one?
I've got an eye on the BATE game. They were quite bad last season so Emery might bring him on the bench. It really depends on how seriously he takes either leg. If he doesn't appear v BATE, I have strong doubts he will appear at all - at least until our season dies and we have nothing to play for.

I expect Amaechi to impress in preseason then go on loan.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Amiechi might still get his debut with the first team this season. Mind you, that he has already debut Saka at very young age in PL. Emery seems to acknowledge our lack in true goal threat wide-forwards so there is chance to get into Emerys mind for Amiechi. Still half season left to play!
Yet he's buying Denis Suarez. To stock up alongside Iwobi and Mhkitaryan. Not much goal threat IMO!

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I've got an eye on the BATE game.

I wouldn't get my hopes up mate.. If it goes badly the next few weeks, Europa is our only chance at CL so we'll most likely play our strongest team then.. Even if we are in a good position for top 4 I think we'll play our first team. Need to comfortably win the 1st leg, that would open up chances to bring some youngsters for the 2nd.

HBL

Established Member
I've got an eye on the BATE game. They were quite bad last season so Emery might bring him on the bench. It really depends on how seriously he takes either leg. If he doesn't appear v BATE, I have strong doubts he will appear at all - at least until our season dies and we have nothing to play for.

I expect Amaechi to impress in preseason then go on loan.

A lot could depend on injuries tbf. If we have get a decent lead in the away leg I think he'll trust the youngsters to get the job done at home, with maybe a couple of first team players in the side. There will likely still be some awful sides left in the EL after the next round of games, so it will all depend on who we draw.

Don't see any reason to be negative about Saka/Amaechi chances here, both still very young and could quite easily make it here if they continue to develop at the rate that they are.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I wouldn't get my hopes up mate.. If it goes badly the next few weeks, Europa is our only chance at CL so we'll most likely play our strongest team then.. Even if we are in a good position for top 4 I think we'll play our first team. Need to comfortably win the 1st leg, that would open up chances to bring some youngsters for the 2nd.
I don't think he'll appear for the first team at all this season, and once Mhki completes his return, we will see little of Saka IMO.

A lot could depend on injuries tbf. If we have get a decent lead in the away leg I think he'll trust the youngsters to get the job done at home, with maybe a couple of first team players in the side. There will likely still be some awful sides left in the EL after the next round of games, so it will all depend on who we draw.

Don't see any reason to be negative about Saka/Amaechi chances here, both still very young and could quite easily make it here if they continue to develop at the rate that they are.
Oh I believe they will still be here for a while. I just think Emery will be reluctant to play them more than he already has. We would have to get some seriously poor opposition after our current round of cup games.

With Amaechi, he just has to keep his form up. He has 3 goals and 2 assists in his 3 games back from injury. He keeps up that rate of return and Emery won't be able to ignore him.

HBL

Established Member
I don't think he'll appear for the first team at all this season, and once Mhki completes his return, we will see little of Saka IMO.

Oh I believe they will still be here for a while. I just think Emery will be reluctant to play them more than he already has. We would have to get some seriously poor opposition after our current round of cup games.

With Amaechi, he just has to keep his form up. He has 3 goals and 2 assists in his 3 games back from injury. He keeps up that rate of return and Emery won't be able to ignore him.
We'll have to see, a lot may depend on how close we are to top four. Seems to be the main priority for Emery, if we're close in the league I can see us attempting to seal the matches in the first leg and rotate in the second leg.

If we can beat United in the cup, which is a big if with current form there will still be opportunities for them. 7/16 ties feature two non-premier league clubs, if we can get a home draw against one of those that would be ideal. The fixtures are:

Accrington Stanley/Derby
Middlesbrough/Newport
Bristol City/Bolton
Swansea/Gillingham
Doncaster/Oldham
Portsmouth/QPR
Barnet/Brentford

And I'd imagine a couple of prem sides will get knocked out as well, just got to hope we beat United.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Saka and Amaechi are killing it and offer something that we lack in the first team. It seems well worth it to me for Emery to give them a proper chance in our first-team; the rewards could be huge and we haven't looked particularly good anyways.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Amaechi is so so good. Should be training with the first team regularly before the end of the season.

He should have been training with them as early as pre-season - I was surprised he was overlooked after what was a star turn in the U17 Euros (he was in the team of the tournament and England crashed out when he missed the semi).

To me, what gives me reason to think he should be involved is not just talent, but scarcity of his profile. Nobody is as fast as him in our squad, nobody is the type of dribbler he is (other than his younger peer, Saka), and he is also another chance creator. You look the type of wide players that dominate the top 6 and Amaechi is an easy fit into that profile. Whether he has the ceiling to match is speculation, but with his raw materials, it's easy to see that there's a huge amount of promise. At 18, he's at an age where he can contribute fleetingly if given a couple of opportunities to do so. The profile is missing from the squad, the least we can do is give him a trial cameo.
Saka and Amaechi are killing it and offer something that we lack in the first team. It seems well worth it to me for Emery to give them a proper chance in our first-team; the rewards could be huge and we haven't looked particularly good anyways.
The word "pressure" is likely to come up when considering playing younger players in the midst of a slump. I understand the thinking behind it - I wouldn't want to saddle unnecessary pressure on developing players unless I felt they had demonstrated the mentality to withstand it. As I said above though, the bigger issue is the missing profiles - and the academy graduates we have who present those profiles but are ignored because of that line of thought (rightly or wrongly).

Saka and Amaechi are two very unique players. Unnaturally quick, left-footed, technically secure, destructive dribblers, dangerous in the final third and able to play on both wings. Not only that but they are tactically malleable, particularly Saka - as Ljungberg glowingly pointed out. They are both capable of being as good as they want to be, and they seem to have the mentality to do so. Having two wingers like that (on top of guys like Nelson and Smith-Rowe - who aren't quite as direct as those two but more well-rounded and highly dangerous) opens up the attacking options at our disposal. It may be a gamble, but I think they should start to be integrated. Not playing every other game, but at least being introduced as a real option in the future. If they impress sufficiently, they may even become good enough to keep around rather than loan. I would sooner see us forgo Denis Suarez and lose Mhkitaryan than lose either of Saka or Amaechi. If we're going to ignore them, the least we can do is sign players like them who they feel can compete now. But I think they can compete and we should accelerate their preparations. I view them on the same plane as Nelson, and I'd like to see them battle tested just a bit.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn't worry about their future. Amaechi signed a new deal January 2018. That's probably a long contract to be honest.

Saka, Amaechi, ESR and Nelson are the future of this club. If nutured correctly, we have 2 devastating wingers , a goal scoring 8 and goal scoring 10.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn't worry about their future. Amaechi signed a new deal January 2018. That's probably a long contract to be honest.

Saka, Amaechi, ESR and Nelson are the future of this club. If nutured correctly, we have 2 devastating wingers , a goal scoring 8 and goal scoring 10.
The funny thing is, Emery will most likely use all 4 of them as wide players. But I think there's merit in using them this way - Nelson's the type of intense #10 that Emery would like (I think his defensive positioning could be better but think Nagelsmann will help with that), Smith-Rowe really accelerated to the top after moving to central midfield for the U23s, that took his game forward and he'd be a great #8 IMO - then Saka and Amaechi pick themselves.

They can be used a variety of ways. Remains to be seen how.

Agree with this. Keep saying it but outside of Nelson, I think he is our biggest prospect.
Me too. Or, at least, he's become my favorite of the bunch. Saka definitely has a claim.

Smashes it. One touch, short backlift, top f*cking bins. Taunts the Sp**s fans afterwards aswell - kid's got a lot of personality too. Joel Lopez with the assist here aswell.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom