• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJJ

Established Member
In 21 months Guardiola has a net spent £371m.
In 21 years Wenger has a net spent £349m.

You can use this stat for a lot of things (and i know its scewed), but i just want to say that while i acknowledge that City is the best team in the league, i have no respect for the way they (and Guardiola) has accomplished it.

I know these are dark times and we're pissed at our coach and club.

But I'd argue that if given the same amount of money in that short timeframe, Coaches like Klopp and Wenger would be challenging just as much as Guardiola

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If Wenger was truly someone who respects the fans and the club, he would make a special press conference and announce now his end of the season departure and energize both the fans and players to make the best out of this season and win the Europa League for the club and for him.

But we all know how egoistical Wenger is, he will not step down until we become a worse club than we were when he first arrived.

The thing is you assume in that scenario everything would be positive and everyone would come together. If something bad happened it could be a disaster, it might cause everyone just to down tools.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
The thing is you assume in that scenario everything would be positive and everyone would come together. If something bad happened it could be a disaster, it might cause everyone just to down tools.
So in the worst case nothing will change.

All the more reason to TRY.

I‘m absolutely sure that the majority of Arsenal fans will get behind the team 100% even in defeat. Because the hope that things will get better would be back and that‘s all it takes for fans to support, to hope.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
In 21 months Guardiola has spent £371m.
In 21 years Wenger has spent £349m.

You can use this stat for a lot of things (and i know its scewed), but i just want to say that while i acknowledge that City is the best team in the league, i have no respect for the way they (and Guardiola) has accomplished it.

I know these are dark times and we're pissed at our coach and club.

But I'd argue that if given the same amount of money in that short timeframe, Coaches like Klopp and Wenger would be challenging just as much as Guardiola

Sorry, what? Wenger has spent the best part of £400m in the last 5-6 years.

say yes

forum master baiter

Islington gazette says that there was a board meeting on Monday following our defeat, and Wenger has subsequently told the players that if we don’t make CL then it will be all change over summer.

More fuel for the ‘board have told wenger he’s gone if we don’t make CL’ fire.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Islington gazette says that there was a board meeting on Monday following our defeat, and Wenger has subsequently told the players that if we don’t make CL then it will be all change over summer.

Let's hope they decide to go on holiday early then.

BobP

Memri Fan

"It's all change in the summer"

What does that even mean?

I thought the club was already changing?

You can't exactly sell all your players now can you?

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed

Somehow this is funny. So it will be an entire change of players in the summer? Just can't understand this.

I think only a single change would be better for this club and we all know which one would it be.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Have to say it's terrible to watch the demise of the Great Man.

I want to say he doesn't deserve it, but he's partly brought it on himself. He is definitely his own worst enemy. Only signing Cech in 2016.... should've won the league and walked away in to the sunset, sticking his fingers up at the pundit's and naysayers. The irony is winning the league on a budget is possible, but it was Leicester who ended up doing it.

I really hope he wins the Europa and steps down.
The lack of transfers was Ivan failing that season.

I only blame Wenger for our mental fragility and poor tactical setup. That said, with our squad, Wenger did well from 2004-2012. He really failed us from 2013, once we had decent resources.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Wonder if he played it Too safe

In the past our best transfers like Henry and Paddy were gambles they had unforfilled talent .

Now we dont really gamble

Like signing a balotelli , him playing to his full potential is really something.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
My bad :) Forgot to write net spent*.
maybe he should have tried harder on the actual transfer spend and the players he is getting for money (ie being a football manager) than worrying about net spend quite frankly....
Cant see the value in players like Xhaka, Mustafi, Chambers, Perez, Gabriel that we have bought recently. Its kind of a double edged sword, how well Wenger has done to not spend all this money and scrape "success" not much great accountancy or football management in that is there. My suggestion, perhaps observation is that he has long since stopped behaving like a football manager and seems more obsessed with accountancy and money, his own pride and legacy as regards what happens on the pitch. Its a myth that he is this great footballing man and somehow a purist of the beautiful game first and foremost. Most of what seems to happen with his input at the club resolves around maximising profitability, accounting and balancing that with doing a good job (Ill admit that) of finding a way to placate the fans with cup wins and taking pressure off the board basically a highly paid human shield. I dont think all of that is an unfair statement.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Some of those players are championship level, so can't expect much from them.

I'm hoping that the 'all change' applies to him because he's the biggest part of the problem. It'll be interesting to see how the players respond.
Interesting that you say that,now am i'm inclined to ask who are they?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If that true that another fact Wenger is control of football club he got the right to told the players it will Change in summer if we not make CL. But the board should tell Arsène the same not stay quite

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Some of those players are championship level, so can't expect much from them.

I'm hoping that the 'all change' applies to him because he's the biggest part of the problem. It'll be interesting to see how the players respond.
They are not if they really are we should've been fighting for relegation they under preforming because they are comfortable Wenger won't drop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom