• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

If we implode which I really am hoping we will, then I think Wenger will be rightfully forced out. One can hope.

I REALLY want to start enjoying football again.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
You make a good point. The question is if Chelsea and the Manchester teams bid on the same world class or top level player these days , would he come to Arsenal even if we offered the same terms? It's probably the same thing when Sanchez turned Liverpool down to come to us. I still don't believe that as a club we're willing to really spend during a potential bidding war. Kante says that Chelsea "showed more interest". Wenger said “We cannot explain everything, but it is quite obvious when you look at where he has gone". Reading between the lines makes me suspect a lack of financial commitment. The Suarez saga was another time where we probably could have got a world class striker by spending an extra 10 mill over the purported buy out price, instead of 1 quid. Let's be honest, we really got Sanchez and Özil because their then clubs needed the money to buy even more expensive players.

It should also be noted that both Chelsea & Utd were unaffected in the transfer market by not being in CL. People often say how can we compete if we are not top 4, well they did and if we have any ambition we will as well.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If we implode which I really am hoping we will, then I think Wenger will be rightfully forced out. One can hope.

I REALLY want to start enjoying football again.
We're in a cup final, which we could win, and will finish just outside the top 4. There will be no imploding.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It should also be noted that both Chelsea & Utd were unaffected in the transfer market by not being in CL. People often say how can we compete if we are not top 4, well they did and if we have any ambition we will as well.

Utd were affected as players rejected them in previous years. They got Pogba because the money involved for all was unbelievable.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

We're in a cup final, which we could win, and will finish just outside the top 4. There will be no imploding.

If we don't win and finish 6th. With Sanchez leaving too. That's a ****ing tragic season from where we should be right now, no matter how you spin it.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Him having a bad season and falling out of the top 4 once in 20 years isnt the end of the world but the way he is treating his contract situation and the fans has unfortunately made me lose a fair bit of respect for him, it's a wound that will heal but he is embarrassing himself and being frankly rude to the fans.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Him having a bad season and falling out of the top 4 once in 20 years isnt the end of the world but the way he is treating his contract situation and the fans has unfortunately made me lose a fair bit of respect for him, it's a wound that will heal but he is embarrassing himself and being frankly rude to the fans.
Maybe he can't give a yes or a no yet because that's still in the clouds?

You want a black or white answer and he with the club could still be in the grey area.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
fans of our biggest rivals got over a couple of poor seasons, and so will we - to some extent we've been spoiled by finishing in the top 4 for so long, so that even finishing runners-up last year was seen as a massive failure by many

this season could well be a blessing in disguise if it leads to a big shake-up in personnel and organization - I would prefer it to be under a new manager, but can see a case for Wenger overseeing the changes before handing over an improved product to a new man

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Utd were affected as players rejected them in previous years. They got Pogba because the money involved for all was unbelievable.

Yes they were really affected, they got Ibra for free and they couldn't offer him CL football!

notafan

Absolutely. Nothing reveals more clearly how a once great manager has turned into an arrogant, self-obsessed megalomaniac than his behaviour in the last few months, with his unwillingness to come clean on what is happening between him and the club.

Every time the questioning becomes awkward, he asserts that "it's not about me, it's about this club, which I love etc.etc." When all the evidence suggests that it is precisely about "me" that he is mainly concerned. Except when it is taking any responsibility for what has been going wrong. Then it's everyone else - the fans, the players (not being mentally ready for a game - whose fault is that?) etc.etc.

He is, I believe, a fundamentally decent, honourable man, whose instincts have been twisted by an unfortunate set of circumstances. But if he still has an ounce of the decency he once had, he must come out and asap tell the fans - the fans who loyally go on paying the highest admission prices in the EPL (I'm not one of you, so I don't personally suffer from this) - tell the fans, for goodness sake, what's going on!

It is laughable, and sad, that some of his die-hard apologists, want to interpret his silence as some sort of loyalty to the club and players, so that things won't be disrupted if he tells them now that he is leaving.

The opposite is the case. If he came out and said that he was leaving - at a glance, the toxicity in the stadium (not caused by ArsenalFanTv - they, as any fan channel ought to do, merely reflect the situation) would disappear. And if he has "lost the dressing room", I would expect the vast majority of the players to forget their differences, and unite to do their best to give one of the greats of the game a fitting send-off. Yes and perhaps thrash a club bankrolled by a corrupt Russian gangster, in the Cup Final!

[Unfortunately, I suspect that the real reason for the silence is that he has decided to stay on. And, crucially, Kroenke wants him to stay on - because, even if Wenger and Kroenke have radically different agendas, they have meshed perfectly together for the past few years. They are waiting for an opportune time, perhaps when people's attention has been distracted by something else, to announce this. For the sake of all you long-suffering Arsenal fans, I very much hope I am mistaken, and that a change of mind will happen before the situation becomes even more toxic.]

mm76

Yer Da
Wenger is never going to walk out of Arsenal.

If he leaves us this summer it's because the board caved to fan pressure, not because he decided he was no longer good enough.

i'm 99% with you but still have a faint hope that though he's clearly in denial, somewhere deep down he knows unless he has a great finish with the handful of games left, and in particular the FAC final, he needs to walk away

already said it a couple of times but the way he celebrated that FAC semi win showed that he knows he has to deliver something

he might well think making the final was enough but if Chelsea take us to the cleaners it may not be - will cheer Arsenal on during that game but if we lose, i hope it's very badly - a big kicking on a very public stage might make Wenger realise he needed to go

OShea's2010

fans of our biggest rivals got over a couple of poor seasons, and so will we - to some extent we've been spoiled by finishing in the top 4 for so long, so that even finishing runners-up last year was seen as a massive failure by many

this season could well be a blessing in disguise if it leads to a big shake-up in personnel and organization - I would prefer it to be under a new manager, but can see a case for Wenger overseeing the changes before handing over an improved product to a new man
So you trust Wenger to oversee and hand over an improved product? If miraculously he achieved this, he'd keep it for himself and sign another contract

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I really don't know what the Board are scared of. Not giving Wenger a new contract and actively looking for a new manager would be an absolute slam dunk for them in terms of popularity.

I'm thinking the Ranch Man wants to keep Wenger ($$$) whilst there are divisions within the Board as to what to do.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Absolutely. Nothing reveals more clearly how a once great manager has turned into an arrogant, self-obsessed megalomaniac than his behaviour in the last few months, with his unwillingness to come clean on what is happening between him and the club.]

At the height of his powers & with all the big clubs after his service Wenger did exactly the same. Not sure why its such a big deal now.

GDeep™

League is very weak
People put too much stock into "a bad season means there is no way back". Doesn't apply to a manager who has delivered in 18/21 years.

Phenomenal record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough
Top Bottom