• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bergholt

Who do you guys think we'll go for to cover at LB? Do you think we wil stick with Cedric or will we go for Bertrand?

IMO ideally we replace AMN with another dual-sided full-back like Cedric, then we've got reasonable cover in depth for both sides. Not sure who that would be though.

senna

Who do you guys think we'll go for to cover at LB? Do you think we wil stick with Cedric or will we go for Bertrand? I know the club would ideally like to integrate Flores into the squad in future so Bertrand, based on his age, would make sense. Or alternatively, would you prefer a highly rated champiosnhip full back like Rico Henry or Omar Richards? We do need someone to share the load with Tierney.

Dunno why so many against the Bertrand on a free. He seems competent & you dont want to waste non HG spots (especially if you intend to shift out HG players like AMN & Nketiah) & money on a back up positions who are likely to only play cup games. Think Bertrand ties us over nicely for a few years by which team Tierney is still in his mid -late 20s & Per has developed a worthy LB to comepte with or back up KT from Hale End.

Iceman10

Established Member
After Cedric’s performance yesterday we probably will look to pre-contract for a free transfer for left back, so with Ødegaard and Mat Ryan (and Rekik) we likely are done for this window. Bissouma would be a wish list thing to get done now instead of summer, and to at least surplus Elneny as we try to secure European football for next season, but it won’t happen.

zilfy

Bissouma would be a wish list thing to get done now instead of summer, and to at least surplus Elneny as we try to secure European football for next season, but it won’t happen.
After Partey hobbled off yet again yesterday I think it would be very wise to shift the cm signing into the winter (as long as the price is reasonable).
If Partey is out for any length of time our top6/europa chances are finished

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Dunno why so many against the Bertrand on a free. He seems competent & you dont want to waste non HG spots (especially if you intend to shift out HG players like AMN & Nketiah) & money on a back up positions who are likely to only play cup games. Think Bertrand ties us over nicely for a few years by which team Tierney is still in his mid -late 20s & Per has developed a worthy LB to comepte with or back up KT from Hale End.
Because it shows we haven’t learned anything from the Willian deal. Signing guys at 32 who are clearly looking for a final payday is not a great idea, even if they’re just a backup. We are better off signing a younger talent that we could develop and then sell for a profit. Ideally, we should be looking at young Championship talents.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
After Cedric’s performance yesterday we probably will look to pre-contract for a free transfer for left back, so with Ødegaard and Mat Ryan (and Rekik) we likely are done for this window. Bissouma would be a wish list thing to get done now instead of summer, and to at least surplus Elneny as we try to secure European football for next season, but it won’t happen.
Haven’t Brighton signed that kid from Ecuador yet? Moises Caicedo? But yeah, if we can, we need to bring that CM profile this winter. Luckily for us the CM/DM market is numerous compared to the CAM one so we should be able to do it.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
After Partey hobbled off yet again yesterday I think it would be very wise to shift the cm signing into the winter (as long as the price is reasonable).
If Partey is out for any length of time our top6/europa chances are finished

You wont get a reasonable price now for a quality player.

I reckon we make a plan internally, and watch Brighton for the rest of the season. Bissouma for a cut price may be on the cards, if BHA go down.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Kolasinac is coming back in the summer, isn’t he? Schalke not doing us any favors, FFS.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I just read on the BBC that there have only been 4 permanent transfers to Premier League clubs, Diallo, Snodgrass, Lonergan and Sanson.

Hats off to Edu and the club for getting in Ryan and Odergaard in what will probably go down as one of the quietest transfer windows in history.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Joel Lopez has shown nothing to suggest that he’s ready or ever will be.

Interesting. I stand corrected, I've never seen him play.

I assumed he must be knocking on the door of the first team after being named in the Europa 25 man squad.

Edit - If Lopez is as poor as you say it makes the decision to put him in the Europa squad and leaving Saliba our even more bizarre.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom