• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

senna

Because it shows we haven’t learned anything from the Willian deal. Signing guys at 32 who are clearly looking for a final payday is not a great idea, even if they’re just a backup. We are better off signing a younger talent that we could develop and then sell for a profit. Ideally, we should be looking at young Championship talents.

Shouldnt be anythign like the Willian deal - dont want Bertrand either if he is on £100k a week. I was thinking we'd sign him for about £50k - 60k a week for 2 years with an option of a third. Shouldnt be hard to shift on those wages if it doesnt pan out. By all accounts Bertrand doesnt have a history of being a disruptive dressing room presence like Willian either. The learning from the Willian deal should be dont let Edu sign any of his agent's mates to a contract.

Would also like a young talent but are there any good enough in the championship that would cost less than £10m - £15m? Also would they be happy coming to back up Tierney for the next five years - you may have the same problem you alluded of young guy just happy to pick up a pay day & sit on the bench?

Anyway looks like Josh Doig is a possibility and likely to be fairly cheap with high potential so that would be the best solution.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I don't expect to see much more business in terms of incomings for us this window.

All in all It's been pretty successful. Ryan in as back up GK, that was sorely needed. Puffin needs to fly the Arsenal nest.

In terms of the options available for 10 this window, I think Ødegaard on loan was the best we could do realistically. Really happy with that.

Deadwood largely cleared out, Kola (loan) Sokratis, Özil. Good stuff. Hopefully Mustafi to come.

Given the circumstances a 7.5 out of 10 window for me. Get Mustafi out or a LB in and I'll probably bump it up to an 8.

I think Edu actually deserves credit here when you see how most other clubs have really struggled in the market, even for loans. Seems like we planned well this window.

Last edited:

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Longshot this one, but would anyone consider taking Danny Rose on loan? I would defnitely put this under serious consideration if I was Edu/Arteta......:lol:. Deadline day loan/purchase of either Rose/Bertrand/Van Aanholt would be a good window for me...:lol:

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Longshot this one, but would anyone consider taking Danny Rose on loan? I would defnitely put this under serious consideration if I was Edu/Arteta......:lol:. Deadline day loan/purchase of either Rose/Bertrand/Van Aanholt would be a good window for me...:lol:

Shall I add Neil Taylor to the mix? :lol:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Apparently the bell is dead, well not dead, just not tweeting about Arsenal anymore, so basically dead

benjamin86

Established Member
Apparently the club employ people specifically to find leakers and put out PR fires.
There was a funny story a few years about a fan running a Liverpool ITK Twitter account that got contacted by the club and ended up meeting someone fairly high up who insisted that the guy must know someone at the club that's leaking him info. He was just making educated guesses and making it all up!

REWB

Thing is you can NEVER stop leaks. Leaks dont just come from inside the club, they also can come from any agency you contact to inquire about a player. Impossible to stop leaks really, unless the player is very low profile like the GK we got.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Thing is you can NEVER stop leaks. Leaks dont just come from inside the club, they also can come from any agency you contact to inquire about a player. Impossible to stop leaks really, unless the player is very low profile like the GK we got.

Arteta thinks he's a plumber.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
James said on Arsecast Extra today that he doesnt think we’ll have any more ins. Not sure if it means much though. Give a listen yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom