• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Poverty, really? Some big steps to improve the squad. Although, if we lose Auba I'd add another LW to the mix, though.

What would you do?

I would definitely not make Depay and Upamecano my marquee signings and bank on Max Aarons to solve RB issues while giving ESR a spot in the midfield and hope we can take on top 4.

It's poverty in the context of competing aginst our rivals. If you concede we're a midtable club now and are trying to completly rebuild the squad with young talents then it's a decent crop of players. But don't expect any meaningful results in the forseeable future with that kind of appraoch.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We dont have the money
What do you mean"its poverty" "if we concede we are a midtable club" unless our owners pumps money into the club (which he wont) we cant compete with our rivals financially
WE HAVE TO BE SMART
fix the issues that can be fixed, buy players that fit the system arteta is trying to play and go step by step.
We can buy smart and build over time and compete that way

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I would definitely not make Depay and Upamecano my marquee signings and bank on Max Aarons to solve RB issues while giving ESR a spot in the midfield and hope we can take on top 4.

It's poverty in the context of competing aginst our rivals. If you concede we're a midtable club now and are trying to completly rebuild the squad with young talents then it's a decent crop of players. But don't expect any meaningful results in the forseeable future with that kind of appraoch.
I dont think we have a choice tbh.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Its good that you have made your peace because what you hope to happen will never happen as long as Kroneke owns the club

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20

Chelsea and Man United look ahead of us, and I'm afraid we need more than one window to catch up with them. So my approach would indeed be a multi-year rebuild. That's not conceding we're midtable, though. Arsenal is one of the biggest franchises in the world. We should be back in the CL in the medium term.

While I do not agree with the exact names, I do agree with the suggested approach.

I'd probably go for Jota at LW and get a more experienced LCB (Aké). Other than that it seems more or less right.

Jota - Auba/Depay - Pepe
Saka - Partey
Torreira
Tierney - Aké - Saliba - Aarons/Bogle
Leno​

How is this line-up not much better than what we have now? Comfortably better than Leicester, Wolves, Sp**s to finish 5th with an outside shot at 4th if things don't click completely at Chelsea/ManU.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lets say Auba leaves and we sign Depay
ST - Nketiah, Lacazette
LW - Depay, Martinelli
RW - Pepe, Nelson

will this work?
Can be fill the gap that Auba provides with this goal and be better as a unit?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Memphis Depay's last three Ligue 1 seasons:

2017/18:
❍ 36 games
❍ 19 goals
❍ 13 assists

2018/19:
❍ 35 games
❍ 10 goals
❍ 10 assists

2019/20:
❍ 13 games
❍ 9 goals
❍ 2 assists

Directly involved in a goal every 100.4 minutes on average.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No thanks to Depay. I want Edouard. I don't want any player with a history of ACL. Too many muscular injuries and the risk of recurrence isn't worth the dependence on him.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wait a second. ARE SOME OF YOU INSANE? He did his acl ins December. He wouldn't even be back playing till January 2021...

Bloodbather

Established Member

Hard pass on Depay. Previously failed at the PL, recently tore his ACL. He has improved since his United days but he wouldn't be worth the money required to get him. Doesn't really make sense for us to spend big on a LW anyway - Saka and Martinelli should be playing. At most I'd go Benrahma and move Martinelli into the CF rotation.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I find it interesting that the article mentions Depay's attitude as a positive. I remember him having some troubles with off-pitch behavior at Utd, if he's cleaned that up but kept his hunger this is certainly worth considering. The talent is there.

Footballing wise his attitude is amazing. Wants to be the best when he steps on the pitch. It's his antics outside of football that are questionable. But when he's as good as he's been lately, who cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup
Top Bottom