• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Are we gonna buy any exciting players this summer? I hope so. Partey would be cool, but it's hard to get too excited about what is essentially a Ghanaian Jordan Henderson.

Ghanaian Jordan Henderson.

@Rex Banter thinking about it :

tumblr_lw691nNyri1qg39ewo7_500.gif

balthazar

If we don't give Arteta a huge transfer kitty to fix this squad whilst FFP restrictions are relaxed its so embarrassing.

Chelsea will fly if they get all their targets, City are City, Liverpool are Liverpool. Wolves will spend, United are on the up and will spend. 5 teams right there who need to be overtaken.

We are currently on par with Leicester. With the signings we'll likely make this summer it just helps us challenge for top 4, obviously its hard to attract players without CL footy but there's top players out there.

At least we can win the North London mini-league.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Guys chill I ain't saying Partey is a bad player, i'm sure he's a very good player. But this ain't Paul Pogba we're talking about here. Our summer windows used to be dominated by transfer sagas for exciting players, now it's dominated by a transfer saga for a player who essentially runs about a lot and makes the team more solid.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Guys chill I ain't saying Partey is a bad player, i'm sure he's a very good player. But this ain't Paul Pogba we're talking about here. Our summer windows used to be dominated by transfer sagas for exciting players, now it's dominated by a transfer saga for a player who essentially runs about a lot and makes the team more solid.
Partey has the highest dribble success rate un Europe. And anyway for years we have complained about buying so many flair/luxury players but not giving them the right back up to excel. Partey can do a lot of dirty work in the midfield and let us win battles there so our attackers can have more license to attack and get the ball in the right areas.

We signed Pepe last summer, as well as Saka + Martinelli exploding onto the scene who are all exciting. If we actually wanna stop being a banter club its time to fix our spine.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Partey has the highest dribble success rate un Europe. And anyway for years we have complained about buying so many flair/luxury players but not giving them the right back up to excel. Partey can do a lot of dirty work in the midfield and let us win battles there so our attackers can have more license to attack and get the ball in the right areas.

We signed Pepe last summer, as well as Saka + Martinelli exploding onto the scene who are all exciting. If we actually wanna stop being a banter club its time to fix our spine.

Yeah I get that, i'm just kinda doubtful whether this is the game-changer that some people are saying it is. You're right he's a very good dribbler, i'm sure that would be helpful, but I want a guy who can make key passes; I want a big of magic in midfield.

I'm seeing people say we'll play Partey and Saka in midfield and they'll dribble a lot and that will somehow lead to a great attack. Like ok, i'm happy to be proved wrong, but I still think the team lacks a playmaker.

We went from having arguably too many playmakers to having none at all. Some people think football has changed beyond the need for midfield playmakers. I don't buy that.

But again, happy to be proved wrong.

Goonger

Yeah I get that, i'm just kinda doubtful whether this is the game-changer that some people are saying it is. You're right he's a very good dribbler, i'm sure that would be helpful, but I want a guy who can make key passes; I want a big of magic in midfield.

I'm seeing people say we'll play Partey and Saka in midfield and they'll dribble a lot and that will somehow lead to a great attack. Like ok, i'm happy to be proved wrong, but I still think the team lacks a playmaker.

We went from having arguably too many playmakers to having none at all. Some people think football has changed beyond the need for midfield playmakers. I don't buy that.

But again, happy to be proved wrong.

He's certainly not going to be a game changer on his own. But what he would bring to the midfield is things that we severely lack, strength, athleticism, no shortage of pace, the ability to win the ball back when we lose it. Too often we are easy to play round or play through in midfield, see the 2nd half of the game the other night. True, we need better with the ball as well, but this would be a big step in the right direction to achieving s9me balance.

Arseshavin

I think what we need is to replace Xhaka with a better deep lying playmaker (This won't happen because Arteta loves Xhaka's mentality), and then buy a big strong ballwinner who's direct and carries the ball through midfield. I don't know if Partey is that guy, but the description of him does tick a lot of the boxes.

Last edited:

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

He isn't like Paul Pogba? You mean the guy who needs McTominay to cover the back 4 and Fernandes to get the ball to the final third. Before was it Pirlo and Vidal he dragged through the games? :rofl: I guess his social media profile has confused you, who do you want next Jlingz????

Pogba is decent ball carrier and a not so great diver. He can spot a pass the odd time when hes in plenty of space and can sometimes get out of trouble, more often when up against it he'll run straight down a blind alleyway and fall over and get a free because hes with Utd. If hes not falling over from a gentle breeze and getting a free kick for it you will normally find him fkin up a pass and getting upset with himself or someone on the other team. But hey if you keep trying to make those passes one will eventually work out right, and then your club can spent 70 million on a player to do what you were bought to do.

If Partey is like Pogba I dont want him near the club, but from what I've seen from Partey is hes very press resilient, good with driving runs but inclined to be very disciplined and check his run, his passing isn't amazing but it is good and he understands how to cover the midfield properly is great at it. Also being able to take the ball under pressure without flopping over like the average fish on dry land or a Pogba and being able to move forward with is so fkin rare.

I'm open to correction on Partey because I havent seen an awful lot of him, but I've seen enough of the superstar Paul Pogba to know what hes about.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Who actually thinks we'll sign a CB this summer?

Luiz just signed a new deal.
Mari signed.
Arteta seems to like Mustafi and to be fair he is playing well.
Saliba is coming in.

To me that's four players who are definitely going to be here next season.

Sokratis, will anyone buy him? His contract is up next summer can see him waiting it out.

Chambers and Holding could be sold, but I don't see both going.

In my head the likely scenario is that we've signed Luiz on and next summer Mustafi, Luiz and Sokratis contracts are all up. To me that's when we'll buy another CB. Not this summer, this summer is a midfield shaping summer.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
With most transfer fees paid in instalments, I think we could do some damage this summer. 50 ish million pumped in plus sales could get us towards 150m on transfer funds. That's 3 world class players.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
With most transfer fees paid in instalments, I think we could do some damage this summer. 50 ish million pumped in plus sales could get us towards 150m on transfer funds. That's 3 world class players.

If we have to pay the Partey release clause in full it probably kills most of our funds.

For me I'd be absolutely ecstatic with Partey and Havertz/Aouar this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom