• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
these wages and transfer/sign-on fees are just a ballpark figures
Willian - 130k - 3m
Coutinho - 200k - 5m
Gabriel - 100k - 25m
Auba - 100k - 5m (addon on his current deal)
Partey - 130k - 50m
Ceballos - 50k - 1m

So 710k wages increase = 37m a year and 90m in transfer/sign-on fees fees

If we can move Sokratis, Holding, Torreira, Guendouzi, Laca then we might even be able to break even
Seems about right. I reckon Gabriel is more likely on £70k~ if he comes. In the Torreira/Tierney category, but otherwise more or less correct I think. Hope we can limit Auba's wage increase to 50k and hope we don't say Coutinho.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Is a summer of Partey, Willian, Gabriel, Ceballos, Coutinho a perfect summer?

Think it’s as good as you can get tbf. I’d like an Ollie Watkins or Ismaila Sarr as a squad option as well perhaps but that’s almost complete.

Was thinking this, it’s probably as good as we can get when you look at the fact we finished 8th and only in Europa, let alone the budget after COVID.

Next summer tho could possibly be absolutely mega, get CL and with all the players leaving who’s contracts are out we really could see Arteta build his exact squad.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Think it’s as good as you can get tbf. I’d like an Ollie Watkins or Ismaila Sarr as a squad option as well perhaps but that’s almost complete.
Depends on how they perform right, if Gabriel is another dumpster fire hell no, realistically none of us will know for at least 6 months.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Gabriel and Partey alone would cost like £70M in positions we desperately need filled. We dont have much money atm and Stan clearly doesn't want to give us big money so this is how it is.

Adding Willian, Coutinho and Ceballos to that along with Saliba coming in is a fantastic window.

Two creative players, two centre backs and an elite midfielder. For a team that finished 8th you cant go wrong with that.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sell off Guendouzi, Torreira and Lacazette and we probably break even too.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Yes, any summer we don't sign Ryan Fraser on a free is a perfect summer.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Say we sign Partey, Willian, Gabriel, Ceballos and Coutinho that would mean we have 36 players in our first team squad.

Mavro is going out on loan, Mkhi is pretty much confirmed as gone but that still leaves us with 34 players. I think we need to get rid of close to 10 players especially if we want to promote a couple of the under 23's like Smith and TJJ. Looking at our squad the obvious candidates are,

Holding
Mustafi
Sokratis
Guendouzi
Elneny
Torreira
Özil
ESR (Loan)
Martinelli (Loan from January when is recovered from his injury)

I can't see all of those going but hopefully most of them will. Maybe there may be one or two surprises too, AMN or Bellerin, Nelson maybe?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Say we sign Partey, Willian, Gabriel, Ceballos and Coutinho that would mean we have 36 players in our first team squad.

Mavro is going out on loan, Mkhi is pretty much confirmed as gone but that still leaves us with 34 players. I think we need to get rid of close to 10 players especially if we want to promote a couple of the under 23's like Smith and TJJ. Looking at our squad the obvious candidates are,

Holding
Mustafi
Sokratis
Guendouzi
Elneny
Torreira
Özil
ESR (Loan)

I can't see all of those going but hopefully most of them will. Maybe there may be one or two surprises too, AMN or Bellerin, Nelson maybe?

I think Mustafi and Özil will still be here next year.

Hopefully sort loans for Willock and Nelson as well.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20

Upgrade Coutinho with Buendia/Aouar and it's perfect, but it's as close to perfect as you can get with the proper outgoings.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Holding
Mustafi
Sokratis
Guendouzi
Elneny
Torreira
Özil
ESR (Loan)

It doesn't matter too much because Martinelli, Saka, Saliba, ESR, Willock, Nketiah and anyone else under 21 don't have to be part of the "main" squad so to speak.

In terms of senior players we have 20 and you expect at least 3 or 4 of those to leave, so numbers wise we are fine. Not sure how you got to 36?!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You can see what Arteta and the club want to do. They want a front 3 for the next 3 seasons building around Auba. Auba 3 year deal and Willian 3 year deal alongside Pepe on the right. Sell Lacazette as giving him a new deal on 250k a week is not good business. Prime time to sell would be now.

Build a defence for years to come as a solid base. Leno and Martinez are 27, AMN I believe could be our long term RB. He's only 22, Saliba is 19 and of course Tierney is only 23. Add Gabriel or Diego Carlos or maybe even both and you have a defence set for a very, very long time.

People may hate on the current board members but if we manage to sign Martinelli, Saliba, Luiz, Pepe, Tierney, Coutinho, Willian, Partey, Gabriel and Ceballos in two summers that's very impressive considering our position.

Imagine we get CL next year...

TornadoTed

Established Member
It doesn't matter too much because Martinelli, Saka, Saliba, ESR, Willock, Nketiah and anyone else under 21 don't have to be part of the "main" squad so to speak.

In terms of senior players we have 20 and you expect at least 3 or 4 of those to leave, so numbers wise we are fine. Not sure how you got to 36?!

Yes I know the 25 man squad rule is only for players over 21 years old but 36 players is still far too big a group. Pep, Klopp and Nuno have said in the past that it is easier to get their ideas across to a smaller squad, not to mention the wage bill.

We currently have 29 listed in the first team squad, a further 3 out on loan and if we add a further 4 new players (Gabriel, Partey, Coutinho, Willian) then that is 36.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal_F.C.#First-team_squad

Last edited:

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Holding
Mustafi
Sokratis
Guendouzi
Elneny
Torreira
Özil
ESR (Loan)

Mustafi is injured so wont be sold
Özil probably cant be moved unfortunately because of his wage demands
and I wont loan out martinelli

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yes I know the 25 man squad rule is only for players over 21 years old but 36 players is still far too big a group. Pep, Klopp and Nuno have said in the past that it is easier to get their ideas across to a smaller squad, not to mention the wage bill.

We currently have 29 listed in the first team squad, a further 3 out on loan and if we add a further 4 new players (Gabriel, Partey, Coutinho, Willian) then that is 36.

It isn't an issue. Got to take into consideration loans, sales and youngsters getting europa league minutes in the early stages.

Leno, Martinez, Macey
Bellerin, AMN, Cedric
Saliba, Chambers OR Holding, Mustafi OR Sokratis
Gabriel, Mari, Luiz
Ceballos, Xhaka
Partey, Willock
Coutinho, Özil
Willian, Saka
Auba, Martinelli, Nketiah
Pepe, Nelson

Expect the squad to be trimmed to around 26 or 27 players by the end of the window. Players like ESR will be sent out on loan, Chambers, Mustafi, Mari and Martinelli are also all injured so its fine imo.

senna

Anyone under 21 (Saka, Saliba, Nelson, ESR, Nketiah maybe) doesnt count towards the 25 man squad limit unless we need to include them for Homegrown. A few will get moved on and we probably want a larger pool of players than usual given the non existent pre season & potential for more injuries.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think Mustafi and Özil will still be here next year.

Hopefully sort loans for Willock and Nelson as well.

I have a vision of an Arsenal team playing at home against West Brom with somehow an attacking four of Auba, Özil, Coutinho and Willian all on the pitch - a geriatric tour de force.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Getting Willian Coutinho Partey Gabriel will make us contender of top 4 because we improved everything we lacked this season. Creativity solid midfield and defense. That of course will depend on our new signings performance but what important to me is to balance the team because our team is so unbalanced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom