• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
It isn't an issue. Got to take into consideration loans, sales and youngsters getting europa league minutes in the early stages.

Leno, Martinez, Macey
Bellerin, AMN, Cedric
Saliba, Chambers OR Holding, Mustafi OR Sokratis
Gabriel, Mari, Luiz
Ceballos, Xhaka
Partey, Willock
Coutinho, Özil
Willian, Saka
Auba, Martinelli, Nketiah
Pepe, Nelson

Expect the squad to be trimmed to around 26 or 27 players by the end of the window. Players like ESR will be sent out on loan, Chambers, Mustafi, Mari and Martinelli are also all injured so its fine imo.

I am absolutely fine with that squad you have listed, that is 25 players though which means we need to shift 11 players which was my original point.

I'm just worried that we will maybe get 5-6 out and be left with 5-6 'dead' players next season, I'm resigned to Özil being here but any more than that would be disappointing.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I am absolutely fine with that squad you have listed, that is 25 players though which means we need to shift 11 players which was my original point.

I'm just worried that we will maybe get 5-6 out and be left with 5-6 'dead' players next season, I'm resigned to Özil being here but any more than that would be disappointing.

I mean realistically Elneny, Sokratis, Holding, Torreira, Guendouzi and Laca will be sold or even loaned if we really cant do deals for them. Then some youngsters loaned out.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I mean realistically Elneny, Sokratis, Holding, Torreira, Guendouzi and Laca will be sold or even loaned if we really cant do deals for them. Then some youngsters loaned out.

Yes I think that we can easily find loans for our youngsters, they are a really good bunch, Elneny too. Being able to shift the other 5 players you list worries me though.

Kysus

The thing im worried about the most is shifting on our mediocrity this window as most clubs that normally do sign those kinda players are broke.

Holding is the only one who is easy as he is english, big, low wages and would be willing to move within the league.

Torreira will be problematic i think, mostly because he will probably want to move to a busto Serie A club and decline offers from lower tier premier league clubs.
Maaaaaaaaybe we are lucky and gattuso decides to make him his pet project.

Guendo everyone knows we wanna get rid, with his ego he will be picky so meh difficult

Elneny should just move to WBA or whatever, we never gonna get something from turkish clubs.

Sokratis would be perfect for a bottom table premier league team. If he is willing to go shifting him to a Bundesliga /premier league team for a small fee shouldbe easy enough.

Mustafi will stay as will chambers.

Laca will stay unless someone decides to offer us stupid money.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Seems about right. I reckon Gabriel is more likely on £70k~ if he comes. In the Torreira/Tierney category, but otherwise more or less correct I think. Hope we can limit Auba's wage increase to 50k and hope we don't say Coutinho.
these wages and transfer/sign-on fees are just a ballpark figures
Willian - 130k - 3m
Coutinho - 200k - 5m
Gabriel - 100k - 25m
Auba - 100k - 5m (addon on his current deal)
Partey - 130k - 50m
Ceballos - 50k - 1m

So 710k wages increase = 37m a year and 90m in transfer/sign-on fees fees

If we can move Sokratis, Holding, Torreira, Guendouzi, Laca then we might even be able to break even
Mkhi very likely going will free up something like £180k per week? And didn’t we pay for Ceballos wages this year? Also Saka new deal, will bump up a further £30k?

If we also reduce Gabriel to around 70k (which is mire likely) that’s around 250k net decrease from the 710k for a total of £460k.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Torreira will be problematic i think, mostly because he will probably want to move to a busto Serie A club and decline offers from lower tier premier league clubs.

Torreira will surely have a decent market in Italy.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mkhi very likely going will free up something like £180k per week? And didn’t we pay for Ceballos wages this year? Also Saka new deal, will bump up a further £30k?

If we also reduce Gabriel to around 70k (which is mire likely) that’s around 250k net decrease from the 710k for a total of £460k.
if you are going to take those into account then dont we take into account Saliba, Mari and Cedric (wages) deals

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Is a summer of Partey, Willian, Gabriel, Ceballos, Coutinho a perfect summer?

Think it’s as good as you can get tbf. I’d like an Ollie Watkins or Ismaila Sarr as a squad option as well perhaps but that’s almost complete.

Depends on whether Gabriel is a Soyoncu (low price and high quality) or a Mangala (low price and shocking quality). If Gabriel is coming in as our best defender then it would be a 9.5 out of 10 summer for me provided that we tie Auba up.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We'd better hurry up and announce someone soon. I'm going on me holidays this week and I'll be damned if i'm gonna be spending my holidays reading this piece of sh*t forum. No offence.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Its very sad for people losing their job 55 is big number too. hopefully everything back to normal soon.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Great news that 55 people have lost their jobs? What **** you are.

Out! out! out!

Arsenal are a business like any other. If 55 redundancies need to be made then so be it. We don't know the ins and outs of those redundancies, its the way of the world.

Do remember Arsenal have 1,125 employees. So 55 out of that many is actually good going considering whats happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom