• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Because it's the right and moral thing to do?

Listen, I'll stress this again, there's nothing wrong in making billions of dollars in money, but when you amass that much wealth you should have real responsibilities to those who make you that wealthy.

I know morals and money don't go together, but Kroenke likely makes a lot of these person's yearly wages in interest alone by the ****ing hour.

Have you not seen the news recently? Huge companies getting rid of large swathes of people, companies who are worth more money than Kroenke.

To get rid of 55 people who aren't currently needed at the club AFTER paying them a few months worth of wages isn't bad in the slightest. Its a unique situation and a decision that won't be taken lightly. Kroenke isn't the answer to all our problems, you can't expect him to just throw money at his business every single time a problem arises.

These people will be re employed when fans are allowed back into stadiums. Its sad for them, but not the end of the world considering they've been sat on their arses for the past few months getting paid to do nothing.

Why would you allow that to continue? I wouldn't as a boss. My own money going into someone to sit and do **** all for the next few months?

Imagine you paid 10 people through furlough and you continue to do so for the whole year, you see them going on holidays with that money without them lifting a finger. You'd be fuming. Its morally wrong to continue paying someone to do naff all.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Have you not seen the news recently? Huge companies getting rid of large swathes of people, companies who are worth more money than Kroenke.

To get rid of 55 people who aren't currently needed at the club AFTER paying them a few months worth of wages isn't bad in the slightest. Its a unique situation and a decision that won't be taken lightly. Kroenke isn't the answer to all our problems, you can't expect him to just throw money at his business every single time a problem arises.

These people will be re employed when fans are allowed back into stadiums. Its sad for them, but not the end of the world considering they've been sat on their arses for the past few months getting paid to do nothing.

Why would you allow that to continue? I wouldn't as a boss. My own money going into someone to sit and do **** all for the next few months?

Imagine you paid 10 people through furlough and you continue to do so for the whole year, you see them going on holidays with that money without them lifting a finger. You'd be fuming. Its morally wrong to continue paying someone to do naff all.

Mate, I won't even bother with you anymore, we're in different sides of morality here, you've made that abundantly clear.

We're not talking about a small or medium company, but a person who's worth 8+ billion.

Hope you have a great corporate retreat when this is all over! See you on Best of LinkedIn's twitter! Ta!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Mate, I won't even bother with you anymore, we're in different sides of morality here, you've made that abundantly clear.

We're not talking about a small or medium company, but a person who's worth 8+ billion.

Hope you have a great corporate retreat when this is all over! See you on Best of LinkedIn's twitter! Ta!

What part of paying someone to do nothing do you not understand? :lol:You'll realise if you ever grow up and own something yourself.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully we make few good sales to balance the books our owner don't care about club staff sadly if he care he could have covered the cost for at least 6 months until this crisis is over.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Watch as Mesut does something nice for these people. The only person with morals left after Wenger‘s/Gazidis‘ departures.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
What part of paying someone to do nothing do you not understand? :lol:You'll realise if you ever grow up and own something yourself.

I'm speaking as a person who employs multiple other people and who's extremelly well off financially and still has morals.

All grown up, had different businesses and always did right by my employees.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Hopefully we make few good sales to balance the books our owner don't care about club staff sadly if he care he could have covered the cost for at least 6 months until this crisis is over.

Football hasn't been in stadiums for what, 5 or 6 months now? We've obviously covered the cost for these people who haven't been working for that period of time and now is the time that's uncertain and not worth continuing to pay people to do nothing.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@El Duderino so say you own a business where 10 of your employees can't currently do their job, you furlough them (without government help) and pay them 80-100% of their wages for the past 5 months.

You're quite obviously paying people to sit at home and you don't know when their jobs will be able to come back due to the ever changing climate. Do you keep those 10 people on and continue to pay them whilst they aren't able to do anything? It comes to a stage where you simply have to let people go in that scenario.

Like I said, people **** posting before knowing the ins and outs per usual.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Jefferson Montero at Swansea right? #ArsenalTrivia
QiatSsbkJk8B8k6EGjBZ865N7aQHGm3-fVrXfuuTGPdCAqU3--C4CSYoPIA3qi6etAwxpu7-aanSyo66tgTQ_ZxKOq5RpDpOJmXRHHF0ffC0wIghcB3J_8_45931MvRJpbk

Ex-Swansea though..

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I dont think Torreira has any suitors right now, Milan were interested but they bought Bennacer
Torino is interested as his past manager at Sampdoria who wanted him at Milan prior to getting sacked has just been hired there... (Giampaolo)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Why would you continue to pay a steward when they simply aren't needed? When they're once again needed they can come back ffs. There's going to be a lot of jobs that aren't currently needed at the club. Those people have been paid for the past 4/5 months. Its time to make a difficult decision.

Nobody knows how long this will go on for, to get rid of someone who isn't working isn't a bad thing in the slightest but people will obviously blow it out of proportion to bash the Kroenkes and such.

Are they actually stewards who are being let go? I thought casual staff are usually sourced from outside contractors?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Are they actually stewards who are being let go? I thought casual staff are usually sourced from outside contractors?

I'm just guessing that match day staff are the ones being let go as they aren't currently needed, judging by what Arsenal put out mentioning match days and not knowing when fans will fully be allowed back.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Maybe these staff their jobs are not needed at the moment i think most of them stewards and some matchday members because there are no fans.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

More likely to be people working in corporate than stewards. If fans go back in you’ll still need stewards but the food courts and hospitality will stay closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom