• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

senna

Yess.. what a wonderful major signings that Arsenal made! Been better than us as per you said which is why Özil was still kept & Pepe is doing great (world class 1st season), Mkhy was also useful to attract Auba. Oh not to mention you decided to give Luiz an extension due to his superb work and his partner also doing great The Prince Mustafi. Torreira the new Viera is happy at the club. Laca has been world class for Arsenal solving Arsenal striker problem ever since RVP left. And also Xhaka was stripped of his captaincy on purpose just so he can convince Auba to sign a new contract, what a lad!

Unlike ours :( We had to rely on our academy Rashford & Greenwood because Lukaku & Sanchez didn't work out and they joined Inter permanently:(. We used Lukaku's sell money to sign Maguire the SlapHead and we only 3rd least conceded goals in the league not the best :(. Martial only scored 17 league goals. Oh please don't make me continue with Bruno & Pogba :facepalm: Only finished 3rd :frustrated:

Well done on finishing 3rd. I am confident you are aware that bar one season under Mourinho, this is the first time you have finished above Arsenal and our rubbish major signings for the last 6 or 7 years and you have also won less trophies. So we've been rubbish the last several years (and probably more) but you've been worse and spent 100s of millions mroe than us to do it.

Gegen Pressing

Yess.. what a wonderful major signings that Arsenal made!
It's the manager that counts not the players. Solskjær in third is good -maybe even understated- but I get grey hair just looking at him -stressed like he's on death row. Ageing baby face assassin is lacking a joie de vivre

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Well done on finishing 3rd. I am confident you are aware that bar one season under Mourinho, this is the first time you have finished above Arsenal and our rubbish major signings for the last 6 or 7 years and you have also won less trophies. So we've been rubbish the last several years (and probably more) but you've been worse and spent 100s of millions mroe than us to do it.
It's the manager that counts not the players. Solskjær in third is good -maybe even understated- but I get grey hair just looking at him -stressed like he's on death row. Ageing baby face assassin is lacking a joie de vivre

Look. I’m not going to keep arguing about this, you have your opinion about it so I get it. My original post was all about Arsenal is going to have Brazilian players in their squad. That’s it. And that poster just started talking about United’s transfers in this thread which irrelevant.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

While I think Arteta wants to win CL as a long term goal I think this is just him saying things to make Willian tick with us. I think the true purpose of Willian is to be a role model for Saka, Nelson, Smith-Rowe, Willock, and Nketiah next season and guide them a little bit!
This is the main reason I like this signing. Willian is a role model pro. While I think he can and will contribute on the pitch, Im really happy to have there so the kids can learn from him.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Someone remind what signings Emery wanted to make but was denied? Trying to imagine what shape our squad would be in now.

Wondering if Raul not going for Emerys targets and possibly giving signs he wasn't going for Arteta's (not seen much evidence mind) contributed to his fall.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Someone remind what signings Emery wanted to make but was denied? Trying to imagine what shape our squad would be in now.

Wondering if Raul not going for Emerys targets and possibly giving signs he wasn't going for Arteta's (not seen much evidence mind) contributed to his fall.

Zaha, Partey and Fabinho

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Zaha, Partey, Banega..

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Maguire/Upamecano, Partey, Banega Zaha.

He ended up with Luiz, Tierney, Ceballos, on loan, Martinelli and Pepe. Good signings, but not the style and profile that Emery wanted.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Arteta has said his aim is to get us to win the CL within 3 years or something, good on him I like that idea but come on, I highly doubt even with the right signings he'll get there within 3 years.

Manberg

Predator
Arteta has said his aim is to get us to win the CL within 3 years or something, good on him I like that idea but come on, I highly doubt even with the right signings he'll get there within 3 years.

He said that in a private discussion with Willian, to get Willian to join us. I like Arteta’s ambition but we’re far behind City and they can’t win the Champions League.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

He said that in a private discussion with Willian, to get Willian to join us. I like Arteta’s ambition but we’re far behind City and they can’t win the Champions League.
That is what I'm saying, he's ambition is good I like that but he's got to be realistic, against a few of the other clubs I highly doubt we'll get there anytime soon.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Resigning Welbeck from relegated Watford after we lost him on a free would be the strangest transfer of the summer.

He isn't good enough any more. Be a good pick up for a promoted team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom