• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Gabriel and Willian so far is a decent window, I’m not complaining as I know more than most there is never any money at Arsenal.

Don’t know why people are trying to make out that me and others are expecting us to sign Messi.

That said, no matter what our rivals do, this isn’t enough for top 4 atm.

GunnerShy

I expect to see at least Ceballos and one other midfielder join.

From there, any extra players will depend on how well we shift players.

Saliba (for all intents and purposes), Gabriel, Willian, + midfielder.

It's a decent window in the circumstances.

With guys like Martinelli (when fit), Saka, Eddie, Reiss Nelson hopefully improving and contributing I think we will be the 5th best squad in the EPL. It's realistic to think we can win the EL or finish fourth.

With United starting the season later, they will have a compressed fixture list which may help slightly.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wish we had cash for Grealish, before the lockdown he was getting a goal or assist every other game. Which is out of this world in the rubbish Villa side.

No cash though, so you go bargain basement and sign Benjamin button from Chelsea.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Wish we had cash for Grealish, before the lockdown he was getting a goal or assist every other game. Which is out of this world in the rubbish Villa side.

No cash though, so you go bargain basement and sign Benjamin button from Chelsea.
Yeah, I got Grealish at Arsenal in Fifa. Midfield 3 of Grealish-Partey-Ceballos behind Auba-Dybala-Pepe. Want to buy Milinkovic Savic.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

You're a horrible little troll. Literally.

Why? we haven’t even had a proper link since Gabriel about a month ago and now that deal looks like it won’t go through either. We’re struggling without Raul, I hope I am wrong.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Why? we haven’t even had a proper link since Gabriel about a month ago and now that deal looks like it won’t go through either. We’re struggling without Raul, I hope I am wrong.

Thats right lock the thread despite news of ingoings and outgoings coming in daily.

African Flair

We got Xhaka, Torreira and Elneny as senior CMs, two of those doesn't count and the can **** of at any moment. It's crucial we sign two more especially when the schedule this season will be more compact than ever.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Why are you only looking at results from January? Why not look from when Mourinho went to Sp**s, in which case they'd be in the top 4. Or from when United signed Fernandes, in which case they'd probably be above City.

I really like Arteta, but I don't think you can say he is definitely better than Lampard or especially Mourinho as it stands.

The reality is, our first 11 (as it stands) is the weakest out of the top 6. We finished 10 points off 4th, and have barley strengthened the first 11, in fact we have gotten weaker in midfield. If we dont sign at the very minimum 2 top class midfielders, it will be a similar story in the league.

Well to be honest that is because a calendar year table was easy to find!

After a bit more digging it isn't as favourable, we have 7 points less than United, 5 less than Sp**s and 1 less than Chelsea since 20th November when Mourinho took charge of Sp**s. However that was when we were at our absolute lowest point, possibly in the last 25 years and the points tally is still hardly what I would call a gulf.

Since Fernandes signed for United on 29th January we earned 6 points less than United, equal points with Chelsea and 1 more than Sp**s. Again not what I would call a gulf.

I will not deny that we need some signings and probably do have the weakest first XI of the top 6. I said in my initial post that with 2-3 key signings the balance could tip in our favour.

In my opinion success or failure in football is about fine margins once you get to a certain level, there is a huge gulf between us and Burnley but I don't see it with clubs of a similar size and stature. It can all be down to a couple of signings being successes or disappointments or a couple of bad injuries to key players. As an example I would wager that City would have been far closer if not ahead of Liverpool this season if Laporte had been fit all season and VVD had missed half the season.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Just want to say I woke up this morning in a great mood and went to check AM, had about 10 notifications.

Went on to find out people had been mentioning me in threads calling me a liar and a midget many times. My day was ruined, I’ve never lied in my lifetime and I’m sick of being attacked for months on this forum.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Our current midfield situation really worries me. We need (at least) two new signings there. By far our worst line and it's the reason we can't play football. Was patiently waiting for Partey and Aouar, but they both seem to stall.

There are so many options that would make us better. Make a move please!

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Well to be honest that is because a calendar year table was easy to find!

After a bit more digging it isn't as favourable, we have 7 points less than United, 5 less than Sp**s and 1 less than Chelsea since 20th November when Mourinho took charge of Sp**s. However that was when we were at our absolute lowest point, possibly in the last 25 years and the points tally is still hardly what I would call a gulf.

Since Fernandes signed for United on 29th January we earned 6 points less than United, equal points with Chelsea and 1 more than Sp**s. Again not what I would call a gulf.

I will not deny that we need some signings and probably do have the weakest first XI of the top 6. I said in my initial post that with 2-3 key signings the balance could tip in our favour.

In my opinion success or failure in football is about fine margins once you get to a certain level, there is a huge gulf between us and Burnley but I don't see it with clubs of a similar size and stature. It can all be down to a couple of signings being successes or disappointments or a couple of bad injuries to key players. As an example I would wager that City would have been far closer if not ahead of Liverpool this season if Laporte had been fit all season and VVD had missed half the season.

Yeah I get what you're saying mate, but its easy to just pull up a set of results that are favourable to a certain team.

Reality is we finished 10 points behind Chelsea and United. We also finished behind Sp**s, when they had Kane and Son out for large portions of the season.

I also agree re signings, we need two top level midfielders (Parey and Aouar) as well as a new number 9 in my opionion.

We also need to keep KT fit for the season, as well as needing Pepe to start producing consistently and Gabriel/Saliba to hit the ground running.

We have a lot to do :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Just want to say I woke up this morning in a great mood and went to check AM, had about 10 notifications.

Went on to find out people had been mentioning me in threads calling me a liar and a midget many times. My day was ruined, I’ve never lied in my lifetime and I’m sick of being attacked for months on this forum.
:lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Our current midfield situation really worries me. We need (at least) two new signings there. By far our worst line and it's the reason we can't play football. Was patiently waiting for Partey and Aouar, but they both seem to stall.

There are so many options that would make us better. Make a move please!
I'm praying that we are silently negotiating with them while trying to offload some dross first. We have like 3 CMs who we want out the door maybe we have gotten to the stage where we must sell before we buy.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Martinez
AMN - Luiz - Saliba - Tierney
Elneny - Xhaka
Pepe - Willian - Aubameyang
Lacazette

I’m guessing this is a realistic XI for Liverpool seen as we just don’t know what’s happening with Torreira, Bellerin and Ceballos.

I think only one of Bellerin and AMN will go, and if Hector does go I reckon we’ll see Chambers stay as he can cover RB.

Midfield looks a massive problem in that line up, needs additions badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom